It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oklahoma State
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:28 pm 
All-Conference

While I am hopefully for the Bears, I can't see them pulling it out at all. Back in 2021, they did win a close one against Missouri State and went on to have a 12-2 season. I can't see this being anything other than a 24-42 type game. I think OSU's offense will just be too great for the UCA defense. Will be curious if we can burn some clock with our RB situation though.

If it ends up being a close one, we may be looking at a better than predicted UCA team. Hard to tell with Game 1 for both teams.

Post subject: Re: Oklahoma State
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:51 pm 
2nd Team

Yeah, I'm never gonna be the one to sit here and tell you we match up well with a team like OSU. I will say, they lost a ton in the portal and to graduation. I think I saw where they would have to replace 85% of their offensive and defensive production from last year. Hopefully that inexperience allows UCA to stay in it and keep it close for a longer period of time. Maybe experience helps us bridge the talent/depth gap and make it interesting.

Regardless, I'm pumped for Bear football!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:10 pm 
All-Conference

BearOnCampus wrote:
Yeah, I'm never gonna be the one to sit here and tell you we match up well with a team like OSU. I will say, they lost a ton in the portal and to graduation. I think I saw where they would have to replace 85% of their offensive and defensive production from last year. Hopefully that inexperience allows UCA to stay in it and keep it close for a longer period of time. Maybe experience helps us bridge the talent/depth gap and make it interesting.

Regardless, I'm pumped for Bear football!

FCS Football is becoming more competitve with FBS slowly but surely. Not Top 25 per say, but mid to low tier FBS teams. Heck many years a Top 10 FCS team may really deserve to be somewhere in the middle of FBS.

James Madison showed us that. As well as North and South Dakota State. Eastern Washington has had flashes as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:12 pm 
2nd Team

I’m hopeful we can have luck on the ground and burn some clock. I also think OSU knows this and will beg us to pass. I know OSU isn’t Ole Miss, but these teams find a way to replace dudes. Last year Ole Miss had a high turnover of players, but replaced it and spanked us. I think this game will tell us a lot about the bears. I agree with the 40ish to 20ish. If we can stay within 2 scores by the 4th qtr I’ll be very pleased.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:17 am 
2nd Team

I don't disagree that programs like that know how to replace talent with talent, but to be fair, the Ole Miss overhaul last year was a work of art. He brought in a class of transfer portal freaks. Not saying they won't be able to replace the talent and have it in place before week 1, I just think Ole Miss had a completely different level of portal success than the Pokes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:27 pm 
2nd Team

https://youtu.be/Ebz47srXNSU Looks like a new DC. Maybe we can take advantage of a few kinks they need to work out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:24 am 
2nd Team

I am hoping to make this game. Game day temp is looking brutal. 99. Wish they would move it back about an hour. I know that’s tough with tv schedules etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:14 pm 
2nd Team

PurpleHaze wrote:
I am hoping to make this game. Game day temp is looking brutal. 99. Wish they would move it back about an hour. I know that’s tough with tv schedules etc.

Are you planning on going to the UCA Alumni tailgate? We're making the trip but haven't really made plans beyond tickets and the Air BnB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:31 pm 
2nd Team

I doubt I can make the tailgate. I have never been to one, but I bet the food is good! I’m still not 100% sure on the game. Hoping I can work it around my schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:49 am 
All-Conference

I've got my tickets and hope to be at the game if I'm out of the hospital in time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:08 pm 
UserName Retired

We should learn a lot with this game.....OSU has lots of talent to replace from a very disappointing season last fall (they got whacked badly by Kansas) and they will have solid transfer, redshirts coming off and freshman class....Gundy will have to see who fits where in a real game...we have lots of starters returning, including QB, RB and WRs, and some of the very best in FCS,.....maybe they have a slow start and we can get out fast (not really are style) .... just hoping it is not 99 with 30 mph wind ...enjoy Stillwater ...Go Bears!!

PS ..I have not seen where Gundy has even mentioned in press coverage who they are playing this week.........

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:15 am 
UserName Retired

Tailgate for the game has so far two addresses. The latest can't be the right one. I'm not able to attend but a friend of mine is and said he looked at the google map for the newest address and is totally confused why they would pick that place. Unless something happened and it was their only choice. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:21 pm 
UserName Retired

Maybe they put us in Norman or at Boomer Lake?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:32 pm 
UserName Retired

Tough loss...played pretty well ....punting and all kick coverages impressive....PATs/FGs a disaster and cost Bears 7 big points...defense fatigued late in Q4 which was just to let Pokes pull way...partly due to Wilson and Godfrey not being able to play all of Q4.....still the defense played very well...offense had some good drives and OSU struggled to get stops on those....Late long pass to Barnes was impressive all the way around....James had a very good game and made some OSU d-backs pay a pretty steep price....Powell looked the part for sure...Hales had some good runs....still think his fumble into the EZ was a TD even through it was reviewed....McElvain had a solid game but o-line needs to step it up just a bit more to give him another second....hope we get Rose back on o-line by the NDSU game....a couple of OSU sacks and drive stoppers came at expense of his replacement who was put in a tough place...

The FG/PAT blockers need a competition this week....snaps were high and too much middle penetration...what is usually a UCA strength was just not there tonight...guess we should have expected problems with a new snapper, holder and kicker but the holder and kicker was not where the issue lay....

Punter had an awesome night.....46+ average with 3 over 50 and one inside 5...

Bears were in no way intimidated and took it to the Pokes...NDSU will probably be studying this game film pretty hard.....Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:38 am 
Practice Squad

We had what it took to win this game but kept shooting ourselves in the foot!