It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From the practice field
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:15 am 
All-Conference

Aug. 4th 2005 @ 4:45 PM
Well it's that time again. From the practice field you could feel the HEAT ! There was the sounds of the whistles, the voices of the Coaches, and the air was so thick you could cut it with a butter knife. The intensity was running high. The Bears has a long ways to go and a short time to get there. This team will have cohesiveness because Coach Conque is teaching the Bears desipline. If you don't think so, just ask any of the Bears. Arron Farooz has gotten bigger and faster. Mike Norvell shines like a new penny, Ben Faires is faster than greased lighting, and QB Chris Reil is running the offense with authority. The defense is trying hard and working themselves hard. It's to early to tell how this Team will do but one thing is for sure, the Bears will be tough on any given day. I'm satisfied with the progress the Bears are making. Coach Conque is wanting to take this program to the next level with Purple Pride! We as fans need to attend all home games and bring people with you. We need to be faithful no matter what. Thanks for you time and letting me post,

Go, Go, Fight Bears
Papabear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:17 am 
Two-Time All-American

I agree totally...the atmosphere yesterday was just unbelievable! Chris Reil looked really good under center and seems to have worked hard during the offseason. It's going to be a fun year!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:41 pm 
UserName Retired

I notice there's a story by Goff in the newsstandabout PA's Stephen Green.
I also remember when Green was tearing it up in high school. I thought our d-backs were going to be solid already. If he's able to get back into the flow of playing every week, this could be a huge pickup for us.

Good work Goff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:43 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

luckily Green transferred from NC and didn't stay there, or he wouldn't be on my fan favorite list :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:36 pm 
Starter

Stephen Green is at UCA? Wow, that's awesome. I had heard he'd transferred to UAPB instead. Great news for the Bears. I remember when we played him in the playoffs my senior year. He's an incredible player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:40 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

welome aboard BigBear! I had heard green might go to U of A, UAPB or stAte, so this was a big coupe to get him.

Is he eligible yet or has unc-chapel hell sent his paperwork to Conway yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:44 pm 
Starter

Thanks, Bear Fan. For those who frequent Arkansas high school message boards, you may know me as SandLizard04. Sorry it's taken me so long to get on here, Trey. But I'm pretty sure I'll be a more frequent visitor from now on :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:37 pm 
UserName Retired

It's about dang time!

Feel free to comment on the AAA thread, cause I know you know more about it than me.

Post subject: Scrimmage Update
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:46 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

The Bears will hold their only major scrimmage of the fall at 4 p.m. Saturday at Estes Stadium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:48 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

since the 1st scrimmage is come and gone, has Conque actually named Reil the starter? Or is there still a 'competition' between him and Brown for the starter's role? I am obviously assuming Reil will begin the season as the starter and just making sure it is official.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:01 pm 
All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
since the 1st scrimmage is come and gone, has Conque actually named Reil the starter? Or is there still a 'competition' between him and Brown for the starter's role? I am obviously assuming Reil will begin the season as the starter and just making sure it is official.

I had a long visit with Clint Friday while he was filling up with gas at the Bucksnort General Store. He told me that Reil will be the starter, but he said Nathan Brown would see action. He referred to Reil as 1-A and Brown as 1-B.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:10 pm 
Starter

Since Lance transferred, do we now only have two QBs on campus or has someone else joined the team I'm not aware of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:01 pm 
All-Conference

In other words Conque has a short leash on Reil. Once he makes a mistake in a crucial time, Brown will get his shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:24 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

BigBear04 wrote:
Since Lance transferred, do we now only have two QBs on campus or has someone else joined the team I'm not aware of?

as far as I know there are only 2 QBs they are actively working on for the upcoming season. And going over the roster, those are the only 2 listed....good gravy I'm knocking on wood already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:43 pm 
Team Captain

Have faith Bear Fan....Chris and Nathan can get the job done. Chris has always spoken very highly of Nathan and his abilities as a QB. The objective is to win football games, and whoever is placed in that position will be working toward that objective as a team player. I know how competitive my son is and I know he'll do what needs to be done to get the tally in the win column. This being his last year makes him all the more determined. I keep the faith, ya'll....I can't hardly wait to tune in to the game next Thursday. I'm beyond ready for some BEAR football!!! GO BEARS GO!!!

P.S. If you guys get a good look at my boy, let me know how he's looking. Just want to make sure he's eating right and all (Haven't seen him since graduation in December, except for pics posted on Echo Sports Online, God love 'em, but it's hard to tell from action shots!). It's a mother thing, you know?