It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stadium Upgrades as of Nov 2023
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:03 am 
All-Conference

I know we have talked about this before, but what additionally is needed at Estes Stadium for fan experience to possibly boost attendance?

Honestly, I can't think of much. I feel like it's pretty good overvall for a D1 FCS game. I think it's just more of marketing/promotion to boost attendance.

Would still like to see the concessions get better and offer more variety. If attedance got better, it would be fun to see them add an additional section on each side of the visiting seating section. Honestly, I have told my wife several times that we are going to go sit over there instead of the second deck. Especially when sun isn't a factor.

Alright, here is a hot take for a Friday. While I love the purple of UCA, we are going to have to figure something out about the gray. I know, I know, UCA's colors are Gray and Purple. Here me out though. SAU has unofficially updated it's blue from a royal blue to a more modern blue. It looks 1000% better. Maybe UCA could do the same with the gray? I believe they already have with the purple (especially if you look at the basketball arena with multiple different shades of purple).

This just really is a big deal when it comes to apperance and warmness within an environment.

Post subject: Re: Stadium Upgrades as of Nov 2023
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:56 am 
Team Captain

Mulerider wrote:
I know we have talked about this before, but what additionally is needed at Estes Stadium for fan experience to possibly boost attendance?

Honestly, I can't think of much. I feel like it's pretty good overvall for a D1 FCS game. I think it's just more of marketing/promotion to boost attendance.

Would still like to see the concessions get better and offer more variety. If attedance got better, it would be fun to see them add an additional section on each side of the visiting seating section. Honestly, I have told my wife several times that we are going to go sit over there instead of the second deck. Especially when sun isn't a factor.

Alright, here is a hot take for a Friday. While I love the purple of UCA, we are going to have to figure something out about the gray. I know, I know, UCA's colors are Gray and Purple. Here me out though. SAU has unofficially updated it's blue from a royal blue to a more modern blue. It looks 1000% better. Maybe UCA could do the same with the gray? I believe they already have with the purple (especially if you look at the basketball arena with multiple different shades of purple).

This just really is a big deal when it comes to apperance and warmness within an environment.

This is why $$$ should instead be focused on new basketball facilities. This coming from an Alumni that would consider basketball one of my least favorite sports. An arena however is so much more than basketball, it’s event venue for concerts and graduations. Anyone walking into Farris Center (high school teenager or adult) leaves less than impressed, and it influences their decision on future enrollment or cutting a check (for tuition or donation). Local high schools have more impressive basketball facilities than one of the three largest Universities in the state. The university should start a capital campaign for this specific purpose.