It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:46 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I only meant knocking on wood hoping no injuries happen to either of them. I don't like not having a 3rd QB, although I'm sure someone can step in/ has played it before.

I have faith in what UCA has QB wise as far as talent goes and one or both getting the job done. It is the numbers game that has me thinking a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:48 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

BTW< your son looks fine from the pics I have seen, articles I have read, and stories I've been told regarding fall camp so far. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:48 am 
All-Conference

That is odd that Coach Conque doesn't have four or five qb's on the roster. He likes to keep a lot of guys that can throw the ball so i figure there is one or two that aren't on the roster. And someone has to run the scout team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:23 am 
UserName Retired

Thiswill answer your question on the #3 QB...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:08 pm 
Team Captain

Thanks, Bear Fan. I talk to him a few times a week, but it's usually during "drive-thru" at some fast food place. He can tell me he's eating right and all and practices are going good, but when I see articles mentioning how he's slimmed down (when he's telling me he needs to put on a few pounds), I wonder. He probably did lose a few pounds during the summer with speed camp and the 2 jobs he was working, not to mention some independent work outs, so I worried that he was taking on too much. Sometimes a mother just needs a little reassurance, you know. It is reassuring to know that they are working McKenzie on 3rd string, as we all know how much an opposing defense likes to pound the QB. From everything I've read about our OL, I get some peace of mind in that area. You can't imagine what it's like listening to the broadcasts when they say he's been hit hard and they go to commercial. It about stops your heart! He has alot of confidence in this team and feels good about the season. I trust his opinion so I keep the faith that this will be a good year for the BEARS. We'll be saying our prayers for Josh that he will recover soon and also for the rest of the Bears and the staff that they will all get through the season in good health and spirit. GO BEARS GO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:08 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

well I'm glad to know we do have an emergency 3rd QB. I know I am getting excited about this season after reading practice reports daily. I too, will be with you qbmom, in listening to most of the games on the net, although I will be at the UT-Martin game and probably the tech game at least.