It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Offense 2014
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:26 am 
Redshirt

Since the new coaching change. Are we running our spread offense from last year or did the new coach install a new offense?

Post subject: Re: Offense 2014
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:34 am 
Two-Time All-American

New offense... More emphasis on the run game but will
Utilize the recieving corps to its full potential. Should be
An exciting brand of football.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 am 
Redshirt

Do you think Taylor Reed will take any snaps under center this year, or will Ryan Howard be the man for us all year?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:59 pm 
UserName Retired

There is no way Howard will be in every game ALL game. Taylor Reed is a baller and can run it as well as throw it. Watching practices its hard to tell coaches plan but I can tell you that all 4 QBs are getting equal snaps. It looks like coach is looking to find out who can keep up with his pace of offense.

With my short experience with this crew here's my breakdown:

Howard: Starter. Good long ball. No run threat. How will he handle the pressure? Did fine last year though.
Reed: Short passes and run threat plus I saw a few long balls dead on. High energy. Plus 2 years division I experience. Possible 2 QB system?
Hildebrand: Straight zipped the ball to the receivers. Fast throws. Long and short. Run threat? Not sure but more of one than Howard. Kid has tremendous upside.
Moore: Passes slow but as he warmed up they got cleaner and faster. Didn't see much of a run threat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:15 pm 
Redshirt

sorry i haven't really kept in touch this past spring and was just wondering about the complete offense. Would have liked to have seen the spring game but is it going to be more 2 back run game like Coach Campbell used at Gulf Coast or more of a spread run game?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:43 pm 
UserName Retired

At least starting the season we look loaded with RBs....now to keep them healthy....we got too predictable the past two years and got away from deception and "Brent Grimes" type running (of course, we did not have Brent).......4-5 years ago Bears were criticized for no deep routes...last year seemd like we ran at least one every possession.....should be interesting..picked in middle of SLC and that makes sense until we prove on field...lots of talent...probably 5-6 teams will be in the hunt but someone has to figure out how to stop SELA's offense...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:38 am 
Redshirt

hildebrand kid excellent movement and feet, and he can run, clocked at sub 4.5 40, so he has some wheels. super strong arm. all of the qb's have game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:53 pm 
UserName Retired

Watched a bit of the helmets-only practice on Sunday. The one new guy on offense that stood out was Darrien Daniels. He was wearing #10 so Bearcountry had to ask another player who he was. But he is built like Jatavious. He lined up in the backfield and I'm pretty sure out as a receiver as well. Very shifty little guy.

Hopefully the roster will be updated and people wearing the matching numbers for the scrimmage this weekend. There were three 2nd team secondary guys wearing numbers that aren't on the roster at all.

I know this is an offensive thread, but I'm really curious to see the 3-4 in action. Bailey McIver was playing on the right side as an OLB but I don't remember who was on the left. I feel like when they were just doing drills as units it was Bailey and a lot of guys a lot smaller than him.