It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 24!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:40 pm 
All-Conference

Schedule came out today for the Red Wolves. Five years to the day since our last meeting. Book your rooms! Looking forward to seeing you guys up there.

Post subject: Re: September 24!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:57 pm 
UserName Retired

I got a feeling after our HUGE sized recruiting class this game will be more fun for ASU than UCA. Book my room? Its in state. Besides, I can get a ton of sleep driving down the 167 between nowhere and nowhere! :lol:

I mean after our last meeting I dont see too many Red Wolf fans circling this one on their calendar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:15 pm 
All-Conference

Red Wolf fans will be excited to play an in state team. You should stay and enjoy some beverages downtown after the game. For "nowhere", there are a lot of solid choices.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:58 pm 
All-Conference

Crump1 wrote:
Red Wolf fans will be excited to play an in state team. You should stay and enjoy some beverages downtown after the game. For "nowhere", there are a lot of solid choices.

Playing ASU is exciting for the Bear fan base too. Building these type rivalries is productive for all and a lot of fun. The last time we played was exciting for all Bear fans and the hospitality was great. Hopefully, we can give you guys a good game.

Thanks for playing the Bears.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:01 pm 
2nd Team

Should be an entertaining game, with high octane offensives.

This is the most talented A-State team ,in a recent run of decent A-State teams, and they should be headed for their 6th bowl game.

As good as they are on offense, the strength of their team in 2016 should be their defense, which is very fast very athletic, and should be among the best in G5.

UCA, of course, has enough talent to presents a real challenge for them, and should give then an idea of how they match up against most SBC teams.

Should be a heck of a game and fun to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:28 am 
UserName Retired

No offense to A-State fans, but Bear fans know what kind of year we are going to face. If A-State is as talented as you posted then a victory is assured for many reasons.

These aren't excuses. But I know you real football fans will realize that. Maybe in your early days of sunbelt they would be, but now you are established and successful. We play on two different levels of football.

1. You are talented on offense.
2. Your defense is really really good. You've got a few SBC championships.
3. You have 22 more scholarship players than UCA to start out with. You have 85 scholarship players. We have 63. When we get tired we don't have the "backups" you do.
4. UCA just turned over more than 30 players. We will be VERY young.
5. There's a talent gap between FBS and FCS players. There is some crossover but not much.
6. We have wanna-be bear fans who are pig fans who will be watching their game at our taligate area at your stadium. Sickens me. Yes, I know this doesn't affect the game itself. :lol:
7. We play at your house.
8. Our coach has a history of calling sideline passes. Sigh.
9. Our freshman haven't arrived on campus yet so there's no chemistry created yet for such a large incoming class.
10. You could see the difference between first team and second team last year..it was painfully obvious. This year those second team guys are our first team players.

Not writing off my Bears yet for a good season but Indian, I mean Red Wolf fans have to realize what kind of team they will face in September. Very young, inexperienced, FCS level players that might be different 2 years from now. But next year IS a rebuilding year for UCA. I'm still a HUGE bear fan and will support them through the ups and downs. I'm going to enjoy the tailgating and game itself. I can't wait to see the improvements to your stadium I've heard so much about. Can you pick up wifi IN your stadium yet? :lol:

I'm making the trip to McNeese and SFA this year too. Gotta budget! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:15 am 
All-Conference

Bearcountry, I agree with your post about our beloved Bears. For what I could see, the Bears are capable of running the fast pace high octane offense. I would love to see the Bears take 90 plays or more in a game. That would wear out the opponents defense in the second half. We are in for a interesting football season.

Go Bears Go!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:11 pm 
2nd Team

Attended A-States scrimmage yesterday, and the strength of their team appears to be the defense ( which should again be among the best in G5), overall athleticism, and speed, which is simply outstanding by any standard.

O defense they are talented, and deep on the DL, and that allows their LB's and secondary, who are exceptionally fast, and athletic, to make plays.

Looks like Justice Hansen(6-4, 214) or last years #2, James Tabary (6-2, 209) will battle it out for the starting QB job, and both appear capable, but again their defense was so dominate yesterday it was hard to get a real feel for where they are at, at any position on offense.

Only had eight OL for the game, and according to their HC only five of them were healthy, so it will be fall camp before they can get a good evaluation on that side of the ball.

This is the most talented of the recent run of decent teams they have had so another SBC Championship, and bowl game is definitely a strong possibility.