All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2021 Football
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:33 pm 
UserName Retired

2021 Schedule (all games on Saturday)

9/4: @Arkansas State, TBA
9/11: @Missouri State, TBA
9/18: UAPB, 6pm
9/25: Sam Houston State, 4pm (Family Day/Band Day)
10/2: @Abilene Christian, TBA
10/9: Open
10/16: Eastern Kentucky, 4pm (Hall of Fame Game)
10/23: @Lamar, TBA
10/30: @Jacksonville State, TBA
11/6: Texas Wesleyan, 4pm (Homecoming)
11/13: Stephen F Austin, 4pm (Senior Day/Military Appreciation Day)
11/20: @Tarleton State, TBA

Tough schedule..transition years always seem to have scheduling oddities....

A-State: An off year at 4-7 with a big win @Kansas State but uncharacteristic lopsided losses to co-champ Coastal Carolina, App State and Troy.....they did have a big win over the Bears

Missouri State: 0-3 in the weird fall season with losses to Oklahoma and UCA....then 5-2 in the spring season with a losses to NDSU and a playoff loss to North Dakota

UAPB: 4-1..best record in a long time......

SHS: Defending Southland and FCS champion

ACU: 1-5 record but with road losses to UTEP, Army and Virginia...an T loss to SFA..a loss to D2 Angelo State....tough year...win over Mercer from Southern Conference....

EKU: 3-6...split home and home with UCA...road losses to Marshall, West Virginia and Troy but a home loss to SFA

Lamar: 2-4 but a road win over McNeese

Jacksonville State: Strong 10-3 record with losses to Florida State and Austin Peay and FCS playoff round 2 loss to #5 Delaware....

Texas Wesleyan: 1-1 with all other games cancelled

SFA: Solid 6-4....losses all on road to UTEP, UTSA, SMU and Memphis

Tarleton State: Solid 5-3 record in spring season.....mixed D2 and D1 schedule....double OT home loss to McNeese....road win at New Mexico State...

Post subject: Re: 2021 Football
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:44 am 
2nd Team

People, especially in the less developed red states, act like COVID did not happen. It did, and neither Memphis or A-State were the same teams after their game. A-State was devastated in the trenches.

Without COVID A-State would have won their normal seven or so games and made their tenth bowl game.

While they return almost all their talented 2020 roster, they have added over fifty new players. Included in those newbies are arguably the most talented group of transfers of any G5, and among the best of any FBS team.

Also upgraded their coaching staff.

Their 2021 roster should be far and away the most talented roster of players they have had in the decade of success, that was only interrupted by the COVID.

They get to open at home against UCA and Memphis, also two talented teams. Both should be a good games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am 
UserName Retired

Seminole Indian wrote:
People, especially in the less developed red states, act like COVID did not happen.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:57 pm 
2nd Team

Sorry about that but my wife has been on me for years about not being considerate of my audience.

She is in education and she reminded me that a book at an eighth level is above the heads of about half the adults in America.

I assumed for the most part that readers here probably have some college , but as the Trump era has proven don't assume anything. My bad.

College educated people are for the most part more Liberal, so if I offended anyone my apologies. My advice is get an education, then you will not be offended, because liberal really means educated. Don't be ashamed of being educated, even if you are outnumbered in these less developed red states.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:47 pm 
UserName Retired

Wait. I nearly have my doctorate. (Graduation in December.)
I’m educated.
I got a 34 on the ACT reading section and my undergrad degree was in English.
I’ve written for the media in many forms.
Do I qualify?

Either way drop your political rant or kindly go away.
This is a football thread.
Please contribute with an inclination to that aspect.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:19 am 
2nd Team

Congratulations on your accomplishments, we need more like you, but maybe with a little more science.

The bulk of my post like all my post is football related, and it is unfortunate that the response to COVID contributed to it impacting our lives far more than it should, including college football.

While I have a degree in math-i know, like business, accounting, nursing, etc. nothing more than a glorified Votech degree, I also have a BA and MA in Political Science, so might be harder for me to follow your advice.

I Moderate a forum on a Razorback message board, with the focus on A-State, UCA, UALR, and UAPB, but will remove the link to this site- I'm pretty old so out of sight out of mind, and use UCA's official site as my source.

Best of luck to the Bears and I look forward to seeing your talented team in Jonesboro this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:32 am 
All-Conference

JRK wrote:
2021 Schedule (all games on Saturday)

9/4: @Arkansas State, TBA
9/11: @Missouri State, TBA
9/18: UAPB, 6pm
9/25: Sam Houston State, 4pm (Family Day/Band Day)
10/2: @Abilene Christian, TBA
10/9: Open
10/16: Eastern Kentucky, 4pm (Hall of Fame Game)
10/23: @Lamar, TBA
10/30: @Jacksonville State, TBA
11/6: Texas Wesleyan, 4pm (Homecoming)
11/13: Stephen F Austin, 4pm (Senior Day/Military Appreciation Day)
11/20: @Tarleton State, TBA

Tough schedule..transition years always seem to have scheduling oddities....

A-State: An off year at 4-7 with a big win @Kansas State but uncharacteristic lopsided losses to co-champ Coastal Carolina, App State and Troy.....they did have a big win over the Bears

Missouri State: 0-3 in the weird fall season with losses to Oklahoma and UCA....then 5-2 in the spring season with a losses to NDSU and a playoff loss to North Dakota

UAPB: 4-1..best record in a long time......

SHS: Defending Southland and FCS champion

ACU: 1-5 record but with road losses to UTEP, Army and Virginia...an T loss to SFA..a loss to D2 Angelo State....tough year...win over Mercer from Southern Conference....

