It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jonathan Woodard
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:06 pm 
UserName Retired

Understand he was awarded the collegiate Dan Hampton Defensive Lineman of the Year Award by the LR Touchdown Club...........did I just miss the coverage?

http://lrtouchdown.com/dan-hampton-award/

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?179860-2015-Dan-Hampton-Award

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidbazzel/status/689194697021997056

Post subject: Re: Jonathan Woodard
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:21 pm 
Redshirt

No. You did not miss coverage. I did not see any coverage by UCA. The Little Rock Touchdown club did an awesome job. The banquet was very nice.

Post subject: Re: Jonathan Wood
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:34 pm 
Starter

This is the second year in a row that UCA has failed to mention this on their website. Last year Cole Caruthers received the Willie Roaf award for top college offensive lineman in Arkansas at the LRTC and as proudmom stated, they did a great job. It's a pretty big event and one that deserves mention IMO. Pretty nice accolade for the Bears considering the hated red team players are considered as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:39 pm 
UserName Retired

Absolutely right about both Cole and Jonathan.......they were excellent college players and would have started for most P-5 teams............we are fortunate we attract that type talent......

Last edited by JRK on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:48 pm 
Team Captain

You guys should know by now we have a beautifully designed sports website that never gets updated. We have two new football coaches that have both been hired for over a month now and they're neither updated on the site. Apparently mike Mcarty and DJ Looney still coach for us. Those guys running the site must be stretched thin. Need updates fellas!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:04 pm 
All-Conference

Stretched thin is an understatement...with the spring sports just getting started, I suspect all of their plates are running over.

This is not a slam, but I suspect no one in the SID office has even been notified of the changes in the coaching staff. I know that may seem to be unbelieveable, but it would not surprise me one bit. Cut them some slack, they will get to it when they can.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:30 pm 
Redshirt

Beau wrote:
Stretched thin is an understatement...with the spring sports just getting started, I suspect all of their plates are running over.

This is not a slam, but I suspect no one in the SID office has even been notified of the changes in the coaching staff. I know that may seem to be unbelieveable, but it would not surprise me one bit. Cut them some slack, they will get to it when they can.

I would like to cut them some slack but folks go to the web for information. A website that is out-of-date and not maintained is a poor reflection of your school and your program.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:01 pm 
All-Conference

Ray wrote:
Beau wrote:

I would like to cut them some slack but folks go to the web for information. A website that is out-of-date and not maintained is a poor reflection of your school and your program.....

Ray, I would tend to agree with you. I know the people over there in that office and know how hard they work. There are only so many hours in the day. They only have so many resources. I wish they could update everything at the drop of a hat, but that is just not going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:36 pm 
All-Conference

I have run my own website, and downloaded/updated pics myself to keep it updated and I`m 49 yrs old. I learned how to do it all on my own, it was hard, it took about a HALF AN HOUR to figure it all out.

Actually this UCAsports.com problem has been both persistent, and pathetic.

Lets just say I was a parent looking at options for my football player kid, and was wondering about the facilities at UCA. What would I do? I would go the website and pull up ucasports.com and then find the facilities tab. Its an absolute joke. The strength complex is absolutely invisible. One shot of the indoor facility (the Bear logo in an end zone), and zero pics of the beautiful workout room. The Aerial photography is a bit better, but not much. None of the pics even show the completed luxury suites. Just really old stuff that does nothing to "PUSH" what we really have to offer. I have been complaining about this for the last 3-4 years. Its blatantly obvious it`s not a priority. Don't get me wrong, there may be updated pics somewhere on the website, but if so, well, damn hard to find em`!

Still love the Bears though!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:16 am 
All-Conference

All good points....this is probably out of the question, but I wonder if they have ever considered hiring a full time person to handle nothing but the website ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:08 pm 
All-Conference

Exactly what I have been wondering about the last few years. Apparently no-one can think outside the box, and/or they don't ever look at their own website and don't know much about marketing. It`s disappointing but not the end of the world I guess.

Go Burrs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:52 pm 
Starter

Good points, been to all the Southland venues several times. UCA has all of them beat & then there is the drop dead gorgeous campus w/all the new stuff going on. Tailgating is another issue that needs work IMO. If someone figures that out w/a little more game day pizzaz, look out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:31 am 
All-Conference

TBearDad wrote:
Good points, been to all the Southland venues several times. UCA has all of them beat & then there is the drop dead gorgeous campus w/all the new stuff going on. Tailgating is another issue that needs work IMO. If someone figures that out w/a little more game day pizzaz, look out.

Good discussion....as a general rule, I do not arrive until just a few minutes before kickoff so I don't go down into the tailgating area. As successful as it appears this has been, what kind of changes are you talking about ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:27 pm 
Starter

This is just my opinion but tailgating needs to be more user friendly. New parents don't know where to go, nothing is marked. Hendrix has a Tailgating sign and UCA could designate an area for non-Bruce street payers to tailgate for a nominal fee. We tailgated in the parking lot with other players parents for free for 3 years. Last year the same group was required to pay $500 for the season to use a parking spot that anyone could park in for free. That is ridiculous and will have a negative effect on families wishing to tailgate. I thought the objective would be to get families & fans involved to create a great game day experience. Visit McNeese, Southeast, Nichols, Lamar, SAM & they got it going on. Again just my opinions, but with the great campus & facilities, I just think UCA could create an area to foster much better tailgating. Mark off about a third of that parking lot and advertise for $20 a spot & see what happens. I can't see how it would hurt anything. Just try some things and talk it up on campus & local radio.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:08 pm 
2nd Team

Other schools have figured out how to keep their athletic websites current. There is no reason UCA cannot do the same. Apart from the missed off season awards that some football players have received, there has been ZERO mention of spring football, the practice schedule, etc. The last "news" article was written nearly a month ago and there has been several things of note happening as some have stated above.

Additionally, every image I see on the internet or TV of Estes stadium is about 3 years old and without the private suite additions on the visitor side (probably because UCA's own website has yet to update it).

100% agree with Ray, people go to the internet for information and the site is the face of the organization. It's not about bashing people in the SID, but at some point you must hold them accountable. I'm sure everyone is working hard, but working smarter always beats working harder. As you might guess, this has been a pet peeve of mine for a while.