It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Depth Chart 2023
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:04 pm 
All-Conference

What's the current Depth Chart looking like heading into next month? Very curious about backup QB and RB situation.

Post subject: Re: Depth Chart 2023
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:27 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Mulerider wrote:
What's the current Depth Chart looking like heading into next month? Very curious about backup QB and RB situation.

Never seen a depth chart released from UCA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:17 am 
2nd Team

Ive never seen one either tbh. Below is my guess based on what I’m hearing and saw during the spring game. I think they will use all 4 running backs this year. I expect Powell to be 1 and Darius 2, but it’s not like the other 2 are not good. Broadway and James are both studs. They will receive good reps as well. Our running back room is insane. At Qb it’s the 6th year senior #2 Mcelvain just because of his experience. Very poised player. The redshirt freshman #8 Myers from Vilonia is the solid 2. Thought he did well in the spring game looks the part of a D1 Qb @ 6’4 210. The 3rd spot I don’t know. Haven’t heard any rumors. My guess is the new freshman is battling for 3 with a couple of the walkons. After that I don’t really know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:45 am 
All-Conference

PurpleHaze wrote:
Ive never seen one either tbh. Below is my guess based on what I’m hearing and saw during the spring game. I think they will use all 4 running backs this year. I expect Powell to be 1 and Darius 2, but it’s not like the other 2 are not good. Broadway and James are both studs. They will receive good reps as well. Our running back room is insane. At Qb it’s the 6th year senior #2 Mcelvain just because of his experience. Very poised player. The redshirt freshman #8 Myers from Vilonia is the solid 2. Thought he did well in the spring game looks the part of a D1 Qb @ 6’4 210. The 3rd spot I don’t know. Haven’t heard any rumors. My guess is the new freshman is battling for 3 with a couple of the walkons. After that I don’t really know.

I'm wondering if some of these RB's might be used at some WR's postions in some cases. Also, I'm curious what the KR/PR game will look like. Might have a pretty good year on that side as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:40 am 
2nd Team

Mulerider wrote:
PurpleHaze wrote:

I'm wondering if some of these RB's might be used at some WR's postions in some cases. Also, I'm curious what the KR/PR game will look like. Might have a pretty good year on that side as well.

Yeah I’m curious as well. I do expect the rb’s to line up outside the box some. Only makes sense. I’m wondering what the kicking game is gonna look like. Last year we struggled early getting the punts off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:44 pm 
2nd Team

My best guess:

QB - McElvain then Myers then likely Guerra
RB - tandem with Hale, Powell, James
Expecting to see Kylin James lined up in the slot a lot. Had over 1500 all purpose yards last year and honestly better when he isn't running between the tackles.

Lots to be excited about on both sides of the ball

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:24 pm 
Two-Time All-American

It would be wise to put all your best hosses
On the field for every play. Run up the score if you
can. Deal with injuries as they arise. Stress out
the opposition defense as much as possible.

Hopefully this year’s group can score in the
first half. Been a notoriously slow starting
team for a few years.

Need a winning season for sure.

GO BEARS