It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2021 football schedule
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:54 am 
All-Conference

Mulerider wrote:
I have a feeling if everything goes well we could be in full capacity for football this fall...

I hope your right Mulerider....saying it has been a tough year for anything and everything is almost an understatement.

Not crazy about the four game home schedule, but you just have to accept it and move on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:42 pm 
2nd Team

JRK wrote:
Some thoughts on the schedule....

A-State....on road in game 1 vs FBS is pretty much the norm

M-State is worrisome..played them 2x last year..both close.....on the road....although Purple Bears have long played well (or even better than at home) on the road it seems....

Guess we cannot expect any favors from WAC.....get one at home (SHS) and 4 on the road.....

ASUN teams ...one at home and one on the road......glad to get EKU at home......

Tarleton is a wild card....D2 moving up is a challenge but UCA proved not always in 2006.....

Looking at 2019 Sagarin results....admittedly not terribly accurate being two year old data.....would give optimism for a very good season....using that data the outcomes below would be predicted....I think we will be better than two years ago assuming normal stepping up by then underclassmen getting experience...

@A-State ....loss by 10+
@M-State ...win by 9
UAPB...win by 19
SHS...loss by 1....probably another slugfest....Kats will be up for one last win at Conway
@ACU....win by 4.....never easy.....I recall a blowout at Abilene a few years back when we had 7 TOs....
EKU....win by 4..how many new QBs will they pull out of the hat?
@Lamar...win by 15...LU is another wildcard....I never know what to expect
@JSU...win by 4...they have not been their normal Top 15 self the past few years...
SFA....win by 8
@Tarleton........???..one would expect to be favored

That adds up to 8-2.....lots could go awry.....disappointing we only get 4 home games.....would have liked to see UAPB and M-State flipped to get a earlier home game and one more week to recover from the injuries we typically take vs A-State....Go Bears!!

Normally don't attend football games but great nephew is on A-States squad, so agreed to go with family to the UCA and Memphis games.

Both should be fun games to watch for those that like offense.

Like every year for the last decade, A-State should be very explosive on offense, but they are going to be young and/or inexperienced in a few spots on defense-but they have talent there, plus it will be the first game under a new coaching staff.

Any FCS but UCA and they might be caught looking ahead to Memphis the following week. Again should be a fun game for fans.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:26 pm 
Redshirt

Love playing you guys. Two really good, competitive games last year. What UCA fans I met were great. If this Covid thing allows Mrs, FGColonel and I will make the trip to Conway, Maybe meet a few of the UCA posters.

22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:06 am 
UserName Retired

FGColonel wrote:
Love playing you guys. Two really good, competitive games last year. What UCA fans I met were great. If this Covid thing allows Mrs, FGColonel and I will make the trip to Conway, Maybe meet a few of the UCA posters.

I'll make you a deal. If you and the Mrs come to Conway then I'll rent a tailgate spot for the game and set you up with food and drinks and some good football talk. There are a few posters here who have contacted me about tailgating a few times next year. Warning though UCA athletic administration is pathetic at creating a good atmosphere at tailgating and a bunch of Bear fans are also pig fans so they show up after they play. But I would love to meet you and the wife and crank up the party! Win or lose!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:39 pm 
UserName Retired

EKU and UCA look like it can be a pretty good football rivalry...we can help you with questions on Conway and the area.......hope you bring a big crowd.....Little Rock has a few nice sights to see.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:24 am 
Redshirt

JRK wrote:
EKU and UCA look like it can be a pretty good football rivalry...we can help you with questions on Conway and the area.......hope you bring a big crowd.....Little Rock has a few nice sights to see.....

I concur... 100%

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:34 pm 
Redshirt

BearCountry wrote:
FGColonel wrote:

I'll make you a deal. If you and the Mrs come to Conway then I'll rent a tailgate spot for the game and set you up with food and drinks and some good football talk. There are a few posters here who have contacted me about tailgating a few times next year. Warning though UCA athletic administration is pathetic at creating a good atmosphere at tailgating and a bunch of Bear fans are also pig fans so they show up after they play. But I would love to meet you and the wife and crank up the party! Win or lose!

Sounds like fun. I hope we can make it. When times are normal we usually have a pretty good tailgate environment here in Richmond. Hoping things are back to normal by football season. Attendance is usually good early in season, but depending on how we are doing and whether UK is at home it can dwindle as the season progresses. We on our 4th HC in the last 17 years after having Hall of Fame Coach Roy Kidd for 40 years. We are trying to rebuild fan base as well as a consistently winning football team. Before last season we hired former Roy Kidd asst Walt Wells as Head Coach, He is very popular here and did a pretty good job last considering how crazy the year. On a personal note, Wife and I are EKU alums as well as huge fans. I have not missed a home game since I started buying season tickets somewhere around 1980. Maybe we will see you in Oct and can return the favor the following year.

22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles