It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: North Alabama
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:07 pm 
2nd Team

I don’t know why we haven’t thrown to Oliver more this year. He is a big guy. We have to do that more. That was a great 4th down play call.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:08 pm 
All-Conference

defense played well again.having to lean on them in the second half was ridiculous. there’s no scheme to the offense, no creativity.

not optimistic for the last two games

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:19 pm 
2nd Team

Newbearfan wrote:
I love this site. Up 21-0. Pitched a first half shut out. And only complaints.

I mean this in a nice way. I truly do. When you work for the university or are tied to someone who does don’t read the forum. This is what people do. They complain. It means they are engaged. Go read a Razorback forum. That being said people see the potential and want us to look like the D1 football university we can be.

On that note. A win is a win. All eyes on the EK-Austin Peay game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:25 pm 
All-Conference

i’ve given a lot of money, sweat, energy, tears and blood to this program. i’m not going to be the happy go lucky fan that just cheers. we’re an inefficient football program, and this type of season seems to be the ceiling for this regime.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:34 pm 
Redshirt

Defense stole the show tonight for sure. DL and Secondary played great. Seeing a couple of INTs that weren’t in garbage time was nice.

APSU and EKU tied 27-27 late in the game. 38 points in the 4th between them. Two really good teams. I know this may not be the popular opinion but I think Bears can win against both. If the defense keeps playing well and the offense can iron out a few kinks they’ll be alright… Also need to figure out the penalties. Will be fun. Looking forward to some good ball next couple weeks. Roll bears

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:50 pm 
2nd Team

huggy_bear wrote:
i’ve given a lot of money, sweat, energy, tears and blood to this program. i’m not going to be the happy go lucky fan that just cheers. we’re an inefficient football program, and this type of season seems to be the ceiling for this regime.

You make valid points. Several of us have given a lot. You see the potential. Not judging at all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:51 pm 
2nd Team

The path is clear now. With the Austin Peay victory tonight we must win out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:33 pm 
Practice Squad

Newbearfan wrote:
I love this site. Up 21-0. Pitched a first half shut out. And only complaints.

This is a team that is transitioning to FCS, the final score should have never been that close. When you know the potential this football team could/should have each and every year and we beat teams with a record of 3-7 by 13 points it is very disheartening. It’s been the same story each week for a few years now and we are tired of it. These next 2 games do not look to be in our favor but that is why the game is played, I’m just not gonna hold my breath.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:18 am 
UserName Retired

First Bears game I have missed (ie, not even being able to listen to radio) in a very long time....glad we got the road win.....winning margin was just right on what ratings predicted....we should, have won by a couple TDs and we did....UNA is not without talent...

Whether game was a pretty win or even a beat down is quite another issue...I agree with the comment that our offense seems simplified.....although we are targeting the TEs more than in years past, or so it seems, and with some notable effect....I am OK with zone reads when you have RBs like ours but it has to be mixed in and not THE play.....wish we had more deception in the offense....

Big chore now with EKU and APU but we are capable of winning both with better execution....defense will have to be very good both games....maybe we have saved some wrinkles in the offense just for this time of season...

Also, welcome to FirstDownBears........Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:13 am 
Team Captain

I love how in years past our offense was so pass heavy and we were explosive (a force to be reckoned with), complimented with mediocre run game. Now we have 3 quality running backs to compliment a quality QB, and we seem to struggle. Throw in 130+ yards of penalties and blocked field goals and suddenly 2 transitioning FCS schools are competing against us.

I don’t fault the team for loss to Tarleton it was monsoon and anyones game in those conditions, but it’s the tail end of season and we can’t get rid of penalties.