It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Connelly: My 10 random thoughts heading into the college FB
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:26 am 
2nd Team

7. We're going to see so much of Central Arkansas
On Aug. 13, the Southland Conference officially announced, like many others, that it was postponing its fall sports and exploring spring options. Four of its schools then proceeded to schedule games anyway.

Houston Baptist signed up to play three FBS teams. Abilene Christian scheduled two FBS teams and Division II's West Texas A&M. Stephen F. Austin landed three FBS teams, one FCS and West Texas A&M. And of course, UCA scheduled nine games -- three against FBS foes and six against the FCS. The Bears are playing two games each against Eastern Kentucky (which has itself scheduled eight games) and Missouri State, plus a Trey Lance Showcase game against North Dakota State.

This all makes part of me scream out, "What are we even doing right now?!?!" But another part of me admires the ambition.

These teams are not playing for a national championship or even a conference title, though they potentially could return to do that in the spring. They do stand to make some television money, and to be sure, this is a massive brand-building opportunity, especially for the teams that nearly set up an entire schedule. (You can find a smattering of Division II and III teams playing as well, and without any promise of TV revenue.)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... all-season

Post subject: Re: Connelly: My 10 random thoughts heading into the college
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:19 am 
UserName Retired

Look I get that we are an FCS team.

I get that we aren't on the radar of fans who follow the P5. Most of them don't care we exist let alone are playing.

But I am pretty happy that we took our opportunity to put out our brand and even if it doesn't create more fans for our winning program at least high school kids with college playing ambitions will see they have another choice if they don't make it on Alabama's squad. :lol:

Now we have a few weeks left and anything with this virus can happen but so far our athletics have beat the odds and done something positive for UCA!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:54 pm 
2nd Team

Does not matter what they are saying as long as they get your name right. That is all that matters in "brand" recognition.

Saw a nice article about a player that committed to the Arkansas State University Red Devils.............that you don't want.

What ever makes your name resonate at the national level , no matter what they are saying, sticks in the in minds of recruits and that is all that matters if your are not a P5.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:15 am 
Redshirt

lot of fallout of from SEC that UCA can def benefit from. Maybe Alabama rejects is a bit wishful thinkin.