It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Texas College
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:13 pm 
Team Captain

Texas College lost 96-0 to Permian Basin What are we doing playing them ? Their site didnt even have the score.I had to go to the Permian Basin site to get the score

Post subject: Re: Texas College
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:29 pm 
2nd Team

The story I heard is that uapb cancelled on us late in the schedule making process. This is the only school willing to play with an opening. If I’m calling the shots I’m resting my starters and maybe most of the 2’s. The uapb game being dropped really hurt us because this won’t count towards total wins.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:36 pm 
2nd Team

UAPB flaked late to play in the Southern Heritage classic against Tennessee State in Memphis. I’m with Haze on this one. Get your guys that are banged up some rest and let the young guys handle this one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:13 pm 
2nd Team

When did we stop having fireworks for touchdowns and some sorta smoke for the runouts?! Kids deserve a little more than that underwhelming entrance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:13 pm 
Redshirt

Nothing because of burn ban. Was told is part of the plan though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:54 pm 
Team Captain

Been off this forum for a bit (family went through some stuff last year), but thought I'd return to weigh in.

First, hats off to Texas State for volunteering as tribute. Hopefully they go back not too banged up.

As far as the game, outside of reps, we really learn nothing new this week. We saw last week this team is big, fast, physical. But beating up on an NAIA level school does not show us how we'll fare against the FCS level.

The biggest positive was getting to go deep on our roster and giving a variety of players reps. Some of these young men may not see the field much this season, so good for them for taking advantage of their opportunities tonight.

One thing last week and this week that has not changed over the years: We are a bit undisciplined. Too many penalties. Need to clean that up before we take on NDSU next week.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:41 pm 
UserName Retired

Agree that we learned nothing that will make us better vs NDSU....or move us up in polls....or count as a win for playoff qualification....it was good to get LOTS of players in a game even if vs NAIA team....especially the backup QBs....probably a fun game for players....kudos to Texas College Steers for hard play, played to the end and did not lose composure with all the frustration they had in every phase......now to Fargo..Go Bears!!

Watch for #45 (or another TE) who lines up in the pistol and blocks straight ahead for the RB....wonder if that was a decoy for NDSU film but sure worked vs TC....

Any idea who the last UCA QB was? I think #86.....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:29 pm 
2nd Team

I hope we can find a better opponent than uapb next year. The one thing I will say is I think the coaches did a good job trying to not run the score up. We could have scored 200 points had we tried.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:33 am 
UserName Retired

Maybe we can get a Southland team for a home and home series....or maybe one of the Tennessee FCS teams.....