It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Minutes from the Board Meeting about Ticket Prices.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:12 pm 
UserName Retired

http://www.uca.edu/divisions/admin/board/documents/051207botminutes.pdf (Warning...PDF)

The stuff about football and other sports ticket prices starts on page 7. It lists the ticket prices all the way up till 2011!

I thought this was interesting...
Quote:
Option to Increase Ticket Prices
The university administration reserves the option to increase ticket prices for individual home
athletic games if a major Division I opponent plays on the UCA campus.

Is this a common occurance for this to happen??

Post subject: Re: Minutes from the Board Meeting about Ticket Prices.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:25 pm 
All-American

joshuca wrote:
http://www.uca.edu/divisions/admin/board/documents/051207botminutes.pdf (Warning...PDF)

The stuff about football and other sports ticket prices starts on page 7. It lists the ticket prices all the way up till 2011!

I thought this was interesting...
Quote:
Option to Increase Ticket Prices
The university administration reserves the option to increase ticket prices for individual home
athletic games if a major Division I opponent plays on the UCA campus.

Is this a common occurance for this to happen??

I couldn't really say if this is common. Most of the places I have been have the ticket prices set at least a few years in advance similar to what the board approved, but I really kind of find it unusual that we would jack up the price if a major D-1 team comes to Conway.

Interesting!!!

Burly Bear :?:

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:15 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I'm not at all a fan of that move, should it come to pass. I could see raising prices for a multi-game classic or something of the like, but jacking it up for a single game because it's a major opponent? And what's going to qualify as major? To one person, major in basketball might be Duke, UConn, Kentucky, UCLA, Florida, etc. whereas another person would accept Ole Miss and another might even take Tulsa to mean "major".

This is no different than gouging on gas on holiday weekends and things of the like.

The decision to raise prices for certain games might be a little more acceptable if there's going to be a price break for crappier games. Say a seat is $10 normally, but then Ole Miss comes in and your seat goes up to $15. That's okay as long as that same seat is only about $5 when Campbell, Mercer, Morgan St. and Longwood come to town, or $1 when UAPB shows up. I don't think that's written in the policy there.

Anyway, yeah from a bottom-line standpoint it's a good risk to take to resort to premium pricing for premium opponents, knowing people won't be able to stay away. But, you better make sure they get their money's worth that time or you're going to start turning people off in a hurry.

And even though we know money is at the root of it all, this just screams it and doesn't even pretend to say anything along the lines of "We want you to come see what's going on at UCA. We want you to support our student athletes. We want to offer the community an entertainment source, something to give the children to do to keep them entertained and off the streets, a nice family-friendly environment to revel in the athletic endeavors of our young people" and so forth. Somebody may say part of that, but don't buy it. This says, quite explicitly, "Give me your money!"

And through it all, the integrity of the game is kept intact by the fact these are amateur athletes who will not be tainted by any financial windfall from gate revenues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:56 am 
Practice Squad

King of the South wrote:
Say a seat is $10 normally, but then Ole Miss comes in and your seat goes up to $15. That's okay as long as that same seat is only about $5 when Campbell, Mercer, Morgan St. and Longwood come to town, or $1 when UAPB shows up. I don't think that's written in the policy there.

LOL!

Reading through the ticket information, I think it was interesting that 75% discount for Purple Circle members had a strike through it and replaced by 25%. I wonder how that one slipped by originally.