It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Something has to change!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:44 am 
Redshirt

The positivity is great and all but this looked like same old same old. Quarterback not tucking and running , not tucking and running when he should a d forcing balls into double coverage, not taking advantage of the speed RB , and Defensive back situation!!Explain to how we have 12 Corners but only 4 played and got torched ( twice for 2 td’s using the same dang play!!! Coaches have to be held just as much accountable as players!!!!

Post subject: Re: Something has to change!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:03 am 
Practice Squad

Oline need to give the quarterback Breylin time enough to throw! Layne Hatcher not once had to tuck and run because hus O-line gave him the time! Yes it is the same old same old not protecting Breylin ! Also really missing Rochell on defense! Tell me why would you put your starting QB in the game with one minute left and you are trailing by 20 pts? Breylin took some licks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:13 am 
Team Captain

Ma Bear wrote:
Oline need to give the quarterback Breylin time enough to throw! Layne Hatcher not once had to tuck and run because hus O-line gave him the time! Yes it is the same old same old not protecting Breylin ! Also really missing Rochell on defense! Tell me why would you put your starting QB in the game with one minute left and you are trailing by 20 pts? Breylin took some licks!

I was just coming here to say this (and put it in my recap in the ASU thread).

Pass defense was not good. When we gave Breylin time, he made the throws and our stud WR’s made plays.

Pass protection, secondary play, and running game are the three keys for us after game one. Next week will tell us a lot as far as how we’ll stack up against our FCS opponents. Petrino will have his team ready to go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:45 am 
Practice Squad

EXACTLY!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:50 pm 
All-Conference

OK here is my two cents worth for what it matters. When the red wolves stack 8 in the box on the line of scrimmage you don't run the ball up the middle and expect good results. There was no push in the o-line or any pass protection. There is enough blame to go around. My main concern is the coaching. If you think the Southland is tough, wait till we get into the A-SUN. Something has got to change. I will not go any further with my two cents worth.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:44 pm 
2nd Team

My 2 cents, your team could beat a lot of FBS teams, and the best is yet to come for your program. Enjoy the ride.