It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SHSU
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:39 am 
UserName Retired

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It isn't the players. It's the plays!

On critical 3rd downs our WRs and our QB were on different pages. Passes thrown one way and WRs not even looking for a pass or running the opposite direction.

I sat next to a Sam fan and he and I were talking out the play calling. He was shocked that we were still calling the same plays we had done for YEARS.
Pass to the sideline. NO gain or loss.
Run to the sideline. No gain or loss.
Bubble screen.

Dude was totally impressed with Breylin and Tyler Hudson.
But his thoughts were that UCA has the talent, but it's swimming in a stagnant pool of play calling. Their defense didn't need to do much.

Now I had to let him know some of those passes Sam did looked almost impossible to catch but when you have a player like Ezzard (who only had 3 catches) those are made. IF our offense was similar to theirs, because we do have the players to make it that way, then this game might have gone UCA's way. But we can't wait to start scoring until the second half. Our defensive line is doing the best they can to hold par but eventually those WRs will come open on our DBs. If we can't hold them to a low score on offense then we BETTER start scoring more....and earlier. This has been a curse it seems like for years. IF we can change that one aspect, our defense will get more rest and our offense will look fantastic.

Post subject: Re: SHSU
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:11 pm 
UserName Retired

https://ucasports.com/news/2021/9/27/football-hudson-earns-asun-offensive-award.aspx

At least something good came out of the game for UCA...another well-deserved honor for Tyler....

CONWAY, Ark. _ University of Central Arkansas' Tyler Hudson was named the ASUN Offensive Player of the week on Monday after UCA's game with Sam Houston on Saturday.

Hudson, a sophomore wide receiver from Spring, Texas, caught 11 passes for a career-high 181 yards and a pair of touchdowns in UCA's loss to No. 1 Sam Houston. Hudson had touchdown receptions of 5 and 34 yards to give him four on the season.

Hudson, who earned his second award of the season, is the seventh UCA player to receive an ASUN weekly honor through four games.

Hudson, an 6-foot-2, 195-pound All-American who played at Klein Oak High School, is No. 2 in the nation in receiving yards with 488 through four games. He is also tied for seventh in receiving touchdowns.

For his career, Hudson has 131 receptions (ninth in UCA history) for 2,321 yards (seventh in UCA history). His 23 receiving touchdowns ranks fourth all time.