It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Donte Jones
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:43 pm 
Practice Squad

Heard from someone at practice today that Jones might be seriously thinking about transferring because Coach Scales and Coach Williams had the young man behind several of the newcomers today in the rotations and that he barely got any reps. That Coach Williams wasn't high on Jones coming out of high school and that Coach Howard was really high on him but Howard is now at Memphis. That Scales really likes the guys that he's recruiting from out of state. Got a feeling Jones might not be around to much longer but I might be wrong who knows.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:21 pm 
Team Captain

Isn’t he coming off a ACL surgery from last year? Also, is only a second year guy...redshirt freshman. Hopefully he’ll continue to work and get in the rotation. We have always had success with northwest Arkansas bears!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 pm 
UserName Retired

So the kid is behind someone now? That's the reason he wants to transfer? First he has so much talent he might transfer now said talent has him behind others he might transfer? :roll:

Stop.

If coach didn't see talent in him to start with he wouldn't have made him a Bear.

If the kid really has this mindset he'd better talk with the coaches to find out his options.

Or he could just GO TO WORK and get that spot back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 pm 
Practice Squad

BearCountry wrote:
So the kid is behind someone now? That's the reason he wants to transfer? First he has so much talent he might transfer now said talent has him behind others he might transfer? :roll:

Stop.

If coach didn't see talent in him to start with he wouldn't have made him a Bear.

If the kid really has this mindset he'd better talk with the coaches to find out his options.

Or he could just GO TO WORK and get that spot back.

Sometimes when your position coach leaves and you're stuck with a coach that didn't recruit you and on top of that you're coming back from an ACL injury. The new position coach going to give the young guys he recruited himself a chance at playing first. This happens every where and that's why guys transfer and get a fresh start. Now if after the season the young man decides to transfer because he might think has a better opportunity elsewhere. Then I wish him the best and from my understanding he's a great kid from a really great family. Also, I was told there are several other kids that has expressed maybe transferring after this season. I heard a QB, a couple of the WRs, a couple of DBs and 1 or 2 other players on defense but didn't get their positions they play.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:48 pm 
All-Conference

That's why we are selected pre-season #1. We are loaded with talent. This is the exact same problem all winning programs have. So be it. Saying that, I hope he stays and ends up kicking ass. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:39 am 
Practice Squad

Talked to one of his former coaches yesterday that said the young man isn't going anywhere. Because he's a winner and quitting is not in his family makeup.
That he worked extremely hard to come back from that ACL surgery and he not shying away from competition because he comes from a winning program.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:30 am 
All-Conference

Did he redshirt last year? If so, he still has plenty of playing time left in his career. Even if he only gets a few games in this year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:02 pm 
UserName Retired

NWABear wrote:
Talked to one of his former coaches yesterday that said the young man isn't going anywhere. Because he's a winner and quitting is not in his family makeup.
That he worked extremely hard to come back from that ACL surgery and he not shying away from competition because he comes from a winning program.

GREAT!

UCA gets NFL looks and kids drafted. This isn't D2 anymore.
Coach Brown WILL use him. He always uses his resources to the best of their abilities.

Patience is the key. If he was injured and makes a comeback like I expect him to, then everything will be fine. He will LOVE playing in the SLC. =D>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm 
Practice Squad

Mulerider wrote:
Did he redshirt last year? If so, he still has plenty of playing time left in his career. Even if he only gets a few games in this year.

I believe he did redshirt because the UCA online roster has him listed as a redshirt freshman.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:03 am 
UserName Retired

If he's that good he could become the next Robert Rochell ! =D>

Scouts are looking!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:27 am 
Practice Squad

Heard he's been practicing with the scout team defense because they trying to bring him along slowly and don't want to just rush him back out there to fast. Because the receiver Brandon Myers that had season ending knee surgery last season. Had or has to get arthroscopic surgery on the same knee and will be out 2 or 3 weeks now. Also, hearing a few players have shoulder injuries and at least one linebacker has to have shoulder surgery. A few players are also nursing hamstring tightness as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:17 pm 
Redshirt

Jones didn't even travel with the team the first 2 games. The practices I have attended he barely got reps with the defense during those practices. Seem like the coaches gave up on the guy after he got hurt last fall. Good kid and hopes he sticks around but it looks doubtful in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 am 
Practice Squad

With Covid does he not get chance to be considered additional RS for 2021?

UCA playing for nothing unless paycheck for the Bank of Teaugue.

Kid should not play rest that wheel.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:45 am 
Redshirt

I think he will still have 4yrs to play after this season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:59 pm 
All-Conference

Toadsuckhoops wrote:
With Covid does he not get chance to be considered additional RS for 2021?

UCA playing for nothing unless paycheck for the Bank of Teaugue.

Kid should not play rest that wheel.

Playing for national audiences is not nothing. Having the kids not play two football seasons in 9 months is not nothing as well.

If you don't want us to play money games, donate more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next