It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: UCA @ UAB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:29 am 
All-Conference

From what I saw of highlights as well as posts on here, UCA Football is headed in the right direction. I like being in the Top 25 regularly as a program for Football. My wish is that we just continue to remain humble and grow as a better fan base together. UCA Football is great for Conway and exciting to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:33 am 
All-Conference

Ma Bear,you're spot on. I NEVER go into a game thinking the Bears don't have a great chance to win. However, this situation was so difficult that I had a hard time thinking that it would be as competitive as it turned out to be. FBS team with an18 game home win streak,playing on short rest and prep time, sleeping ia a strange bed for a solid week before the game. I'm not sure you could script a more difficult situation for a team to be in and,yet,the Bears were extremely competitive. These guys are full of character, from the coaching staff down to the lowest level of the depth chart. Go Bears !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:57 am 
Team Captain

I listened to Coach Brown on the postgame show, and he said it best: The team was tired. Short turn around. Not in their own beds for a week. Playing a good team. We had an uphill climb for this game. No shame at all in how they played.

Breylin did look a bit unsettled initially but adjusted well. He found himself scrambling a lot. Run game did well considering all. We all have to remember that we had little time to prepare for this team compared to how we normally would prep for our first three games. This team and staff continue to impress by how they prep and perform.

We had our chances and just got beat by the better team. Not much else to say.

Two weeks off to rest, heal up, and get ready to play smash-mouth ball against A-State.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:26 am 
Redshirt

Yeah defense looked tired.

Not a single sack. Did what they want back there.