It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: @ Oklahoma State, 9/12/15
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:51 pm 
UserName Retired

Time to move on after the disaster in Birmingham.......expect a big, loud crowd for Cowboys home opener........stadium is more cozy than most and only sits about 60,000......

Post subject: Re: @ Oklahoma State, 9/12/15
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:21 pm 
Practice Squad

Is it just me or is anyone else not excited about Taylor Reed at QB? He is so inconsistent with his throws...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:45 pm 
UserName Retired

WestCoastBear wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else not excited about Taylor Reed at QB? He is so inconsistent with his throws...

I'm excited when he can run. The Samford game he was out of his element because he couldn't run. Apparently he broke the school record for throws and completions during the Samford game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:53 pm 
UserName Retired

Taylor is not what we are used to like Nate brown, zak Clark and wynrick smothers but his performance at Samford was killer night for a mostly running qb. Based on radio game call he rarely had time to let receivers get open and maybe his shoulder limited long throws. I am far more concerned about the o-line blocking more effectively and learning how to slow the blitz. Has anyone heard status of Dominique Thomas? He was primed for a great rushing night before the injury. Even if he can go vs ok state it might be best to ease off so he can really recover for slc play. Also, any word on Hayden? Pretty thin at qb backup without him?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:50 am 
All-Conference

I hope we can give them a good game. Our Bears needs to be focused in practice, and on game day. I am a Bearbacker no matter what. Go Bears, Papa =D>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:22 am 
UserName Retired

I'll be honest, I'm not expecting a W this week (wasn't even before last week's debacle), but I want to see a much improved team. I want less penalties. I want to see our defense make some plays and not give up a ton big plays. I want to make them earn their TDs and not just give them up after one big play. I hope our QBs have had time to heal and are both back in action (with Reed being able to run the ball).
Overall, I just want to see drastic improvements in fundamentals from game 1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm not expecting a W this week (wasn't even before last week's debacle), but I want to see a much improved team. I want less penalties. I want to see our defense make some plays and not give up a ton big plays. I want to make them earn their TDs and not just give them up after one big play. I hope our QBs have had time to heal and are both back in action (with Reed being able to run the ball).
Overall, I just want to see drastic improvements in fundamentals from game 1.

Agree 100% but being realistic it will in all probability be very difficult to gauge any improvement this week. OSU will have speed and ability far beyond anyone else on our schedule.

I do want to see effort, fewer penalties, and fewer balls on the ground.

Two weeks after OSU I want to see real improvement at Northwestern State.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:43 pm 
UserName Retired

ditto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:46 pm 
All-Conference

Double Ditto....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:00 pm 
UserName Retired

From Coaches show tonight..........Sounds like both Dominique and Hayden may be able to play at OSU..........Whitehead out for a while....Wellmaker available this week........Reed and Winfrey certainly sounded like they are looking forward to line up vs the Cowboys......

For those going to the game, with the construction on campus some of the normal parking around the Student Union may be unavailable. Campus proper is nice and flat and easy to walk around. Eskimo Joe's usually very busy on game days and short walk to/from campus. Lots of very big buildings courtesy of T. Boone....... National Wrestling Hall of Fame at Iba-Gallagher Arena just east of the football stadium......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:39 pm 
UserName Retired

http://www.okstate.com/news/2015/9/7/FB_0907153240.aspx

OSU game preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Win7E8v6Wto

Fight song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-1JulfVis&list=RD88-1JulfVis

Ride'em Cowboys........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYkyICdhVeM

Early CMB practice plays the very popular Trilogy.The Waving Song (you can guess what the crowd does to this)....Ride'em Cowboys and The OSU Chant

Marching Bands can be a small world..........former OSU CMB assistant director Stephen Smyth came to UCA as assistant BMB director for several years before moving on to his alma mater Iowa State as the MB director (still is) ......Smyth assisted Brad Smith while at OSU who is now director of his alma mater's band, Marching Mizzou.......you can hear/see common threads among all these bands when you watch them......one of which is superb musicality and great shows.....Go BMB..........

Last edited by JRK on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:22 pm 
UserName Retired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGTdVAefTvs

Maybe everyone is really busy this week but in case you need a pick me up for the game this week....listen to the UCA Fight Song a few times

Anybody got views on what we will see different from Bears this week?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:37 pm 
Redshirt

JRK wrote:
http://www.okstate.com/news/2015/9/7/FB_0907153240.aspx

OSU game preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Win7E8v6Wto

Fight song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-1JulfVis&list=RD88-1JulfVis

Ride'em Cowboys........

Howdy from Cowboy Country. If you would like to discuss the game we would welcome you at OrangePower.com. Fans will provide local entertainment and eating reccomendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYkyICdhVeM

Early CMB practice plays the very popular Trilogy.The Waving Song (you can guess what the crowd does to this)....Ride'em Cowboys and The OSU Chant

Marching Bands can be a small world..........former OSU CMB assistant director Stephen Smyth came to UCA as assistant BMB director for several years before moving on to his alma mater Iowa State as the MB director (still is) ......Smyth assisted Brad Smith while at OSU who is now director of his alma mater's band, Marching Mizzou.......you can hear/see common threads among all these bands when you watch them......one of which is superb musicality and great shows.....Go BMB..........

Howdy from Cowboy Country. If you would like to discuss the game with fans of OSU, we welcome you at OrangePower.com (just a fan, not a mod). We can provide local eating, lodging, and entertainment recommendations. I grew up in OK and went to OSU, but also went to UA for grad school and lived in Fayetteville for 6 years and Arkansans and Oklahomans are some of the friendliest people around. We have a vibrant tailgating scene around the stadium and don't be afraid to just walk up pregame and start a conversation and watch other games, you will probably be offered a beer and maybe some food. Hope you enjoy the game and safe travels.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:36 am 
All-Conference

Game day!

Give 'Em hell tonight!

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:28 pm 
UserName Retired