It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transfers to UCA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:37 pm 
All-Conference

Question. Over time, will we see more D1 FBS transfers, D1 FCS Transfers, or D2 transfers to UCA? I know the old ball coach at SAU didn't like taking D2 transfers to his program usualy due to there being a bigger issue there. At the D1 FCS level it may not matter as much. My gut feeling says UCA will continue to get a good amount of D1 FBS transfer in the future like many FCS programs. Every so often we will get a really good D1 FCS/D2 player.

Post subject: Re: Transfers to UCA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:43 am 
All-Conference

I believe that UCA will get good quality transfers in the future. To get 5 star talent the Bears will have to win more games. I mean 9-2 or 8-3 seasons. We need to see improvement in attendance as well. No athlete really wants to come if attendance is poor. We the fans need to show up for the games. I appreciate the businesses that support UCU athletics. The whole community needs to support this team. I did not have the privilege to attend college. Instead I got the privilege of serving my country to the best of my capabilities. Sorry
for my rants but I love all of the young athletes who are the UCA Bears.

Go Bears Go
Papa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:57 pm 
All-Conference

Papabear wrote:
I believe that UCA will get good quality transfers in the future. To get 5 star talent the Bears will have to win more games. I mean 9-2 or 8-3 seasons. We need to see improvement in attendance as well. No athlete really wants to come if attendance is poor. We the fans need to show up for the games. I appreciate the businesses that support UCU athletics. The whole community needs to support this team. I did not have the privilege to attend college. Instead I got the privilege of serving my country to the best of my capabilities. Sorry

Go Bears Go
Papa

You are absolutely right. I will say, the athletic department will have to continue to fight for community envolvement. Lots can be done from their standpoint. Tailgating has to continue to improve #1. Fan expereience at the stadium has gotten better, but many improvements can be continued to be made. Games are fun to watch, ticket prices are ok, but watching on ESPN+ has been nice with a 1 and 3 year old. When the kids are older, I can see tailgating with them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:16 pm 
Redshirt

Mulerider wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Go Bears Go
Papa

You are absolutely right. I will say, the athletic department will have to continue to fight for community envolvement. Lots can be done from their standpoint. Tailgating has to continue to improve #1. Fan expereience at the stadium has gotten better, but many improvements can be continued to be made. Games are fun to watch, ticket prices are ok, but watching on ESPN+ has been nice with a 1 and 3 year old. When the kids are older, I can see tailgating with them.

Just out of curiosity what are the improvements you think tailgating should have? Feel like Bruce St is a lot of how the tailgaters make it.