It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: UCA to the Atlantic Sun Conference?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:44 pm 
Redshirt

FOOT84 wrote:
Announcement coming soon.....

BPSG

Timeline?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:46 pm 
All-Conference

any time now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:18 am 
All-Conference

Leaving the Southland conference is most likely the best move for UCA. However I wish the Louisiana schools was coming with us. I will miss them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:18 am 
Redshirt

Papabear wrote:
Leaving the Southland conference is most likely the best move for UCA. However I wish the Louisiana schools was coming with us. I will miss them.

Some of them, if not all of them may be involved in the future.....who knows?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:39 pm 
UserName Retired

Hope Lion1983 is right......I think UCA with the LA schools is a good core of a football conference.....the past decade UCA, McNeese, Nicholls and Southeastern especially have earned a lot of FCS respect.....the travel by bus is bearable for all and their hard core fans..........they have certainly had their money issues with the up and downs of the energy business and overall competition for students everywhere (largely a function of money itself)..buts tons of history and tradition and they always seem to have talent...if UALR does move put of Sunbelt (which would not seem likely to me) too bad we would not be ready to step into FBS.....someday maybe but not now.........not looking forward to the travel for our athletes in either the Big South or the A-Sun.....Go Bears and SugarBears!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:54 am 
Redshirt

JRK wrote:
Hope Lion1983 is right......I think UCA with the LA schools is a good core of a football conference.....the past decade UCA, McNeese, Nicholls and Southeastern especially have earned a lot of FCS respect.....the travel by bus is bearable for all and their hard core fans..........they have certainly had their money issues with the up and downs of the energy business and overall competition for students everywhere (largely a function of money itself)..buts tons of history and tradition and they always seem to have talent...if UALR does move put of Sunbelt (which would not seem likely to me) too bad we would not be ready to step into FBS.....someday maybe but not now.........not looking forward to the travel for our athletes in either the Big South or the A-Sun.....Go Bears and SugarBears!!

The travel may not be that bad...

If what I'm hearing is correct, the ASUN will want to go to divisions... north and south.

North would be

UCA, Lipscomb, UNA, Bellarmine, EKU, Liberty

South

JSU, KSU, North Florida, Jacksonville U, Stetson and FGCU...

The Big South could go to divisions as well, it would be at 12 too.

West
UCA, EKU, JSU, KSU, UNA, Gardner Webb

East
Monmouth, RMU, Hampton, NCA&T, Campbell, Charleston Southern

Of course, that would be temporary until the ASUN gets to 14...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:38 am 
All-Conference

I am in total agreement about the Big South having two divisions. Looks like I would get to see different scenery. I'd recommend the Drury hotel in travels. It's reasonably priced, super clean, they feed you breakfast and supper, and very nice folks employed there. Driving is fun but one or two road trips would require flying due to my age. I believe the 2021 football season will recover from the pandemic. I excited about the conference realignment. Also the good things to come in the future for UCA. Go Bears, Papa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:51 am 
Redshirt

Papabear wrote:
I am in total agreement about the Big South having two divisions. Looks like I would get to see different scenery. I'd recommend the Drury hotel in travels. It's reasonably priced, super clean, they feed you breakfast and supper, and very nice folks employed there. Driving is fun but one or two road trips would require flying due to my age. I believe the 2021 football season will recover from the pandemic. I excited about the conference realignment. Also the good things to come in the future for UCA. Go Bears, Papa

I'm excited if this happens as well, UCA used to be one of my go to games for UNA. I haven't been to Conway since I was a kid though, looking forward to getting back.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:14 pm 
All-Conference

Here is my guess on the 2021 football schedule.

Sept. 4th @ Ark. ST
Sept. 11th @ Mo. ST
Sept. 18th UAPB
Sept. 25th OPEN
Oct. 2nd @ UNA
Oct. 9th @ EKU
Oct. 16th Kennesaw ST Univ.
Oct. 23rd Jacksonville ST. Univ
0ct. 30th OPEN
Nov. 6th @ Garner Webb
Nov. 13th @ Charleston Southern
Nov. 20th North Carolina A&T
Nov. 27 th Robert Morris
This is only my guess. What would yours be?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:58 am 
All-Conference

Lots of good information on this discussion....just a guess, I would not be surprised if the announcement does not come until after January 1st. Faculty and staff start returning to UCA on Monday, January 4th. If I am not mistaken, the Board of Trustees would have to vote on this, but I suspect that would just be a formality.

Here is something I thought of during the weekend.....Would UCA begin conference play in all sports in the fall of 2021 or would we have one final year in the SLC before making the full move in 2022 ? Since they have apparently been working on this thing for weeks, I suspect that getting schedules together would be ok with the exception of already scheduled money games.

Thoughts ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:17 am 
All-Conference

Beau wrote:
Lots of good information on this discussion....just a guess, I would not be surprised if the announcement does not come until after January 1st. Faculty and staff start returning to UCA on Monday, January 4th. If I am not mistaken, the Board of Trustees would have to vote on this, but I suspect that would just be a formality.

Here is something I thought of during the weekend.....Would UCA begin conference play in all sports in the fall of 2021 or would we have one final year in the SLC before making the full move in 2022 ? Since they have apparently been working on this thing for weeks, I suspect that getting schedules together would be ok with the exception of already scheduled money games.

Thoughts ?

I would think that if it is announced in January, then it will be this fall. If it's announced in summer, it will be fall of 2022.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:32 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Papabear wrote:

Sept. 4th @ Ark. ST
Sept. 11th @ Mo. ST
Sept. 18th UAPB
Sept. 25th OPEN
Oct. 2nd @ UNA
Oct. 9th @ EKU
0ct. 30th OPEN
Nov. 6th @ Garner Webb
Nov. 27 th Robert Morris

So 4 of the first 5 on the road...
Doesn’t work for me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:40 pm 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Sept. 4th @ Ark. ST
Sept. 11th @ Mo. ST
Sept. 18th UAPB
Sept. 25th OPEN
Oct. 2nd @ UNA
Oct. 9th @ EKU
0ct. 30th OPEN
Nov. 6th @ Garner Webb
Nov. 27 th Robert Morris

So 4 of the first 5 on the road...
Doesn’t work for me

I would say also some getting beat up on early as well. Id like some of those bad later season teams early on for tuning up things.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:38 pm 
All-Conference

That was only guessing. I don't like half of the schedule being on the road. I used to 1 game in Sept. 2 games in Oct. 2 games in Nov. I wish we had more home games. It seems like the Bears suffer injuries from every game. The Bears are the target for every team we play. I don't think the fans of Texas schools are much in favor of the WAC. I could be wrong. I hope we know something soon about our move to the ASUN. Go Bears, Papa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:24 pm 
All-Conference

Mulerider wrote:
Beau wrote:

Thoughts ?

I would think that if it is announced in January, then it will be this fall. If it's announced in summer, it will be fall of 2022.

That would be a reasonable assumption.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next