It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UCA SPRING GAME 2024
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:19 pm 
Redshirt

So where's all the advertising/marketing hoopla for the Bears upcoming spring game? It'd be nice to see just a little more effort to get more of us fans and non fans interested. Well......I'll be there. Hope to see some of you other diehard I bleed purple fans there as well. Last I heard it starts at 1pm this coming Saturday, 6 April. Definitely looking forward to see how this stellar recruiting class in coming together.

Post subject: Re: UCA SPRING GAME 2024
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:41 am 
All-Conference

It would be nice to see them try to make an event out of this ESPECIALLY the years it is not on the same day as the Hogs and the weather forecast is solid. I would be more than willing to tailgate, etc. I honestly don`t know if they even realize what they have anymore. Their lack of "conceived" motivation has caused me to not renew my PC membership. I`m going to hold solid until I see some more motivation from the administration. I`ll sit in GA for the games until they decide they want my big money again. Sometimes to get excited the excitement has to be generated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:54 pm 
Starter

https://www.facebook.com/ucafootball

UCA Bears Football

‼️ TOMORROW ‼️
Don’t forget the annual spring game is tomorrow on The Stripes! Starts at 1 PM and admission is free. Come get an early look at your 2024 Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:01 pm 
2nd Team

What I saw. Weather was great. A bit windy, but nice football weather. The 1’s offense went once and stalled out. Mcelvain was indeed approved for a 7th year. Something about an injury from his sophomore year. After that it was a lot of new faces including some walkons getting reps at wide receiver. Myers got most of the reps. About the 5-6th drive some of the scholarship receivers started getting reps and Myers threw 3 touchdowns. One to Wisdom, Smith and ended the scrimmage with a beautiful fade to Lee. Myers ran for one, but Brown called it back to continue to work on offense. Myers reminds me of the Peyton kid from UND. Could be used as a dual threat. Defense looked solid. Glad to have some of the big names back on defense, but they didn’t go. I thought I saw Wilson play a couple downs early. Hard to tell much from a scrimmage. They use it as an opportunity give everyone a chance to play. Hoping I can make it to a game or two this year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:44 am 
All-Conference

PurpleHaze wrote:
What I saw. Weather was great. A bit windy, but nice football weather. The 1’s offense went once and stalled out. Mcelvain was indeed approved for a 7th year. Something about an injury from his sophomore year. After that it was a lot of new faces including some walkons getting reps at wide receiver. Myers got most of the reps. About the 5-6th drive some of the scholarship receivers started getting reps and Myers threw 3 touchdowns. One to Wisdom, Smith and ended the scrimmage with a beautiful fade to Lee. Myers ran for one, but Brown called it back to continue to work on offense. Myers reminds me of the Peyton kid from UND. Could be used as a dual threat. Defense looked solid. Glad to have some of the big names back on defense, but they didn’t go. I thought I saw Wilson play a couple downs early. Hard to tell much from a scrimmage. They use it as an opportunity give everyone a chance to play. Hoping I can make it to a game or two this year.

What's QB and RB depth look like? Better offensive production than last year possibly?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:11 am 
2nd Team

I think Mcelvain will be 1. Hard to argue against 6 years of experience. Myers at a solid 2. I hope they can find a way to use him this year. I think he brings a different dynamic to the game. They played another kid named Koger at 3. Running back room looks like Powell, Hale, Broadway and a Chambers kid. He is the one who hurdled the kid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:47 pm 
Two-Time All-American

PurpleHaze wrote:
I think Mcelvain will be 1. Hard to argue against 6 years of experience. Myers at a solid 2. I hope they can find a way to use him this year. I think he brings a different dynamic to the game. They played another kid named Koger at 3. Running back room looks like Powell, Hale, Broadway and a Chambers kid. He is the one who hurdled the kid.

Thanks for your input…nothing as usual on the
official UCA SPORTS WEBSITE. Not 1 word.