It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Donte Jones
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:07 am 
Redshirt

huggy_bear wrote:
Toadsuckhoops wrote:
With Covid does he not get chance to be considered additional RS for 2021?

UCA playing for nothing unless paycheck for the Bank of Teaugue.

Kid should not play rest that wheel.

Playing for national audiences is not nothing. Having the kids not play two football seasons in 9 months is not nothing as well.

If you don't want us to play money games, donate more.

Well if their going to play this season with all this covid going on. Then they need to be honest and handle the covid issues correctly. If players are testing positive and UCA is waiting several days to quarantine roommates/teammates/coaches because they don't want a big portion of their football team in quarantine. Just because they didn't want either one of the first two games to be cancelled or have to stop all football activities. Then that's a problem and President Davis, Brad Teague and Coach Brown should be ashamed of themselves for putting the players health at risk because they want to play football. So they need to start handling the covid issues correctly and stop trying to cover up the true number of players and coaches that suppose to be in quarantine. Because I'm being told that at least half the football team should have been in quarantine this week but the school has found a way to manipulate the situation so they can play this Saturday. Now this information is coming from several individuals at the school.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 pm 
All-Conference

hard to argue with unsubstantiated facts. i don't believe anyone has fallen ill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:26 pm 
Practice Squad

huggy_bear wrote:
hard to argue with unsubstantiated facts. i don't believe anyone has fallen ill

You can believe what you want to believe. I had a conversation with two people from UCA that confirmed there were 3 or 4 players that tested positive that were having flu like symptoms just last week. Said a bunch of the receivers went into quarantine last week but a lot of those guys were practicing this week. One of the starting receivers tested positive last week and he was back practicing some this week and will probably play Saturday. My sources have no reason to make this stuff up because they're in Conway at the school every day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:16 pm 
All-Conference

if you, or the person you heard from that heard from someone, say so. i don’t believe the conspiracy that teague and brown are engineering a way to conceal covid stats to play football. nothing i’ve read is nothing more than hearsay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:38 pm 
Practice Squad

huggy_bear wrote:
if you, or the person you heard from that heard from someone, say so. i don’t believe the conspiracy that teague and brown are engineering a way to conceal covid stats to play football. nothing i’ve read is nothing more than hearsay

Like I said, believe what you want to believe. There was a player that tested positive that was having flu like symptoms seveal days ago that was standing on the sidelines last night during the football game. That came directly from a family member of that player's roommate I spoke to last night after the game. His roommate wasn't even in quarantine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:13 pm 
Team Captain

NWAbear you’re silly. This virus is far too serious and strict for that to happen. I’m sure Dr Teague and Coach Brown aren’t pulling any strong with the CDC and ADH to have them overlook positive tests.

Let’s look at the positives here. They’re playing football and have been limiting the spread. They test every week and seem to be doing well. Can’t ask for much more.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:43 pm 
Practice Squad

No I'm not silly. So you have your opinions and I have facts. If I were to name my sources at the University they probably wouldn't have jobs tomorrow. The positive tests and the people that should be getting quarantine are low because they want it to be.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:05 pm 
Redshirt

How Coach Brown and Brad Teague is handling the Title IX situation so far. I wouldn't put anything passed them at this moment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:12 pm 
Starter

Does anyone know, does this forum have admins and rules? :roll: just asking...

Similar to to other forums ? One example: https://www.hogville.net/rules/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

I guess because I have the account I'm the admin. However, I only end up coming around when someone alerts me of a reason. As you can guess by the small number of users and posts, we haven't needed frequent moderation or official rules. I'm guessing since we started 15+ years ago we have moderated fewer than 5 comments/threads.

After quickly reading through this thread I'm not sure any of the statements made here would rise to a standard that would be an issue. No player or user was being attacked. People complain about coaches and ADs all the time. They are public figures. Maybe I'm missing it but this is just how message boards work. Just because people are disagreeing about what both believe are facts isn't a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:06 pm 
All-Conference

NWABear wrote:
No I'm not silly. So you have your opinions and I have facts. If I were to name my sources at the University they probably wouldn't have jobs tomorrow. The positive tests and the people that should be getting quarantine are low because they want it to be.

I highly doubt the powers that be are scouring this site for information. If it's this important, why aren't the "sources" not speaking up about this? If people's lives are at risk because teague and brown are to worried about playing money games, then the people that are working for the university or directly under the football department are accomplices, no?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:30 pm 
Team Captain

I agree, if that is really happening you can’t hide that. Not this day and age. If coach brown and dr Teague and president davis have a system in place to mask this virus it will come out. Hard for me to believe they do, but opinions are to each their own.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:55 am 
Redshirt

I spoke to two guys that I know on the phone this morning that have sons on the team. Both of them told me their sons haven't been quarantined at all and that their sons roommates both tested positive for the virus. The roommates are both football players as well. So did the two parents I know lie to me about this or did they just make this crap up? I do know that it has been people that has called the number the NCAA provided to report concerns like this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:55 am 
All-Conference

Great. I guess when can expect sanctions then

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:41 pm 
Practice Squad

huggy_bear wrote:
Great. I guess when can expect sanctions then

There were 3 or 4 guys that tested positive yesterday on the team and they are in quarantine. But none of the other players in those position groups didn't quarantine and they still traveled this weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next