It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfer Portal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:10 pm 
UserName Retired

WTF is going on????????????????????????

Why are we losing Hudson????????????

This is ridiculous. :evil:
These coaches have got to get control of this. This pisses me off so bad... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:04 pm 
UserName Retired

Disappointed if this really leads to him transferring. However, until the NCAA puts some guardrails over this mess this has literally invited players to transfer. This happening all over the country. Georgia Tech just lost their junior to be stud RB to ..who else...Alabama. We are not alone. He entered the portal on 11/19/21 and within three weeks was announced as going to Bama.

This will only get worse as the NIL scheme plays out.....couple ease of transferring with money inducements and top players will move routinely.

On the other hand, if Tyler gets to a bigger name program that enhances his NFL draft profile, I cannot blame him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:08 pm 
Redshirt

JRK wrote:
Disappointed if this really leads to him transferring. However, until the NCAA puts some guardrails over this mess this has literally invited players to transfer. This happening all over the country. Georgia Tech just lost their junior to be stud RB to ..who else...Alabama. We are not alone. He entered the portal on 11/19/21 and within three weeks was announced as going to Bama.

This will only get worse as the NIL scheme plays out.....couple ease of transferring with money inducements and top players will move routinely.

On the other hand, if Tyler gets to a bigger name program that enhances his NFL draft profile, I cannot blame him.

SO YOU THINK ITS A PLAYER PROBLEM, AND I SEE YOU ARE STILL ROOTING FOR TYLER & THATS AWESOME,BUUUTTTT I SAID THIS MONTHS AGO THIS WAS A COACHING PROBLEM!!!!! And not by Coach Brown but by his new hires, the new New Defensive backs coach and the 6-6 Defensive corordinator where flat terrible at their jobs !!! Period !!! And I tried to tell everyone The coaches that left were Elite and I have it on good authority that not only were these coaches bad at what they do but they were GRADE A JERKS!!!! In todays football where your kids can leave you have to be great at your job as a coach and clearly they were HOT DUMPSTER JUICE and it reflects in the the amount of transfers and don’t be surprised when there is more to come. If you really love this program You may want to demand answers bc this was the most loaded returning team in UCA history and they went 5-6 , doesn’t matter how close they games where the slim margins let you know it was coaching !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:32 pm 
Starter

a good read...
https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/ar ... en-forget/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:16 pm 
UserName Retired

bearfangrrr wrote:

Well I get the gist of that article it was hog heavy info.

I will say this about one of the paragraphs:

Quote:
Consider the weight (aka: money) playing for the Natural State’s flagship university could yield. Arkansas is home to Walmart, Tyson Foods, J.B. Hunt and Stephens, just to name the big dogs. All of those have some connection to the University of Arkansas. The Northwest Arkansas region includes almost 600,000 people and continues to sky-rocket in its growth, as anyone who has driven on I-49 in rush hour can attest. NIL deal opportunities abound for Razorbacks players.

Actually they don't. Walmart and Tyson aren't in the market to give money to athletes. It's a rich business area that the business won't support the athletes. Sure they'll put money into the facilities and such....but I haven't heard of a walmart spokesman from the football team yet. I worked retail for nearly 2 decades....our budget and interests never went that way. Our spokespeople were animals and inanimate objects. Cheap hires. No. I don't think Walmart or Tyson will load up on athletes. But they could prove me wrong if they could figure out how it would benefit them....that would mean they understand the NIL guidelines...and I really don't think an industry that can't get it store shelf prices right and has automated its checkout people really care about giving up a penny to an athlete.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:34 pm 
All-Conference

businesses that are registered boosters can’t do NIL deals…at least that’s rules. if they are followed that’s another story.

i think brown is simply in over his head and i don’t see next year being much better than .500. honestly, there were a lot of fortunate bounces in 2019 and the cracks are starting to show now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 am 
All-Conference

These Bears who are leaving will always be a Bear no matter what. I don't blame anybody for doing better for themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:04 pm 
Team Captain

Hudson to Louisville

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 am 
UserName Retired

I hate that all these kids are transferring, but several of them are simply trying to improve their draft stock for the future as FBS teams get a lot more NFL love than FCS teams.

As for the coaches, I can't speak to that. I do feel that something is going on because as Bearfan903 said this past season our team was loaded and ended up with one of the worst seasons in recent memory. Something has to give! Not sure Brown is in over his head or just not hiring the right coaches.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:07 pm 
UserName Retired

Not sure why these kids are entering the transfer portal but the coaches are doing something right. Look at the recruiting class. All of them wanted to be be Bears! All are talented and ready to go!

3 Star Travelle Anderson (not sure if he signed but committed)
3 Star Jack Struebing- IOL
3 Star Mark Welch- OL
3 Star Tyler Siddons- OL/ TE
3 Star Nnamdi Adim-Madumere WR
3 Star Detravion Green S
3 Star Trustin Oliver S
2 Star Jack Green IOL

Manny Smith- WR out of Conway High. If you saw him play you know he CREATES plays.

Plus all the rest of that talented recruiting class.

My point is we are doing GREAT in recruiting. Now we got to do something that makes the players feel like they WANT to stay all 4 years...or 7 years...or however many the NCAA gives them these days...LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:26 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Hate to see Hudson leaving…He will be hard to replace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:51 pm 
UserName Retired

Really will miss watching Tyler in the P&G.....can someone explain to me why D1 teams don't do a better job of preparing backup QBs? We are not alone in that....I can understand it is very hard it is to have two QBs ready at a very high level of play (although A-State has beat us a couple times with multiple QBs who played well and EKU wore us out the last two years with multiple QBs)....but the #2 backup should be ready to go in at a moments notice and run most of the playbook competently....we have 3 deep O-line who get to play....but not QBs...we are in good company here as most P5 teams do not have ready to go backups either...

Agree we have had very talented classes in recent years.....just ask any Rogers Mountie what they think of Manny Smith.... not sure they ever tackled him....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:22 pm 
Team Captain

John David White is transferring in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:30 pm 
UserName Retired

gobears14 wrote:
John David White is transferring in

Nice! He will fit in GREAT as a UCA Bear! Very talented WR and a family lineage of football in the state.

Welcome JDW! =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:34 pm 
UserName Retired

I know it's not the transfer portal, but

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next