It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OSU or NDSU
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:47 am 
Redshirt

So if you keep up with FCS or FBS football, you probably know that NDSU is basically a mid level FBS squad hiding in the FCS. That said, who do we have the better chance of beating this year? Of course I'd love two wins but being realistic, that is a tall order. But...I think we could pull off a win against one of them. I say we have the better chance against OSU as it will be the first game for both us and them. What say you?

Post subject: Re: OSU or NDSU
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:22 pm 
Two-Time All-American

NDSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:08 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UCA should have the edge in the skill positions
vs NDSU…the big question will be what happens
at the LOS. Their OL and DL have been a dominant
force for at least a decade. They will stack the box
and make the Bears throw it.

OSU should have the overall edge just based on
scholarships available & NIL money that UCA
doesn’t have. Firmly established FBS program.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:51 pm 
2nd Team

OSU will be tough. They pay a lot of smart people to find the weak spots and then they exploit them like ole miss. The last time these two teams met the game stayed competitive for a couple 3 quarters. Hoping for the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:16 am 
All-Conference

NDSU for sure. NDSU will probably still win by 2-3 touchdowns though. Not sure of this UCA squad this year. Guess we will be all waiting to see!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:56 pm 
Redshirt

PurpleHaze wrote:
OSU will be tough. They pay a lot of smart people to find the weak spots and then they exploit them like ole miss. The last time these two teams met the game stayed competitive for a couple 3 quarters. Hoping for the same.

I see it as a tough game to eek out a UCA win as well. And the wife and I went to the OSU/UCA game in 2015. It was definitely a competitive game for UCA. OSU was really really good that year. To hold them to 32 was good defense. They started off 10-0. Those 32 points were the third lowest point totals in their 10 game win streak. We went 7-4 and likely could have made the playoffs if we would have won our final game against Sam Houston State.

All things considered, I believe this year's UCA squad has better talent than the 2015 squad and I believe OSU has less talent than they did in 2015. So by the numbers, I personally expect a better showing. Hell, I couple turnover breaks in our favor late in the game and maybe even pull out a win. We'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:28 pm 
2nd Team

I would like to make that game this year. We will have to get creative on the offensive side of the ball. If I remember correctly they pulled out a good one back in 2015 for a 50 or so yard touchdown pass. They will need to do the same this year to keep them off balance. I don’t know how well OSU did in the portal. I was just told they lost a lot. There is no doubt in my mind if the ball bounces our way this game can be competitive. We have some studs.