It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:08 pm 
All-American

Children, children...will you guys get a hold of yourselfs.

20,000 at War Memorial for Eastern New Mexico...man, I hope your right, but in the mean time, what in the world are you drinking ?

Burly Bear :roll:

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:58 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I tend to agree with you Burly Bear that that many Bears in one place for Eastern New Mexico would be highly unlikely. But it's the summer heat I tell ya! That and I will always be the ultra-optimistic kind about numbers! Can you forgive me for drinking this early in the day? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:13 pm 
Starter

ok, so the silly person that says 20K also spelt many words wrong so I agree and think someone was drinking something or on something when they wrote the text. I doubt there will be that many people there. PREZ Lu (as our dear pal stated) better offer some FREEBIES to get students there! hahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:06 pm 
All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
I tend to agree with you Burly Bear that that many Bears in one place for Eastern New Mexico would be highly unlikely. But it's the summer heat I tell ya! That and I will always be the ultra-optimistic kind about numbers! Can you forgive me for drinking this early in the day? :lol:

You are forgive my son......

The God Father Burly Bear 8)

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:16 pm 
UserName Retired

I wasn't too concerned about my spelling errors. My guess about the game is based on the game on a thursday night and the hype of uca going d1aa and Lu's advertising the game. As for the grammar, a spell check would be nice, but I didn't really care to correct every single mistake..
.....forgive me father...... :lol:

My whole motivation behind that statement was for you obvious fans to go out and hype the game with your coworkers and families and friends so that number can happen. I preach bear ball everywhere. You should too. Have fun with it, say it and people will believe it and actually go to the games. Drive time sports needs to hear from us too. Any more ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:33 pm 
All-American

ucabearfan wrote:
I wasn't too concerned about my spelling errors. My guess about the game is based on the game on a thursday night and the hype of uca going d1aa and Lu's advertising the game. As for the grammar, a spell check would be nice, but I didn't really care to correct every single mistake..
.....forgive me father...... :lol:

You are forgiven 8)

I'm having trouble spelling myself.

Burly Bear

My whole motivation behind that statement was for you obvious fans to go out and hype the game with your coworkers and families and friends so that number can happen. I preach bear ball everywhere. You should too. Have fun with it, say it and people will believe it and actually go to the games. Drive time sports needs to hear from us too. Any more ideas?

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:20 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

ucabearfan wrote:
My guess about the game is based on the game on a thursday night and the hype of uca going d1aa and Lu's advertising the game.

Where is this advertising of the game to which you speak of? It's not on UCASports.com anywhere. Although on the website it does proclaim that week as PURPLE POWER WEEK! I can't find anything about the game on UCA.edu and the only thing I've read about on the Log Cabin is the individual position previews done a few weeks back. If they are advertising this game, other than a kisosk in the Park Plaza Mall and the tv ads run for the university I have yet to see any eveidence of it. I hope they wouldn't wait until only 3 weeks left before the game, but it looks like you know something we don't about waiting until 3 weeks before game time.

I appreciate the way Lu has gotten UCA's name out there with the tv ads, billboards, updated university website, kiosk and such. So please don't misconceive this post. I just hope everyone is loud and heard in trying to get the numbers out for your predicted 20K at War Memorial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:30 pm 
Practice Squad

You must remember how many fans UAPB brought to War Memorial. How many fans will Eastern New Mexico bring? Probably not over 50. Saying we will have 20,000 is just plain non sense. Until we start playing some better caliber teams we will not have a good following. Vance and Clint need to quit scheduling the sisters of the blind and start playing some REAL programs. They found out that playing the likes of Iowa Weslyn, Langston, Eastern New Mexico and Delta State(nextyear in LR as a non-conference game) doesn't help us in the play off picture much less in attendance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:30 am 
Team Captain

Isn't that Labor Day Weekend? If the students aren't likely to be on campus does it make much of a difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:34 am 
UserName Retired

Labor Day weekend is the next weekend.
Sept. 5 is Labor Day. We play on a Thursday that week(end) too at Tenn-Martin- the week before you guys play them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:52 am 
Team Captain

treyuca wrote:
Labor Day weekend is the next weekend.
Sept. 5 is Labor Day. We play on a Thursday that week(end) too at Tenn-Martin- the week before you guys play them.

Also known as win #1 of the 2005 season for UCA.

UT-Martin is pitiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:10 pm 
UserName Retired

I hope you're right. I think it's definitely winable, but playing up always makes me nervous. I just hope we come out of there more healthy that after UAPB. Although we won that game, it cost us a few later in the year.

I know I'm a homer, but I really things look good for the bears to have a heck of a year - defeating a I-AA team would be a great start (2nd game).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:20 pm 
Team Captain

In their last ONE HUNDRED games UTM has defeated only three schools awarding more than 36 scholarships in football and has lost to several schools awarding less than the Division II limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:44 pm 
UserName Retired

My Goodness!
I had no idea it was THAT bad. I knew they haven't been very good, but that's a stat I'd never heard. I feel a little better now.

First they still have to play/beat ENMU in LR..... 71 days. I don't know how many remember last years game, but we had a huge lead and then let them come back and make a game out of it. Hopefully that won't happen this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:49 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

arkstfan wrote:
If the students aren't likely to be on campus does it make much of a difference?

Even though student support has been considerably rising in recent years, students being on or off campus won't make much difference either. It is/has terrible for basketball especially, but I'm not sure a not so big name matchup will make a difference on that front. I admit I don't know about basketball rom last season since both teams were winners, it sounded like the students showed up in numbers a little more, but it is as if they have to be bribed sometimes just to go out and support their fellow students. I hope I am not way off base on that one, like I said they have been better in recent years, which is great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next