It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recruits watching here
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:18 am 
All-Conference

How many recruits (and/or recruits parents) do you guys think look at this site?

Post subject: Re: Recruits watching here
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:34 pm 
All-Conference

UCAFaninTN wrote:
How many recruits (and/or recruits parents) do you guys think look at this site?

Maybe 1 or 2? Heck I feel UCA Fans don't hardly know about this site. I wish more did.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:24 pm 
UserName Retired

There was one for sure. His kid went to Arkansas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:22 pm 
All-Conference

hahahahahahahaa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:52 am 
Two-Time All-American

zero....Twitter is king

It's obvious that nobody looks at this site anymore.
Head Men's Basketball Coach Anthony Boone has heart surgery
and there are no comments posted... :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:56 pm 
All-Conference

Thanks Foot. That is exactly the response that I was expecting and wanting. Here we are about a year away from having an FBS Football program, yet we don`t have a legitimate fan forum. Not bashing the admins here, but this site needs to be updated in a bad way. The pics are VERY outdated etc. and it doesn`t seem like it is marketed at all.
Once again not bashing, I do understand that people move on and things are handed over to others that have full time jobs and only run this in their spare time.
2024 will be on us before we know it fellas.
Do this: Go to the photos tab, click on facilities, click on football facilities and tell me what you see. There is not ONE SINGLE FOOTBALL PLAYER AND/OR PARENT THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN COMING TO UCA BASED ON THOSE PICS !!!!
OUR STUFF/FACILITIES ARE FAIRLY IMPRESSIVE BUT ARE NOT REPRESENTED AT ALL. (I DO UNDERSTAND THE SCHOOLS WEBSITE IS MUCH BETTER)
This site should impress. SOMEONE PLEASE STEP UP.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:18 pm 
UserName Retired

huggy_bear wrote:
hahahahahahahaa

Is that a nervous laugh or a doubtful laugh or a laugh of I know what you are saying? :?: That recruit has a dad that's been on this site since 2005. 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:04 pm 
2nd Team

That recruit has a dad on here, but his dad is on every other social media too. This site didn't factor into his recruiting LMAO.

Fan forums are mostly dead. Sure, some schools still have active sites, but Twitter rules. The UCA Football twitter account has 34.3K followers. The coaches have ridiculous numbers of interactions with players and parents every month on that platform.

We are probably all great UCA fans but we aren't factoring into recruiting (on here anyway)

You guys should join the conversation on Twitter though. That really does have an impact on recruits. Likes, retweets, replies, anything. Kids love it. Join the fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:11 pm 
UserName Retired

No social media sites factor into where a recruit ultimately goes as he's been recruited. Even twitter. He just announces his decision on those platforms.

These things make a HUGE difference for a recruit:
Unofficial visits.
Game atmosphere and fan interaction.
Coaches phone calls and texts.
Current players friendliness during visits.
Official visits.
Possibility of future playing time.
Coaches visits to games.
Scholarship offer amounts.
Location of school.
Family circumstances and needs.
Major of study offerings and opportunities.
NIL possibilities (yes, that's big now)
and so much more.......

Just what I've seen so far.... :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:57 am 
All-Conference

Yep, showing my age again. I guess I really am out of touch. Do I really need to learn how to "Tweet" ---sounds almost like some pansy BS, but then again, here we are.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:21 pm 
Two-Time All-American

yeah, but on twitter you get cancelled for misinformation if someone
doesn't agree with you. I will just sit on the sidelines...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:31 pm 
Starter

I don’t get on here like I used to when my son played at UCA, but most of the other parents were on this site during this time (2010-2014). However, I recognize many of the names posting. Great time for our son & family.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:42 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
huggy_bear wrote:
hahahahahahahaa

Is that a nervous laugh or a doubtful laugh or a laugh of I know what you are saying? :?: That recruit has a dad that's been on this site since 2005. 8) :lol:

0% chance kids care what we say on here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:13 pm 
UserName Retired

UCAFaninTN wrote:
Thanks Foot. That is exactly the response that I was expecting and wanting. Here we are about a year away from having an FBS Football program, yet we don`t have a legitimate fan forum. Not bashing the admins here, but this site needs to be updated in a bad way. The pics are VERY outdated etc. and it doesn`t seem like it is marketed at all.
Once again not bashing, I do understand that people move on and things are handed over to others that have full time jobs and only run this in their spare time.
Do this: Go to the photos tab, click on facilities, click on football facilities and tell me what you see. There is not ONE SINGLE FOOTBALL PLAYER AND/OR PARENT THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN COMING TO UCA BASED ON THOSE PICS !!!!
OUR STUFF/FACILITIES ARE FAIRLY IMPRESSIVE BUT ARE NOT REPRESENTED AT ALL. (I DO UNDERSTAND THE SCHOOLS WEBSITE IS MUCH BETTER)

I agree, this site does need some upgrades. I do realize that this was an act of generosity on someone's behalf because they paid for it and created it on their own and most popular forums these days charge a fee or have a whole team working on it. I'm not sure any admins are really on the site that much anymore either. Like other are saying, most kids these days don't care about forums like this. Everything is TikTok, Twitter, or Instagram.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:13 pm 
All-Conference

joshuca wrote:
UCAFaninTN wrote:

I agree, this site does need some upgrades. I do realize that this was an act of generosity on someone's behalf because they paid for it and created it on their own and most popular forums these days charge a fee or have a whole team working on it. I'm not sure any admins are really on the site that much anymore either. Like other are saying, most kids these days don't care about forums like this. Everything is TikTok, Twitter, or Instagram.

Outside of links, pictures, and other info updated, not sure how much more you can update a forum. Does anyone have the numbers on how often this website gets visited? I will say UCA's Sports Information Department isn't the best. Especially for D1. I see many D2 SID's provide more updates.