It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:38 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UpandIn913 wrote:
well he did play for a good team in college and is now playing for an NFL team, so I mean I guess its not to bad to get on his bandwagon. Sorry if that offends you or something, seems like you get that way quite often

No it doesn't offend me and I didn't mention anything about getting on his bandwagon. If you're a UT fan then you were obviously on his sac like the rest of the Whorn Nation from the day he made his verbal commitment.

All I was saying is that he is a whiney pansy who wasn't half the QB Major Applewhite was, and that you should choke on his panties. Maybe if you had a mouthful of lace you would think before you had the chance to speak.

Not offended, merely amused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:32 pm 
All-American

ucaladybug wrote:
Seriously, you guys are way off base here! Where do any of you get off telling someone else that they can't be a loyal fan of two teams!?? That's just ridiculous, and none of your business anyway!! Obviously everyone on this board is a big-time UCA fan and truly cares about UCA sports and the direction they are going in...otherwise we wouldn't be on here!

I've been a hogs fan since before I could speak, and I've been a huge UCA fan since I came to school here in August 1999. As Trey said, it's just the way it is when you are raised in Arkansas and you then learn to love the Bears just as much as the Hogs once you go to school here. I live in Cownay now, and I attend every home football game and listen to every away game on the radio. I also watch the Hogs on TV every chance I get...unless of course there is a UCA home game at the same time. In that case, we listen to our headphones!

So, I guess what I am trying to say here is this: Let's just all take a step back for a second, stop comparing who's is bigger, and take a hard look at how ridiculous you really sound.

If you cannot support anyone but the Bears...then that is your problem. But don't go around bashing those of us that can and will continue to do so no matter what you say. If it makes you feel better to say that we aren't "true" Bear fans....whatever!! We know the truth!!

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:34 pm 
All-American

ucaladybug wrote:
Seriously, you guys are way off base here! Where do any of you get off telling someone else that they can't be a loyal fan of two teams!?? That's just ridiculous, and none of your business anyway!! Obviously everyone on this board is a big-time UCA fan and truly cares about UCA sports and the direction they are going in...otherwise we wouldn't be on here!

I've been a hogs fan since before I could speak, and I've been a huge UCA fan since I came to school here in August 1999. As Trey said, it's just the way it is when you are raised in Arkansas and you then learn to love the Bears just as much as the Hogs once you go to school here. I live in Cownay now, and I attend every home football game and listen to every away game on the radio. I also watch the Hogs on TV every chance I get...unless of course there is a UCA home game at the same time. In that case, we listen to our headphones!

So, I guess what I am trying to say here is this: Let's just all take a step back for a second, stop comparing who's is bigger, and take a hard look at how ridiculous you really sound.

If you cannot support anyone but the Bears...then that is your problem. But don't go around bashing those of us that can and will continue to do so no matter what you say. If it makes you feel better to say that we aren't "true" Bear fans....whatever!! We know the truth!!

I will ask this again....if you had a chance to go to an Arkansas-Texas game or a UCA-Arkansas Tech game, which would it be ?

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:35 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

mine would be Tech-UCA...but then again, we know my reasons why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:37 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Arkansas-Texas, hands down.

The atmosphere will be much better, the matchup doesn't happen every year, and the football will be better.

On the downside it's a longer drive, more expensive, and your seats might not be as good. Although, I did have good lower-level seats for Arkansas-Texas this past season, which unfortunately caused me to miss the wonderful trip down to scenic Magnolia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:57 pm 
All-American

It's like I said eariler, you can only be for one.

If your a pig fan, thats your choice. You have my sympathy.

Burly Bear :roll:

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:12 pm 
Practice Squad

I was born and raised in Arkansas and I used to go to the pig games but not anymore. I discontinued going 28 years ago when the all mighty king frank raised prices, sections and other nonsense. Until he agrees to play
A-State, UCA OR UAPB I have no use for him or the piglets.

I'm an BEAR fan now and for ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:31 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Well you're obviously a dumbass. Stroll into the Hall of Fame room on a gameday at Estes when the Hogs are on TV and see all the purple-clad people in there cheering on the Hogs, referencing them as "we" and go tell all them you can only be for one. They too will look at you weird and call you a dumbass, then continue to cheer on the Hogs until the Bears take the field.

Your loyalty is admirable, your condescending attitude and closed-mindedness are pathetic.

And I can't believe you have the audacity to question my Bear fandom. If only you knew.

You don't have my sympathy, but you can have my middle finger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:50 pm 
Practice Squad

King of the South wrote:
Well you're obviously a dumbass. Stroll into the Hall of Fame room on a gameday at Estes when the Hogs are on TV and see all the purple-clad people in there cheering on the Hogs, referencing them as "we" and go tell all them you can only be for one. They too will look at you weird and call you a dumbass, then continue to cheer on the Hogs until the Bears take the field.

Your loyalty is admirable, your condescending attitude and closed-mindedness are pathetic.