EKU: 3-6...split home and home with UCA...road losses to Marshall, West Virginia and Troy but a home loss to SFA

Lamar: 2-4 but a road win over McNeese

Jacksonville State: Strong 10-3 record with losses to Florida State and Austin Peay and FCS playoff round 2 loss to #5 Delaware....

Texas Wesleyan: 1-1 with all other games cancelled

SFA: Solid 6-4....losses all on road to UTEP, UTSA, SMU and Memphis

Tarleton State: Solid 5-3 record in spring season.....mixed D2 and D1 schedule....double OT home loss to McNeese....road win at New Mexico State...

I am really excited about this years schedule. I can easily see home wins with UAPB, and Stephen F Austin. As well as probable wins against Sam Houston and Eastern Kentucky. There should be some records broken on all aspects against Texas Wesleyan. Could probably let second string play the whole game and still win pretty decently. Very tough first two games on the road. Should be in prime time playing when playing Sam Houston.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am 
All-Conference

Seminole Indian post makes me feel like I'm disqualified to be on this site. It's true that I'm not educated. I do have degree's from Petite Jean Vocational School. I did not have the ability to obtain a college education. If you have a college education then you have a gift from God. I'm am tied in the UCA family by marriage. As a fan I feel discouraged. I am sorry that this post does not fit in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:56 pm 
All-Conference

Papabear wrote:
Seminole Indian post makes me feel like I'm disqualified to be on this site. It's true that I'm not educated. I do have degree's from Petite Jean Vocational School. I did not have the ability to obtain a college education. If you have a college education then you have a gift from God. I'm am tied in the UCA family by marriage. As a fan I feel discouraged. I am sorry that this post does not fit in this thread.

Papa Bear, it is known by those that follow this board that you are a strong UCA supporter and the comment that you are “tied to the UCA family” is a testament to your commitment. Thanks for being a fan all these years. We need many more like you.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:00 pm 
All-Conference

Thanks that means a lot from you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:30 am 
Two-Time All-American

xbear83 wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papa Bear, it is known by those that follow this board that you are a strong UCA supporter and the comment that you are “tied to the UCA family” is a testament to your commitment. Thanks for being a fan all these years. We need many more like you.

I agree papa... don’t be offended by those people who look down on others.
The idea that only liberals are educated makes me chuckle.
Don’t pay attention to that guy. Anyone who’s a administrator on a hog board
is full of arrogance and self promotion. I think the
proper term would be Megalomaniac.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:58 pm 
UserName Retired

Hats off to Bear Country on the doctorate.....I have a child that is an English undergrad and two advanced degrees and on the faculty at a major P5 university....lots of work and dedication to get to that point...she regularly reminds me that English majors can excel at any subject because they can read, comprehend and think critically while we business majors are pre-humans who are limited to 10 fingers and 10 toes (not sure she means to insult pre-humans) ...at least she is a pretty good football fan....

On the other hand, one of the very best business leaders I worked with in my career had only a high school degree from a small north Arkansas high school.....among the best in his era and industry....my grandfather was not able to finish high school (had to go to work to support the family) but became one of the best master machinists for a major railroad and could fix anything...a cousin graduated from a small high school in south Arkansas, joined the Women Army Corps in WW2, became an aerial photographer in a PBY chasing German subs in the Atlantic and made a living as a aerial photographer including many San Fran Bay pics we have all seen on calendars, etc....what exactly is "education"?

Will Rogers was fond of saying that when the Okies (or I might add, the Arkies) moved to California they raised the IQ of both states...

As to football.....I am anxious to see the Bears play this season.....this has to be one of the toughest schedules ever so we better be ready from the first play and get better every game...if we start off rushing for 40 yards that will not be good....no doubt A-State will be back to their solid self this season.....

Any scouting reports on our opponents?

Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:25 am 
Redshirt

Hi guys, I'm hoping you have an awesome season except for the night you play the Redwolves.

You guys need to understand a few things about Seminole Indian. About half the posters on our board have him on ignore. He is a passionate fan who claims he is not. He's not stupid, but you would not know that at times. He beats dead horses a lot. He is usually pretty on par with his information, but it may be skewed somewhat. I don't think he is a bad dude but he infuriates people at times. Some on our board like to argue with him and I think he loves it.

By the way, I'm conservative and educated. Liberal can also mean brainwashed to a degree. If you don't argue with him he will move on. Please accept our apologies for Seminole Indian. Again, have a great year on the gridiron!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:36 pm 
UserName Retired

Red wrote:
Hi guys, I'm hoping you have an awesome season except for the night you play the Redwolves.

You guys need to understand a few things about Seminole Indian. About half the posters on our board have him on ignore. He is a passionate fan who claims he is not. He's not stupid, but you would not know that at times. He beats dead horses a lot. He is usually pretty on par with his information, but it may be skewed somewhat. I don't think he is a bad dude but he infuriates people at times. Some on our board like to argue with him and I think he loves it.

By the way, I'm conservative and educated. Liberal can also mean brainwashed to a degree. If you don't argue with him he will move on. Please accept our apologies for Seminole Indian. Again, have a great year on the gridiron!

I just figured if anyone makes generalizations of people based on their education or lack thereof then THAT is a pretty ignorant thing to do IMO. We try to keep politics out of this board...as it is named FOOTBALL...we try to keep it at that.

As for the game this year at ASU, I've heard you guys are loading up and it will be a TOUGH game. I look forward to it again this year. An FCS team vs an FBS team only wins 10% of the time in the best years. Lately though there have been less and less FCS over FBS wins. So I'm going with the view of a fun day of tailgating, watching football, and spending time with the family. Go Bears!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 pm 
UserName Retired

Hope RWs have a great season..helps our rankings whether we win or lose..on the other the hand, it will really help when we win again this fall!! Someday I plan to get to a game in Jboro...Go Bears!!