It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UCA to FBS??
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:54 am 
Redshirt

Per Mid-Major beat writer, Matt Brown of "Extra Points Newsletter" and D1Ticker.com

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/the-lates ... -and-more/

"Officials at WAC, Southland and ASUN institutions, as well as conference offices, confirmed to me that low-level conversations have been had about additional ways the three leagues can work together. One idea that had been discussed would be to find ways to facilitate allowing any of their interested members to pursue FBS membership immediately, while maintaining membership in their current conferences for the rest of their sports. Those institutions would then enter into a scheduling agreement, seek to secure bowl invites, etc..."

"Finding a way to simply say, let EKU, Central Arkansas, Tarleton State and Kennesaw jump to FBS now, ask for forgiveness instead of permission, and figure out the rest of the bylaw stuff later, could end up being a potential option down the line."

Post subject: Re: UCA to FBS??
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:49 pm 
All-Conference

I don't think UCA will jump to the FBS. We don't have the fan base. The rules are you must have a attendance of 15,000 people at the games. The stadium must seat 20,000 thousand people. Then comes money for such an event. UCA does not have the means to move up to the FBS. I am only being realistic. Looks like UCA may be moving to the Great American Conference.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:18 pm 
UserName Retired

Great American Conference? Division II?

No. We'll stay division I thank you. =D>

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:10 pm 
All-Conference

Don't get me wrong because I like to see the Bears be a power five team. What I am saying is we don't have the means to be a FBS team right now unless somebody knows something I don't.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 8:45 pm 
All-Conference

Papabear wrote:
I don't think UCA will jump to the FBS. We don't have the fan base. The rules are you must have a attendance of 15,000 people at the games. The stadium must seat 20,000 thousand people. Then comes money for such an event. UCA does not have the means to move up to the FBS. I am only being realistic. Looks like UCA may be moving to the Great American Conference.

I`m not 100% sure but i think both of those numbers may have been modified in recent years for easier acceptance to FBS. Yes both were accurate back in the early 2000`s but (I think) I have either heard or read where they have been modified. Let me also say if all the Bear Alums over the years that have given their allegiance to the piggies would show back up for the Bears those numbers would be easy to hit anyway. Thats a pipedream though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13 pm 
UserName Retired

https://www.ncaa.org/documents/2021/2/10/Football_Bowl_Subqa_12_8_14.pdf

FBS membership requirements per NCAA website as of today.....of course, the NCAA can make exceptions at will....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:14 pm 
UserName Retired

https://www.ncaa.org/documents/2021/2/10/Football_Bowl_Subqa_12_8_14.pdf

FBS membership requirements per NCAA website as of today.....of course, the NCAA can make exceptions at will....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:34 am 
2nd Team

Uca does have a ways to go for fbs, but I’m happy with the direction the program is heading. Playing solid pre-season opponents. I predict standing room only when Petrino comes to town with the number 4 ranked team in the fcs to start the season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:41 pm 
All-Conference

PurpleHaze wrote:
Uca does have a ways to go for fbs, but I’m happy with the direction the program is heading. Playing solid pre-season opponents. I predict standing room only when Petrino comes to town with the number 4 ranked team in the fcs to start the season.

Only bad thing... It's on a Thursday I beleive...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:50 pm 
2nd Team

Yeah that could be true. I’m hoping people want an early taste of college football and will come out. I know I’m ready.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:43 pm 
All-Conference

Think school starts August 24th and I believe there’s a concert before this game. Thursday night September 1, against Missouri State, will create a great student and fan experience.
Hoping for a huge turnout. The Bears will need all the support they can get as MSU will be tough.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:39 pm 
Redshirt

Sunbelt would be ideal IMO... but football stadium would probably have to add 15k seats for NCAA rules