All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: -16 Yards
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 am 
UserName Retired

Comments anyone :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:25 am 
2nd Team

The only comment I needed to hear was from Coach Conque, who said it was the worst performance from one of his teams since he has been at UCA. He was clearly embarrassed and frustrated in his post game interview. You've got to think this was one he felt like UCA would win. The Bears will continue to roll with the backs they've got and hope things gets better, but Broderick Franklin not showing up hurt this offense as he was clearly their top recruit at rb this year. You've got to wonder if all the shifting in the depth chart from week to week on offense is a good thing and if maybe the Bears have been a little distracted. CC will right the ship, cuz one things for sure, he sure doesn't like to lose... Does anyone know if Che is done for the year, I know UCa misses him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:18 pm 
Team Captain

It looked like our Offensive line stayed home. Like Clint said at halftime,
we had no fire the first half and it sure didn't get any better the second half. Our backs are certainly good enough. What I'm waiting to see now is how we respond to this whipping.Senior laden line.....come on guys,let's kick some major ass next Saturday!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:06 pm 
UserName Retired

(note this is just for fun)
My theory on the game is this: Clint Conque decided that he would lose this game because McNeese lost to them and fired their head coach and he heard that his name was on their list to replace him. So he lost this game because he figured that they would not want a coach that lost to the same team they lost to! :lol:

(again that was just a joke)

Seriously, I have nothing to say about the game last night other than the team just did not show up to play football in South Dakota, and I hope that the coach can find the problem and fix it so that the team will show up in California next weeked!! Go Bears!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:10 pm 
All-Conference

i predicted in the chat last night that ross would have a big night. i will not make any predictions the rest of the year.

and as far as the o-line goes, i missed the reason why they made changes. restum moved from center to tackle, and there were, i believe, some early exchange problems on the snaps. any one got the lowdown on that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:47 pm 
UserName Retired

Just a guess, but I'm just thinking the decision wasn't made based on Restum but the guy they chose to move up, meaning that since they had a problem with one or more of the starters they chose the best backup to move into the lineup and shifted the other starters to fix that.

that was probably the longest sentence i've ever written... and i still don't think i explained it well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:00 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
Just a guess, but I'm just thinking the decision wasn't made based on Restum but the guy they chose to move up, meaning that since they had a problem with one or more of the starters they chose the best backup to move into the lineup and shifted the other starters to fix that.

that was probably the longest sentence i've ever written... and i still don't think i explained it well.

Made sense to me :roll: Don't know if it's true or not, but fine penmanship just the same :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:08 pm 
Team Captain

All I can say is WOW.

I got in late after the ASU game and checked the score via Yahoo and thought you had won 20-0 and got up late and had to hustle to make church and came home still thinking you had won until I opened the paper. Negative rushing yards is a shocker.

Post subject: center
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:11 pm 
Practice Squad

as far as i know, there werent any QB/C exchange problems, there was a fumble but it wasnt off of a bad snap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:23 pm 
Practice Squad

bearly legal wrote:
Broderick Franklin not showing up hurt this offense as he was clearly their top recruit at rb this year.

Franklin not showing up was no doubt a disappointment.

But in the absence of strong offensive line blocking, your offensive stats won't look good, no matter how talented the running backs are.

Not even Notre Dame's famous "Four Horsemen" could have run effectively without their "Seven Mules".

It takes 11!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:14 pm 
Practice Squad

The running game will get better next season when Peyton Hillis is toting the rock for UCA...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:47 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Serious about Hillis? I know he can't be too happy with his lack of touches since McFadden/Felix Jones are their work horses. He use to get a bunch of touches his freshman season and really looked like he was going to take off come his sophmore season.

Maybe he can bring that Smith kid with him too, they are both great backs waiting for a turn that may never occur behind that dynamic duo.

Who is Broderick Franklin? What is/was his background before signing with UCA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:06 am 
UserName Retired

UCAMonkey wrote:
Who is Broderick Franklin? What is/was his background before signing with UCA?
He was supposed to be the best RB in our class. One of those - there's no way we should be able to get a talent like this - guys. Apparently we found out why no one else wanted the kid, and it certainly wasn't his high school numbers or skills on the field.

Anyway, he was a no-show on the first day to report. Since then we've moved on with Caesar and Grimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:08 pm 
All-Conference

Hillis=Fullback=No carries in the UCA offense...should get a bunch of receptions though. Or move him to linebacker since most of the top guys are gone after this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:23 pm 
2nd Team

Yogi wrote:
The running game will get better next season when Peyton Hillis is toting the rock for UCA...

This rumor circulated last year as well, I believe Hillis has a cousin who is a walk-on on the scout squad at UCA and he related Hillis' unhappiness from time to time. But isn't Hillis already a junior? And why would he leave where he has a chance to play in postseason bowls for one where he doesn't, hometown or not... he can get to the league doing just what he's doing, scouts know he can block, catch, etc... a Dallas Clark type. :shock: