It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ESPN+
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:15 pm 
Starter

Anyone tried ESPN+ to view Bears Football Games? If so how is it?

Thinking about downloading from the App Store to my iphone 7 days free trail, says... can cancel at anytime and then only $4.99 a month. Bear football season & then cancel would be what $10-$15.

says... SELA /Bears game streamed Live tonight... is this the only way to watch the game besides in person?

7:00 PM
Central Arkansas vs. Southeastern Louisiana (Football)
espn+

also... found this...
https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/what-is-espn-plus/

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/dis ... much-is-it

sidebar - have watch many bears games on ESPN3 that worked well... on laptop, but never on an iphone, yet - Go Bears !!!

Post subject: Re: ESPN+
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:38 pm 
Starter

Never did try espn+ last year but thinking about signing up this week at $4.99 a month, cancel anytime... looks like for $15 one can get 4 UCA games not normally on TV.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... /_/id/2110

https://plus.espn.com/

From the 1st link above - it looks like the 1st 2 games and the last two games are only on espn+

Has anyone tried espn plus ?

Sidebar - 3 UCA games will be on espn3 - included with my Comcast/Xfinity service

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:59 pm 
Starter

http://www.espn.com/watch/collections/2 ... e-upcoming

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:26 pm 
Starter

Signed up - streaming ESPN+ on my laptop...

All ready for the 1st Bear game - amount Billed: $5.46 (per month) with tax...

Your subscription will continue until you cancel. You may cancel your subscription anytime by logging in to your account and clicking 'My Subscriptions', Emailing or call Customer Support at 1-800-727-1800.

Go Bears !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:44 am 
All-Conference

bearfangrrr wrote:

Your subscription will continue until you cancel. You may cancel your subscription anytime by logging in to your account and clicking 'My Subscriptions', Emailing or call Customer Support at 1-800-727-1800.

Go Bears !

Not too bad. I saw they have 4 ESPN+ games and 3 ESPN3 games. So basically 5 games with no TV or Internet Coverage. Hate the Hawaii game is not currently planned to be streamed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:44 am 
UserName Retired

bearfangrrr wrote:

Go Bears !

I bought it last year and never quit it. ESPN+ has numerous offerings in many sports and non-regional football you can't get on the regular site. I've gotten to see some of my English futball and professional baseball comes open free sometimes. But lots of diversity in sports offerings is why I bought it. They even have Cricket! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:18 pm 
Starter

Just found out my Samsung smart TV has an ESPN app and I can watch ESPN+ (the Bears games on my TV) and don't have to watch it on my laptop, which isn't bad, have watched many games on the laptop, but on the 55" TV is even better !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:45 am 
All-Conference

bearfangrrr wrote:
Just found out my Samsung smart TV has an ESPN app and I can watch ESPN+ (the Bears games on my TV) and don't have to watch it on my laptop, which isn't bad, have watched many games on the laptop, but on the 55" TV is even better !

You can also run a HDMI cable to your laptop as well. That's what I have always done.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 am 
UserName Retired

bearfangrrr wrote:

You can even dowload that app to Samsung if you didn't have it. The "search" function under the apps finds them for you and you download from there. Bunch of other useless apps with Samsung so you have to craft it to what you want.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:16 am 
UserName Retired

I usually will watch the ESPN+ feed on mute and listen to the play-by-play on 91.3 FM. It can be a little out of sync, but I prefer the radio calls to the people they usually get to cover the ESPN+ stream.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:52 am 
All-Conference

joshuca wrote:
I usually will watch the ESPN+ feed on mute and listen to the play-by-play on 91.3 FM. It can be a little out of sync, but I prefer the radio calls to the people they usually get to cover the ESPN+ stream.

You got more patience than me. My ADD won't handle that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:12 pm 
Redshirt

I purchased it before last season and definitely recommend it. Especially if you plan on watching other things than just football. I was able to watch a lot of our away basketball games, baseball games, etc. Well worth the $5 a month IMO.

Plus you can watch other games as well. I was watching UCA's game vs WKU thursday night during our game because I have ESPN+. So it is convenient

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:38 am 
Team Captain

I love having the ability to watch these games if I cannot travel to them. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing Acri and team call the games on the radio, but love watching the game.

That being said...

Who is ESPN contracting out to run the cameras and production truck? These guys do not understand football. They do not do their homework on the tempo of the teams playing and do not know when to go to replay and when not to. Camera angles are bad, and the person working the zoom is not much better.

I'll be glad to watch our Bears play next week in-person.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:34 am 
All-Conference

bwbear wrote:
I love having the ability to watch these games if I cannot travel to them. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing Acri and team call the games on the radio, but love watching the game.

That being said...

Who is ESPN contracting out to run the cameras and production truck? These guys do not understand football. They do not do their homework on the tempo of the teams playing and do not know when to go to replay and when not to. Camera angles are bad, and the person working the zoom is not much better.

I'll be glad to watch our Bears play next week in-person.

I bet it's like a plug in box that they just have the local crew use.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:16 pm 
UserName Retired

My observation with even the ESPN primetime crew is that they use a lot of local staff and bring only a core group of ESPN staff.....no doubt more than with ESPN3 or ESPN+.....