It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2021 football schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:11 pm 
All-Conference

Hello Bear nation. If my research is correct this is what the 2021 football schedule looks like.
9/4 @ Arkansas stAte
9/11 @ Mo. state
9/18 H UAPB
9/25 H Sam Houston
10/2 @ Abilene Christain
10/16 H Eastern Kentucky
10/23 @ Lamar
10/30 @ Jacksonville state
11/3 H Stephen S. Austin
11/20 @ Tarleton state

My sources is from future FBS schedules. I don't like having only four home games. I am trying to find out if another home game is in the works. What do you all think about this schedule? I am not to fond of it. I know that next season we will play a full ASUN conference schedule. God bless and Go Bears Go!

Post subject: Re: 2021 football schedule
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:25 am 
All-Conference

Papabear wrote:
Hello Bear nation. If my research is correct this is what the 2021 football schedule looks like.
9/4 @ Arkansas stAte
9/11 @ Mo. state
9/18 H UAPB
9/25 H Sam Houston
10/2 @ Abilene Christain
10/16 H Eastern Kentucky
10/23 @ Lamar
10/30 @ Jacksonville state
11/3 H Stephen S. Austin
11/20 @ Tarleton state

My sources is from future FBS schedules. I don't like having only four home games. I am trying to find out if another home game is in the works. What do you all think about this schedule? I am not to fond of it. I know that next season we will play a full ASUN conference schedule. God bless and Go Bears Go!

Only 4 home games? SMH. Glad they are earlier in the season than stacking them only in October and November.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:25 pm 
All-Conference

Sure, you would like to have more than four home games, but when you are transitioning to a new league, a school has to give a little.

The schedule will, most likely, be back in balance in a year or so.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:42 pm 
UserName Retired

Beau wrote:
Sure, you would like to have more than four home games, but when you are transitioning to a new league, a school has to give a little.

Let's see:

2020: 1 home game from August 29th until Oct. 31. That's ONE home game in 8 weeks of play.

2019: One home game from August 29th until Oct. 12th. That's ONE home game in 6 weeks of play.

2018: One home game from August 29th until Oct. 6th. That's one home game in 5 weeks of play.

2017: Good home games starting third week.

2016: Good home games early.

2015: One home game from August 29th until Oct. 17th. That's ONE home game in over 5 weeks of play.

We have become used to getting home games later in the season and lately it's gotten worse for Bear fans. IF you play 11 games then they should alternate between 5 and 6 at home and you would think road games early in the season would swap back over the next year to home games.

Hope the athletic admins figure this out. I'm ready to tailgate in September AT HOME!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:04 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Beau wrote:

Let's see:

2020: 1 home game from August 29th until Oct. 31. That's ONE home game in 8 weeks of play.

2019: One home game from August 29th until Oct. 12th. That's ONE home game in 6 weeks of play.

2018: One home game from August 29th until Oct. 6th. That's one home game in 5 weeks of play.

2017: Good home games starting third week.

2016: Good home games early.

2015: One home game from August 29th until Oct. 17th. That's ONE home game in over 5 weeks of play.

We have become used to getting home games later in the season and lately it's gotten worse for Bear fans. IF you play 11 games then they should alternate between 5 and 6 at home and you would think road games early in the season would swap back over the next year to home games.

Hope the athletic admins figure this out. I'm ready to tailgate in September AT HOME!

First of all, point well taken.....the giving a little comment was kind of sort of in regards when UCA made the move to D-I in 2006 when the Bears played very few home games. I tried to locate that old schedule but couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:50 pm 
UserName Retired

Current winning streaks in home openers:

34: North Dakota (1987-present)
22: North Dakota State (1999-present)
21: Central Arkansas (2000-present)
19: Harvard (2001-present)
18: James Madison (2003-present)
16: Montana (2004-present)
15: McNeese (2005-present)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:50 pm 
UserName Retired

Some thoughts on the schedule....

A-State....on road in game 1 vs FBS is pretty much the norm

M-State is worrisome..played them 2x last year..both close.....on the road....although Purple Bears have long played well (or even better than at home) on the road it seems....

Guess we cannot expect any favors from WAC.....get one at home (SHS) and 4 on the road.....

ASUN teams ...one at home and one on the road......glad to get EKU at home......

Tarleton is a wild card....D2 moving up is a challenge but UCA proved not always in 2006.....

Looking at 2019 Sagarin results....admittedly not terribly accurate being two year old data.....would give optimism for a very good season....using that data the outcomes below would be predicted....I think we will be better than two years ago assuming normal stepping up by then underclassmen getting experience...

@A-State ....loss by 10+
@M-State ...win by 9
UAPB...win by 19
SHS...loss by 1....probably another slugfest....Kats will be up for one last win at Conway
@ACU....win by 4.....never easy.....I recall a blowout at Abilene a few years back when we had 7 TOs....
EKU....win by 4..how many new QBs will they pull out of the hat?
@Lamar...win by 15...LU is another wildcard....I never know what to expect
@JSU...win by 4...they have not been their normal Top 15 self the past few years...
SFA....win by 8
@Tarleton........???..one would expect to be favored

That adds up to 8-2.....lots could go awry.....disappointing we only get 4 home games.....would have liked to see UAPB and M-State flipped to get a earlier home game and one more week to recover from the injuries we typically take vs A-State....Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:57 pm 
All-Conference

I have a feeling the UAPB game will be a sellout. Actually kind of surprised we haven't played there yet. They just got a major renovation. I would think we would beat them by at least 14+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:35 pm 
UserName Retired

We have played at PB in the past.....won the game....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:23 am 
All-Conference

JRK wrote:
We have played at PB in the past.....won the game....

I recall us playing UAPB in Little Rock and winning back when Conque was coaching. We won that game in a driving rain storm. The last time I remember playing on campus was at their place in the old Pumphrey Stadium when Mike Isom was the head coach. It was standing room only and UAPB was coached by Archie 'The Gunslinger" Cooley.

I do not recall the last time UAPB played UCA in Conway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:58 pm 
UserName Retired

I think the game at Pumphrey was 1994 and Bears won in a very low scoring game.......seems like the last time UAPB played in Conway was the year before and the Bears won......Pumphrey was replaced as the football stadium about 20 years ago or so....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:56 am 
Two-Time All-American

JRK wrote:
I think the game at Pumphrey was 1994 and Bears won in a very low scoring game.......seems like the last time UAPB played in Conway was the year before and the Bears won......Pumphrey was replaced as the football stadium about 20 years ago or so....

Talking to a Bear fan about 10 years ago, I made the comment about why
UCA and UAPB don't play one another. His response was he didn't think
that UCA was interested in playing them and went on to say that ...
"especially not at Pine Bluff". He explained that the last time the Bears were
there...UAPB didn't provide any security for the locker room and it was broken
in to and the players lost all their valuables and that UAPB adminstration didn't
seem to care.

Not trying to stirr up trouble...just passing along information.
1994 sounds about right for the time frame without checking the records...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:22 pm 
All-Conference

JRK wrote:

I think your right JRK.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 pm 
UserName Retired

UAPB has been rated so low for many years it does your own rating no good to beat a #255 team.....or worse yet lose it or barely win......they have struggled for sure......we had enough low rated SLC teams in recent years.....I suspect we will see more routine in playing the other D1 Arkansas teams now that uaf has opened up its schedule....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:17 am 
All-Conference

I have a feeling if everything goes well we could be in full capacity for football this fall...