It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: UCA @ Eastern Kentucky
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:19 pm 
Redshirt

LOL OK gentlemen you learn something every day.
Allante Peapheart..... did indeed graduate HS in 2010 from Henry Ford HS in Detroit where he was named all Conference, all City and team MVP. He played his Freshman ball at MENDOCINO COLLEGE in 2016 where he earned all conference honors that year. Mendocino discontinued football after that season. He then enrolled at Santa Rosa JUCO where he again earned All conference honors as a Sophomore. He then Came to EKU where he played in 12 games last year starting the last game of the season (because of injuries I was told).
Where he was between 2010 and 2016. I have no idea but I am going to ask Coach Johnson or coach Wells the next time I talk to them.
He is indeed in his late 20s. Imagine, with the Covid free year we my indeed have a 30 yr DB next year. :P :P

22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:25 pm 
All-Conference

I got one word in my mind for the colonels. Retribution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:48 am 
Redshirt

Looking for a great game. Knowing more about each other I suspect good adjustments from both teams. Not really sure how you guys came into the game but we were very thin at a couple positions. Mostly offense. Baring something crazy between now and then we should be a lot healthier. Hopefully our QB gets to play both halves.
We have SFA in Richmond this week. Have NO idea what to expect. Another 1st time team. I think I saw where you guys are open. Grrrr, another week to heal and prepare. Wish times were different. This would be a great road trip for fans. Maybe we can make this a regular thing.

22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:31 pm 
UserName Retired

We are thin at OC. Every game.

Which makes me wonder if he called the MoWest game or not.
Saw a game plan that included throwing the ball UPFIELD.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:57 pm 
UserName Retired

FGColonel.........we can sure use an off week to heal............the APU, UAB, NDSU, Arkansas State stretch was brutal for injuries.........everyone has injuries but we seemed to just got hurt in very key positions.......we lose a top DE at NDSU and he is out for the season...........we lose an FCS/AA DB earlier then we got him back last week BUT on the first play from scrimmage lost our playmaker MLB maybe for the season.....with our DBs in better shape next time you see us we should play better on the backend plus some of the younger guys got some great experience in the meantime....I agree that it should be a battle..........PS...........I thought your backup QB was more than pretty good...

BC......Justin said the OC was in the pressbox for the first time with Luke H on the sideline headset...plus apparently Coach B wanted to start totally different with the special plays that did not particularly work but maybe got the defense second guessing what they were seeing....let's hope seeing the field and defense from on high is a difference maker......I do not recall seeing too many SEC OC's on the sideline but then I do not keep count......glad to see we went to LW, Hudson and Enloe downfield more.....Mo Western was pretty good in coverage on sideline routes but could not out-leap our guys or stay with them in a sprint.....EKU wll be more of a challenge......Go Bears!!