It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fall Camp Starting This Week
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:04 pm 
2nd Team

Fall camp for the Bears kicks off this week - meetings Monday night and practice starting Tuesday morning. Going to try and catch some ball this week; if anyone is planning on going as well, let me know!

Post subject: Re: Fall Camp Starting This Week
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:42 pm 
UserName Retired

I’ll check out some of it for sure!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:09 am 
UserName Retired

TWO-WEEK PRACTICE SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, Aug. 2 - 9 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 3 - 9 a.m.
Thursday, Aug. 4 - 9 a.m.
Friday, Aug. 5 - 9 a.m.
Saturday, Aug. 6 - 9 a.m.
Sunday, Aug. 7 - 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 8 - 9 a.m. (shells)
Tuesday, Aug. 9 - 9 a.m. (full, half scrimmage)
Wednesday, Aug. 10 - Off
Thursday, Aug. 11 - 9 a.m. (shells)
Friday, Aug. 12 - 9 a.m. (shells)
Saturday, Aug. 13 - 9 a.m. (full, scrimmage)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:47 pm 
All-Conference

!st practice today at 9 A.M. It was HOT! The Bears got lots of water breaks. There was excitement all over the practice field. There is a different kind of feel with this team. Half of it is players from the transfer porthole. #2 QB Will Mcelvain is good. He gets the ball off quick on his passes. Also has great form and arm. #17 Clifton Mcdowell is very elusive. He causes missed tackles and is lighting fast. He can also pass as well. It's hard to talk about the defense but as time goes on, they will develop. Coach kitchens will have them ready. Pass receivers was doing great. O'line ? we will have to wait. They are a spirited bunch. The Bears are in for more oppressive heat and more plays added to practice. The Bears had fun today but tomorrow is going to be harder. As the practices go by and by, the intensity level is going to rise and rise. Be back tomorrow, and Gooooo BEARS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:59 pm 
All-Conference

More high-flying action. Again, it was hot and cooling fans was brought out for the Bears. More of the playbook was introduced, and different drills. Tomorrow they will be in pads and that will be interesting. I am concerned about this team being new because of so many new faces. It's hard to know anything yet until the Bears start making contact during plays and knowing the playbook. I will just have to hang around and observe what goes on. Go Bears.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:23 am 
UserName Retired

What time do you get there PapaBear? I was out there today and you were nowhere to be seen! Hope you are alright! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:30 pm 
All-Conference

Oh yes, I was there this morning. The enthusiasm was out the roof. Yesterday the receivers could not catch covid. Today they owned a lot of catches. The defensive backfield was having a good day. The D-line had their hands full with QB Mcelvain. He caused a missed direction under pressure and took it all the way to the house. QB McDowell is coming along fine. We could have a dual threat here. Running backs had a good day. It was a good day for our Bears. I will not be there tomorrow. Will be back on the field ASAP. Go Bears Go

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:12 pm 
All-Conference

Another hot day and this time it was on the stripes. Lots of game like situation for the offense and defense. These Bears was giving it their all. Lots of mistakes which is typical for this time of the year. The Bears will gel and get better with time. There is some positives, receivers catching balls. QB's shows lots of promise, and the OL is coming along nicely. Lots of good talent on this team. We as fans need not to let this team down. We need to show up and fill the stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:09 pm 
Redshirt

Thanks for the info PB.....Keep it coming

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:44 pm 
All-Conference

Thank you 901. I didn't get to attend practice today due to a VA hospital appointment. No practice tomorrow. Maybe sat. if possible. We have a talented team that needs more practice and knowing the playbook. The coaches are keeping the Bears motivated at all positions. Go Bears

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:14 pm 
UserName Retired

Papa ..thanks for the updates.....Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:30 pm 
All-Conference

Hard hitting today on both sides of the ball. These Bears are beginning to smell blood. I would not want to play for MO. ST. As each practice happens, the intensity increases. Today you could cut the air with a butter knife. These Bears are focused in more way than one. The receivers were catching a lot of ball. The D back broke up a lot of passes as well. The O line is punishing, and the D line was having their day as well. At the end of practice, the Bears got to enjoy some Kona ice. There was a lot of please and thank you when they got served. These Bears earned their treat today. The QB's looked outstanding. They are growing up fast. The RBs were powerful. Harder practice today. Physically and mentally. Do not miss the scrimmage Saturday. I hope nobody gets hurt. Go Bears

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:36 am 
All-Conference

I watched the scrimmage and it's hard to tell what the Bears are going to do this season. If they apply themselves in a game situation, we have a chance of making the playoffs. It's on now for practicing against MO. ST. Coach Brown does not have a whole lot of time to prepare the Bears for the season opener. More info as I get it. Go Bears

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:48 pm 
UserName Retired

This year is no push over schedule.....Coach has precious little time to get spots filled at a level to win early....#5 Maroon Bears will be a mighty tough opener....then Ole Miss in Oxford....at least we have a few extra days after Mo State to recover and prepare....good to see we get some votes.....looks like hard to get to 7 wins.....still I am hopeful but a new QB and replacing two of the very best FCS WRs is a big ask of the next guys up especially for Games 1 and 2....then again I completely missed the Texas State blowout a few years back with some kid from Russellville at QB...Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:30 am 
2nd Team

JRK wrote:
This year is no push over schedule.....Coach has precious little time to get spots filled at a level to win early....#5 Maroon Bears will be a mighty tough opener....then Ole Miss in Oxford....at least we have a few extra days after Mo State to recover and prepare....good to see we get some votes.....looks like hard to get to 7 wins.....still I am hopeful but a new QB and replacing two of the very best FCS WRs is a big ask of the next guys up especially for Games 1 and 2....then again I completely missed the Texas State blowout a few years back with some kid from Russellville at QB...Go Bears!!

Ha! Turned out to be a great coach! I do expect some hiccups to start the season. Backfield looks to be loaded especially with the addition of freshman Broadway. Darius is such a good RB. I know we got a couple transfer receivers. I’ll be curious to watch them. I’ve also heard some really good things about Mcelvain. Watched some of his games on YouTube. Very elusive player with a strong arm. I’m excited to watch him. Was told Myers arrived on campus for summer conditioning. Heard he really impressed and is learning quickly in fall camp. Reading PapaBears posts it sounds like transfer McDowell is doing well.

Let’s hope for now the injury bug stays away and the younger guys can get more time to learn the system. I will say it is going to be extremely weird not seeing breylin out there. Anyone besides espn+ picking up that first game?