It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:46 pm 
All-American

I know a plummer who could set the pipe line.

One good flush and ATU is gone....LOL!!!!!

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:47 pm 
All-American

I know a plummer that could set the lines.

One good flush and ATU would be gone....LOL!!!!!

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:49 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

that post was so nice, you posted it twice! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:50 pm 
All-American

Not really sure what happened there....I guess I got so stirred up with the possibility of flushing Pope County down the drain and I double clicked.

Burly Bear :lol:

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:52 pm 
All-American

I've got to fall out of here for a little while bearfan 101.

I just discovered that the Bucksnort Police Department is raiding a place near by. I've got to check my stash.

Burly Bear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:54 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

hide it well my friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:55 pm 
All-American

This is Burly Bear

OUT!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:02 am 
Two-Time All-American

I have read several comments regarding us playing some games in Little Rock. From one who lives in Little Rock (about 3 minutes from War Memorial) here is my take. I agree that this particular opponent may not be the best for a Little Rock game but due to the UAPB fiasco it is a good place to start.

Not all UCA fans and alumni live in Conway. I do believe we need to play 1 football game per year in Little Rock just to try and expand our fan base. Ideally it would be against an opponent (ASU for example) whick would help us draw 30,000 plus. The day might come when a conference opponent would draw more than the current Estes capacity for example.

Hopefully we will also be playing a home and home series with UALR in basketball and other sports also.

I make some 20-30 trips per year to support the Bears. It will not hurt anyone to make 1 or 2 per year to Little Rock to do the same.

GO BEARS!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:31 pm 
Starter

Amen to the last comment--and to all the ones above--papa--we do have a beautiful new stadium that has maybe been full twice (AR TECH) and we need to fill it up more this year! I do think we should have one or two games in LR to build publicity and definitley interest in that area. Another note: The Kiosk at the mall was a wonderful idea and they seem to be doing pretty well selling and publicizing UCA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:41 pm 
Starter

Kiosk is in Park Plaza Mall....if you are in the area stop and see it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:38 pm 
Practice Squad

Jan Newcomer and and the alumni association knows how to do things right not half-a--, it will be great to see you alllllllllll tailgating this fall.

Post subject: Re: Bear Football is Exciting
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:48 am 
Team Captain

Papabear wrote:
U of A in my opinion will pullout of War Memorial stadium, they have enough regional support that they don't need State wide support. I don't think that Arkansas stAte will take the Razorbacks place should they leave.

Gotta agree with that. As a I-A, Arkansas State is required to play at least four home games in our primary venue and we won't change that to be WMS. A typical season we will have only five home games, a few years we will have six. So in theory we would never be able to play more than twice in Little Rock in a season and we are unlikely to do it when we can.

Right now I see us coming to LR for games like Oklahoma State. There are some name schools that are willing to give return games but only away from campus (see Oklahoma State vs. ASU and vs. La.Tech played in Shreveport, Middle Tennessee vs. Louisville which will be played in Nashville, Arkansas vs. Illinois and North Carolina in basketball).

There is some speculation that ASU vs. SMU could be moved to War Memorial in 2007 but I don't see that happening unless the AD is unhappy with the Indian Stadium turnout in 2006 for Army or unless someone puts up some money to convince ASU to move the game. I just don't see SMU traveling enough fans that someone would want to capture that game. The only other Little Rock talk I've heard was that La.Tech wanted to play ASU there and ASU reciprocated by demanding the return game be played in Shreveport. Last I heard those talks were dead.

So availability of WMS sure doesn't look like an issue. The question is what games make sense to play in LR. I think you'll have a stronger idea once the Southland deal gets done and you get a feel to which teams inspire fan interest. If UCA-McNeese has title implications, the Cowboys will bring enough fans that it would probably be worthwhile to move. Outside that, I'd wager UCA will shoot for a non-conference game in September to help spur people to be interested in driving to Conway for the league games.

Post subject: Re: Bear Football is Exciting
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:07 pm 
UserName Retired

arkstfan wrote:
So availability of WMS sure doesn't look like an issue. The question is what games make sense to play in LR. I think you'll have a stronger idea once the Southland deal gets done and you get a feel to which teams inspire fan interest. If UCA-McNeese has title implications, the Cowboys will bring enough fans that it would probably be worthwhile to move. Outside that, I'd wager UCA will shoot for a non-conference game in September to help spur people to be interested in driving to Conway for the league games.

I think you're right on. I think McNeese would turn into a nice matchup for UCA in WM. I think the 12th game will also help I-AA's get bigger names to meet in "neutral" locations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:13 pm 
Team Captain

It's a shame that 12 games wasn't approved by the NCAA Board of Directors for I-AA schools. It would given more flexibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:27 pm 
All-American

May be it will be reconsidered some day. Hope so.

John Wayne