It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:02 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
ucabearfan wrote:
My guess about the game is based on the game on a thursday night and the hype of uca going d1aa and Lu's advertising the game.
My whole motivation behind that statement was for you obvious fans to go out and hype the game with your coworkers and families and friends so that number can happen. I preach bear ball everywhere. You should too. Have fun with it, say it and people will believe it and actually go to the games. Drive time sports needs to hear from us too. Any more ideas?

Where is this advertising of the game to which you speak of? It's not on UCASports.com anywhere. Although on the website it does proclaim that week as PURPLE POWER WEEK! I can't find anything about the game on UCA.edu and the only thing I've read about on the Log Cabin is the individual position previews done a few weeks back. If they are advertising this game, other than a kisosk in the Park Plaza Mall and the tv ads run for the university I have yet to see any eveidence of it. I hope they wouldn't wait until only 3 weeks left before the game, but it looks like you know something we don't about waiting until 3 weeks before game time.

I appreciate the way Lu has gotten UCA's name out there with the tv ads, billboards, updated university website, kiosk and such. So please don't misconceive this post. I just hope everyone is loud and heard in trying to get the numbers out for your predicted 20K at War Memorial.

I still want to hear more about the advertising. And how I keep hearing 20K as the projected attendance. I want to know how anyone thinks it will draw that much. Man I sure HOPE we get taht number, but I'm still skeptical on that number. I will also gladly say I was wrong IF we reach or exceed that number no doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:11 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I totally agree on that one! I just dont see us getting 20K, truthly I'm hoping we can just get 10-15K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:15 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

heck we get 15 I would consider that HUGE, since we had 10-1 for the TECH game, and you know how many fans they brought. We would have to increase THAT number from Estes last year by a CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT to hit even CLOSE to 15K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:04 pm 
Two-Time All-American

well just say a little prayer everynight before you go to sleep and maybe it will happen :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:51 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
Bear Fan 101 wrote:
ucabearfan wrote:
My guess about the game is based on the game on a thursday night and the hype of uca going d1aa and Lu's advertising the game.
My whole motivation behind that statement was for you obvious fans to go out and hype the game with your coworkers and families and friends so that number can happen. I preach bear ball everywhere. You should too. Have fun with it, say it and people will believe it and actually go to the games. Drive time sports needs to hear from us too. Any more ideas?

Where is this advertising of the game to which you speak of? It's not on UCASports.com anywhere. Although on the website it does proclaim that week as PURPLE POWER WEEK! I can't find anything about the game on UCA.edu and the only thing I've read about on the Log Cabin is the individual position previews done a few weeks back. If they are advertising this game, other than a kisosk in the Park Plaza Mall and the tv ads run for the university I have yet to see any eveidence of it. I hope they wouldn't wait until only 3 weeks left before the game, but it looks like you (ucabearfan) know something we don't about waiting until 3 weeks before game time.

I appreciate the way Lu has gotten UCA's name out there with the tv ads, billboards, updated university website, kiosk and such. So please don't misconceive this post. I just hope everyone is loud and heard in trying to get the numbers out for your predicted 20K at War Memorial.

ucabearfan, you out there? I still want to hear more about the advertising. And how I keep hearing 20K as the projected attendance. I want to know how anyone thinks it will draw that much. Man I sure HOPE we get that number, but I'm still skeptical on that number. I will also gladly say I was wrong IF we reach or exceed that number no doubt.

ucabearfan bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:03 am 
Two-Time All-American

I 2nd that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:07 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:51 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:13 pm 
UserName Retired

