It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Campground question/Tulsa game
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:50 pm 
All-Conference

Question:
We enjoy staying in our little travel trailer and were planning on dragging it over somewhere around the Fort Smith area the Friday night before the Tulsa game, stay the night there, and then drive on up to the game that Saturday. Does anyone know of any "NICE" campgrounds in that area? So far what we have found seem to be pretty cheesy.
Also what type of marketing has been going on to get more Bear fans to this game?? Tulsa looks very beatable this year! I`m hoping for a large UCA Fan turnout since its such an easy drive.

Post subject: Re: Campground question/Tulsa game
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 am 
Starter

I will give the athletic dept some credit, despite all of the flak myself, and many of you all have given them throughout the years. They’ve really begun to reach out to the community to get more folks involved in not only supporting the football program, but all of UCA athletics. There is still much more that could be done, but they seem to be really putting forth an effort now.

Ive seen a lot of activity on UCA athletics social media accounts to get more people involved as well.

Hoping for good turnouts all season long, but we do have a very lackluster home schedule with HBU, UIW, Lamar, NSU. Don’t want to take anyone for granted, but those four have been bottom dwellers for many years. But on the bright side, hopefully that equates to four big wins.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 pm 
All-Conference

Oh yeah they have been doing great! I have noticed much better outreach the last couple of years. Matt was promoted recently and things are on the upswing for sure. I was wondering if they were doing an alumni bus trip or something similar? Heard anything? It`d be great if we could bus in a bunch of rear ends.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:28 am 
All-Conference

Social Media and the PR department have much improved vs. the last few seasons. It's good to see. I don't have to hunt for UCA football content. Hope it translates into butts in the seats...

I can't wait for this game, so can we start the discussion on Tulsa??? I know they had a down year last year and they are picked in the bottom tier again for 2018 in the AAC (which is probably the best G5 conference). Their record is a bit deceiving as they were in several games last year but lost them late. Any insider info would be welcomed...

Looking at their boards, they have some respect for the bears and are not predicting massive blowouts but comfortable wins. Most seem to regurgitate the STATS and hero sports preview on the team. I think both are underestimating the talent we have and the playmaking ability of our skill players. Breylin is an unknown and the O-Line lost some starters but those that are replacing the guys that graduated have playing experience. On the flip side, our defense is going to be stout, and I simply don't see anyone on our schedule being able to control the line against our up front guys. That will translate into turnovers and punts on a number of possessions. If that proves true, we'll be in every game.

Sticking with my earlier prediction UCA 27 - Tulsa 24:
- Brandon Myers has a long TD reception
- Blackmon goes for 100+
- Crossley or another speedster catches a shovel-type misdirection play for a TD
- Terrell has at least 2 sacks
- Breylin goes for 200+ passing with a TD and an INT