And I can't believe you have the audacity to question my Bear fandom. If only you knew.

King, I'm tired of arguing with you but you never answered my question.

Can you name a state that has more than one D1A football program, where it is generally accepted that the fan base of one is also loyal to the another program.

Please respond. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:09 pm 
Practice Squad

I'd go to the UCA-Tech game because I love that game! I'm not much on driving long distances to games and I really prefer to watch the Hogs on TV because going to the game will basically ensure that I can't see crap...but if they are playing on the same day...you can bet my hubby will have his head phones on and frequently update me on the score of the Hogs game while we yell and scream for the Bears at Estes Stadium!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:33 pm 
Practice Squad

wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:35 pm 
Two-Time All-American

go stAte wrote:
King of the South wrote:

Can you name a state that has more than one D1A football program, where it is generally accepted that the fan base of one is also loyal to the another program.

Well it's hard for me to say since I don't live in any other state or follow all of them real closely. Obviously Auburn/Alabama, Michigan/Michigan St., Oregon/Oregon St., Washington/Washington St., Mississippi/Mississippi St., etc. are not going to have a lot of common fans.

However, you might see some people who like Texas A&M but also cheer for Houston or North Texas or somebody like that whenever they're playing somebody else, particularly a team from out of state.

Some LSU fans might find themselves pulling for ULM from time to time, you might get some Alabama fans who like Troy or UAB or something of the like.

You won't find an entire fanbase that fully supports two schools, but you will have individuals everywhere who do it.

And UA and UCA aren't both I-A, so there's no point in even bringing that up in a discussion about those two institutions.

You ASU folks can go right ahead and hate the Hogs all you want.

Anyway no matter what or how I answer you aren't going to be satisfied, so I don't know why I even bother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:57 pm 
All-American

King of the South wrote:

Any UCA fan who calls themselve a hog fan ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Condescending attitude and closedmindedness have nothing to do with it.
If you are a Bear fan, you will be there every week end and week out.
By listening to the piglets on the radio while the Bears are playing tells me you are not paying much attention to what is happening on the field.
And by the way, you know exactly where you can put your middle finger.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:11 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Of course I have no way of proving the truth of your answers, but answer me this:

Did you go to Florence, Ala. last football season?
Did you go to Cleveland, Miss. last football season?
Did you go to Monticello last football season?
Did you go to every home game last football season?

Did you go to every single conference game, both home and away, for the Bears and Sugar Bears during this past basketball season?

Did you spend four days in Tupelo for the GSC basketball tournament, staying to watch every UCA game as the Sugar Bears won it for the first time and the Bears made it to the semifinal?

Did you travel to Hot Springs for the Sugar Bears' Elite Eight and Final Four games?

How many UCA baseball games did you attend this season?

How many UCA softball games did you attend this season?

How many UCA soccer matches did you attend this season?

How many UCA tennis matches did you attend this season?

How many UCA volleyball matches did you attend this season?

Unless you can answer yes to every last one of the yes/no questions, and can answer more than a couple to the last five questions, then you have absolutely no right to tell me the attendance requirements for a "real" Bear backer.

Addend: I wasn't the one listening in on the radio, if you thought that was me by mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:17 pm 
Practice Squad

King of the South wrote:
go stAte wrote:
King of the South wrote:

Well it's hard for me to say since I don't live in any other state or follow all of them real closely. Obviously Auburn/Alabama, Michigan/Michigan St., Oregon/Oregon St., Washington/Washington St., Mississippi/Mississippi St., etc. are not going to have a lot of common fans.

However, you might see some people who like Texas A&M but also cheer for Houston or North Texas or somebody like that whenever they're playing somebody else, particularly a team from out of state.

Some LSU fans might find themselves pulling for ULM from time to time, you might get some Alabama fans who like Troy or UAB or something of the like.

You won't find an entire fanbase that fully supports two schools, but you will have individuals everywhere who do it.

And UA and UCA aren't both I-A, so there's no point in even bringing that up in a discussion about those two institutions.

You ASU folks can go right ahead and hate the Hogs all you want.

Anyway no matter what or how I answer you aren't going to be satisfied, so I don't know why I even bother.

Thats a pretty good answer.

My whole reasoning to asking you is people think if your from Arkansas you're a hog fan and I think a lot of stAte people resent that. Because they may not be a hog fan they're seen as hating the hogs. I don't hate the hogs but I do believe their in state game policy is silly and I guess you could say I hate it. Hating a group a buildings in Fayettville however, is pointless. I try not to let my hatred of that particular policy spill over in any other areas, afterall I do have quite a few friends that go there or went there.

You may think I'm an overzealous fan but I really just like to debate this issue because its hard for many Arkansans to understand a non hog fan.

UCA is making steps to becoming a 1A program and I look forward to this. ASU has craved a good rival and I think UCA could eventually become a rival. This will be a good thing for both schools.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next