It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How we doing academic wise
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:59 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

how are our Bears holding up int he classroom? Are we going to get the guys out we need out for the summer and next fall, or will we be losing any players due to academics or degree progression? I'm still concerned on that front...

I know this article doesnt necessarily bring up the academic part of the equation, but this quote is telling I do think about the personell decisions that will have to be made...

http://echo.uca.edu/SPORTS/S9.html
...Because of the move to I-AA, the Bears can only bring 90 players to camp this summer. In the past UCA has given just about anyone willing to try a shot to enter camp. "Unfortunately there's going to be some tough personnel decisions to make now," Conque said. "We're going to go back and evaluate all the personnel now and unfortunately we're going to have to bring about 12 guys in here and I'm going to have a tough talk with them."Conque said he doesn't want to lead any players on and hopes that in 20 years the players will understand Conque's decision to cut them."Everything has changed," he said. "I've been here before. This isn't the AIC, this isn't the Gulf South Conference, it's not Division II any more. This is an entirely different game now. This is a violent game, played very fast."