It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2024 Early Look
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:16 pm 
UserName Retired

That certainly seems plausible for the "P5" programs...having been involved in sports sponsorships and naming rights at the professional level, I do not see there being the money bags in Arkansas to support all the D1 teams much less D2 and D3. Most of the programs are paid for by student activities fees, ticket sales, donations and what media revenue comes there way....there will be a revolt by students having to pay higher fees so their fellow students get a paycheck....the line will be long for handouts...marching band, concert band, cheer, orchestra, drama, choirs, et al...all are official groups that represent the school...why would an athlete in a sports program that does not pays its way get paid when these other groups do not....

Seems like the NIL money will draw the top athletes to the "money schools" leaving the other athletes what would be basically club sports....I can see it now "The Entergy LSU Tigers"....the "Conoco Phillips OSU Cowboys".....maybe there will be the equivalent of the Green Bay Packers that is owned by the public...

Not clear how NAIA, D3, D2, G5 and FCS end up....not to mention what happens to "non-revenue sports" other than eliminate ......cannot see there being enough money at most of those schools to pay other than minor payments to athletes...

The money at P5 level is too much to be ignored any longer....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:50 pm 
All-Conference

Has anyone seen anything on Bears new recruits from early signing day yesterday.
This is all I’ve found:
https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2023/dec ... te-talent/

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:34 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Nothing on UCA SPORTS.COM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:26 am 
UserName Retired

FOOT84 wrote:
Nothing on UCA SPORTS.COM

Shocking I tell you. Shocking.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:08 pm 
All-Conference

It makes no sense, ucasports.com posted our six all-academic selections today but still hasn’t named or discussed our new recruits. Surely, it can’t be blamed on the holidays. If ucasports.com can’t promote the Bears, is it a surprise no other media does?

BTW, most of our conference teams have posted their recruits plus provided a link to their websites on uacfootball.com. Additionally, you can see the Bears mid year transfers, but not our high school recruits.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

xbear83 wrote:
It makes no sense, ucasports.com posted our six all-academic selections today but still hasn’t named or discussed our new recruits. Surely, it can’t be blamed on the holidays. If ucasports.com can’t promote the Bears, is it a surprise no other media does?

BTW, most of our conference teams have posted their recruits plus provided a link to their websites on uacfootball.com. Additionally, you can see the Bears mid year transfers, but not our high school recruits.

Last edited by FOOT84 on Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:14 pm 
Redshirt

Not defending our marketing at all because it needs improvement, but I’ll play defender for them this once. During early signing day, they posted their stuff to Instagram and Twitter (or X). Not sure if it made it to Facebook but I know it’s on that stuff. Usually they’ll post a recap but haven’t seen it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:33 am 
Two-Time All-American

Purplebearfan901 wrote:
Not defending our marketing at all because it needs improvement, but I’ll play defender for them this once. During early signing day, they posted their stuff to Instagram and Twitter (or X). Not sure if it made it to Facebook but I know it’s on that stuff. Usually they’ll post a recap but haven’t seen it yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:27 pm 
All-Conference

Things:
The marketing dept for the football program seems to just be going through the paces (as usual). They could do better. Everyone knows it and they need to wake up and smell the coffee. I have my doubts they ever will.
The city of Conway needs to step up and should also be pushing UCA, not just us.
The NIL may not be all bad. I have heard that a few supporters of the Pigs are so fed up that they are looking to put their support into other programs in the state, so hopefully UCA and others can benefit. As far as the kids are concerned, I feel like in the long run it will all level out. If they want to play good football, they will, UCA has a tremendous football program and only so many can fit on a team.
I didn't renew my PC membership last year. Main reasons were the changes to access to the "room", low number of home games, and the fact that when I hear from them its only about money. Try throwing some more events to just get everyone together (like an old school pep rally) without asking for money. I personally have met almost exactly 2 people outside my tailgate group, that sucks, and it's not my fault, the marketing dept needs to get everyone together. The money will come once the fellowship is obtained. I am still debating whether or not to renew for `24. Just a bit jaded.
Trying my best to be a good fan. Just wish the marketing dept could spice things up and make things interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:30 pm 
All-Conference

Nail on the head. It’s stale and they only ask for money in the same boring ways. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

New leadership is required

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:17 pm 
Team Captain

Talked with Nathan at the basketball game last Wednesday.All he said was that we had a great morning and signed 25 players. Yes, I am waiting too

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:27 pm 
All-Conference

huggy_bear wrote:
Nail on the head. It’s stale and they only ask for money in the same boring ways. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

New leadership is required

Honestly, it is past time for the Board of Trustees to get involved. They will not, but they should.

It is time for both Houston Davis and Brad Teague to go. Beyond these two, just a general housecleaning from top to bottom needs to occur.

UCA deserves better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 pm 
Redshirt

Signing day is a week away and saw there will be an public event at Wingo hall on campus at 5:30.