It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: opinion please
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:19 pm 
All-Conference

is it a coincidence that all major sport coaches were assistants that got promoted? baseball has been decent to good lately except for this year, football has been pretty good although i’m not sold on nathan brown yet and some of the same mistakes seem to continue to happen. basketball is a black hole of sadness.

not sure if a good argument can be made that we are doing all that we can to engage alumni and fans. refusing alumni help and volunteerism is dumbfounding...

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:24 am 
All-Conference

huggy_bear wrote:
is it a coincidence that all major sport coaches were assistants that got promoted? baseball has been decent to good lately except for this year, football has been pretty good although i’m not sold on nathan brown yet and some of the same mistakes seem to continue to happen. basketball is a black hole of sadness.

not sure if a good argument can be made that we are doing all that we can to engage alumni and fans. refusing alumni help and volunteerism is dumbfounding...

Huggy, you bring up some EXCELLENT points.

You are absolutely right on, most all, of the head coaches being promoted up from assistants. I can only recall two exceptions to this. Sandra Rushing was brought in for womens basketball from Delta State and Russ Pennell was brought in after he was fired at Grand Canyon. Heck, Teague even told people he had a search committee in place on the Pennell hiring when in fact, the committee was made up of two or three Purple Circle members. That was nothing but a rubber stamp job.

I have stated this a number of times on here that most of our athletic teams have seen some success with the exception of one. Black hole of sadness is a GREAT way to describe the mens program. Just terrible sad.

Regarding your statement on alumni and fans....I just don't know, but your right to refuse assistance is, in fact, dumbfounding.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:21 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Unlike Faulkner County, there are no dry parishes
in Louisiana. La Tech and Mcneese sell beer inside
the stadium and the tailgate parties are sponsored
by Beer distributors. Alcohol is in abundance and is
Part of the culture. Can’t do this in Conway...
They also sell 50-50 tickets before the game with the
Winning ticket getting half the money and the other
Half goes to support other athletic teams. Can’t
Do that in Conway either. Both these help attendance
Especially if you draw the 50-50 at the end of the
3rd qtr

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:46 pm 
UserName Retired

I've attended high school football games in other counties and they sell 50/50 tickets... :lol:

Dear UCA.....please keep up... :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:27 am 
All-Conference

the lack of alcoholic sales doesn’t prevent creative solutions to get the atmosphere better. getting local bands, holding baggo tournaments, doing kid themed events each home game, etc. isn’t precluded because alcohol isn’t part of the culture.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:21 pm 
All-Conference

huggy_bear wrote:
the lack of alcoholic sales doesn’t prevent creative solutions to get the atmosphere better. getting local bands, holding baggo tournaments, doing kid themed events each home game, etc. isn’t precluded because alcohol isn’t part of the culture.

+1.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:59 pm 
Starter

FCS national championship hands down.
Hope all’s well with you & yours Foot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:16 am 
All-Conference

I am ready for Bear ball.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:58 am 
Two-Time All-American

Mulerider wrote:
huggy_bear wrote:

+1.

Someone had mentioned the tailgating at La. Tech and Mcneese as being
better than at UCA...I was only providing info as to what they do.

Local bands would be good and having activities for young kids as well.
But one thing that drives me nutts is the damn bounce houses and the kid
zone in the south endzone...UCA is D1 for crying out loud and I don't think
that they should be BABY SITTING especially inside the stadium during the game.

I have never seen this anywhere, including high schools.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:00 pm 
Two-Time All-American

TBearDad wrote:
FCS national championship hands down.
Hope all’s well with you & yours Foot

All is good...how's my buddy Davis?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:55 pm 
Starter

He’s 32 now & doing great. We hope to get up to Conway for a game this fall. Thanks for asking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:59 pm 
UserName Retired

FOOT84 wrote:
Mulerider wrote:
huggy_bear wrote:

+1.

Someone had mentioned the tailgating at La. Tech and Mcneese as being
better than at UCA...I was only providing info as to what they do.

Local bands would be good and having activities for young kids as well.
But one thing that drives me nutts is the damn bounce houses and the kid
zone in the south endzone...UCA is D1 for crying out loud and I don't think
that they should be BABY SITTING especially inside the stadium during the game.

I have never seen this anywhere, including high schools.

Thank you! That's part of the problem! It's like our athletic staff has no clue on HOW to tailgate and provide an atmosphere on game day. I only suggested La. Tech and McNeese because they create the environment that is fan driven and enjoyable. Sure alchy is part of it...but there just seems to be more of a welcoming atmosphere at those games. I mean UCA requires fans to breakdown and put away tailgating stuff at certain times and opens the ONE SINGLE ROAD through tailgating....how ridiculous. UGH. Tailgating should be an EXPERIENCE...not a timed event.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:31 pm 
All-Conference

Since Bruce Street is a city street I suspect the university had to do a deal with the city on how quickly they could open it back up on game day.

Something I would love to see but I don't know if it is feasible is have the university to petition the city to close Bruce Street from Donaghey Avenue to Farris Road. This would take care of the tailgating issue mentioned earlier and also could potentially make a mall type of atmosphere for the campus. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 am 
All-Conference

Beau wrote:
Since Bruce Street is a city street I suspect the university had to do a deal with the city on how quickly they could open it back up on game day.

Something I would love to see but I don't know if it is feasible is have the university to petition the city to close Bruce Street from Donaghey Avenue to Farris Road. This would take care of the tailgating issue mentioned earlier and also could potentially make a mall type of atmosphere for the campus. Just a thought.

It's already closed each game day?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:58 pm 
All-Conference

Mulerider wrote:
Beau wrote:

It's already closed each game day?

Sorry Mulerider.....I was not very clear. What I should have said is that I wish they would close Bruce Street from Donaghey to Farris Road, permanently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next