Here's the deal. As long as I have been a UCA fan, I have long hated seeing the lack of fan support this program has had. Now UCA is moving to d1aa and the whole deal of fan support has got to change! I have convinced 20 of my coworkers, none of which care a thing about UCA, to go to the game to support the charitable cause and to show them what a great team and program UCA has! That was just word of mouth. My thought on the advertising is this. Old lu is keeping quiet so far because he doesn't want to look presumptious(?) in hyping the program going to d1aa since we haven't been given the official nod by the SLC yet, so hush for now. But after July 20th or so, he should be addying the game fervently for several reasons. First, it's a fundraiser for a very good cause. Second, it is one of the very few games UCA plays in LR, a market UA is leaving open for us. Third, the local media in LR is interested in UCA more now since the "possible" move will bring a better crop of teams to War Memorial and as a journalism grad of UCA, I can tell you that big events mean face time and face time means ad dollars. Plus with Lus' past history of addying the University, this is his next logical move. If I am wrong on this, I will be surprised and will apply for the job of AD for UCA and get this ball rolling. :D But I hope not. Now, as for my attendance guess, here's my thinking. It's a thursday night, LR people want something to do, prime market for hungry fans. Got to get them! Addying will work here! Second, there are more UCA fans in LR than most of us know. Heck, UCA is still a commuter school no matter how many dorms they build. Third, it's in War Memorial. Yes, a little run down, but still a highly accessible arena for fans of UCA from all points in the Cent. Ark area. Plus I have been rousing the feathers of my fellow d2 friends to come down to LR to support an arkansas team. Even some of my Tech friends will be there. I think all in all I have rounded up 50 people to come to the game. I still have time to bug "Drive time sports", talk to my old friend Wally Hall and try to hype up more bear fans to bring their friends to the game. So what if I am wrong on 20. I hope I am right, for the charities sake at least. Sometimes football is just a game, when there is a need that needs to be met. Well, I have gone on too long with this post. No, I can't say for sure 20 will be there, but I think 15 is a nice number too! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:23 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I am hoping for the charity sake there are 20K there, hell 15 would be very very good.

Do you have any numbers on what it actually costs for us to rent the stadium that night, and how many we would have to draw to actually give money to the charity and to at least break even, considering ENM is very highly unlikely to bring any considerable amount of fans to the game.

You better get on ol Wally and DTS then, hell talk Drive By into doing their show that day from War Memorial, renovated, Stadium. That couldn't hurt either. I would say contact Hooten's too, but, I have a joke and I'm not going there! :lol:

You wont hear me argue with you over the fact fan support has got to change on the probable move up to 1AA. Putting butts in the seats for football (STUDENTS inlcuded) and even double and triple the size for BBall crowds have got to start showing up. But that is also another thread for another time I feel.

As a side note >Does this local media include Channel 4 KARK now that they are about to ax their sports coverage from LR and Central Ark? :lol: I have a feeling they are about to ruin their station, not that it hasn't been struggling to begin with the last 10 years or so to begin with.

Thanks for answering my post to you, I was wanting your response because it sounded as if you knew something about specifically waiting until 3 weeks before UCA started advertising the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:28 pm 
UserName Retired

Nothing specific, just the fact that Lu has to be cautious before SLC shows up July 19 and on. Not an insider here, just a fan who knows a little about addying and too much about UCA! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:32 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

ok I hereby declare you to call in the call in shows and get our name out, get DTS to do their show from War Memorial on the 25th as well. :lol: I would assume they would if asked, esp since Tucker is a UCA Alum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:30 pm 
All-American

Hope for 20 k.
Realistic, 5-to-8,000........maybe.

Hope I am wrong and we top both figures.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:14 pm 
Practice Squad

Burly, I agree with your realistic estimate, and also hope you are wrong. Can you imagine how empty War Memorial will look.

If they really hope to get the crowd to be big, they will not only allow but encourage some REAL tailgating on the golf course like at Hog games. That means allowing, wink, wink, beer. Let the students and fans have some fun - this ain't Searcy and we ain't Harding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:08 am 
All-American

Yogi wrote:
Burly, I agree with your realistic estimate, and also hope you are wrong. Can you imagine how empty War Memorial will look.

If they really hope to get the crowd to be big, they will not only allow but encourage some REAL tailgating on the golf course like at Hog games. That means allowing, wink, wink, beer. Let the students and fans have some fun - this ain't Searcy and we ain't Harding.

Tailgating on the War Memorial Golf Course, now there's a thought...LOL!!!
wink, wink!!!!

I'm like you, I hope they encourage the fans and students to do that. I'm afraid it might be difficult because it will be the very first day of classes and playing on Thursday night will be a factor.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next