It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: ACU
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:19 am 
Team Captain

joshuca wrote:
It will be hot, but at least it is a 6 PM kickoff and not 2!! I think we should have a pretty good crowd on hand. The home opener is usually the best-attended game of the year by students (except Homecoming, which doesn't count because they leave at halftime anyway).
Apparently, someone listens somewhere. They have moved the KidsZone out of the endzone and put it over on the practice field! I have reached out on twitter about the "Beyond the Stripes" and have yet to hear anything...

To me it seems like a bigger security risk being at the practice field. Inside the stadium there is at least a fence around it. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

My kids are all too old to do it (although I enjoyed getting their season tickets and a t-shirt for $65 for all 3).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:21 am 
UserName Retired

Apparently it is only for pregame. It will close 30 minutes prior to kick-off.

2019 Gameday

Quote:
KIDZ ZONE
Hiland Dairy Kidz Zone will be moved to Bear Grounds this season. There will be no cost to enter the Kidz Zone and it will be shut down 30 minutes prior to the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:22 am 
UserName Retired

Also, for those visiting (check out the link in the post above for complete info):

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 am 
Redshirt

Just a note about ACU v North Texas. There were no garbage time points. UNT played its starters until after the 6:00 min mark of the 4th. All of our points were scored against their front line. That being said, the Wildcats got off to the worst possible start so the game was never in doubt.

I watched a lot of the Bears' games against WKU and Peay. I was impressed with your confidence and ability to overcome difficulty. Three things I really liked were the play of the DBs, the Smith to Winningham connection, and the special teams' ability to reverse field position.

I haven't forgotten that we got a whole 6 yards rushing last year against you. The Bears were banged up, ACU was banged up. It was an ugly game but you guys were less ugly. I'm hoping for a more entertaining contest.

So, we think we might have a pretty good team but we don't know much from our first two games. Conversely, we know that the Bears are very good and should be the favorite. We can probably contain the running game and our offense is probably better than you've played or at least more diverse. But slowing down Breylin and company...I'm not sure we have a chance....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:01 am 
All-Conference

ACUCattitude wrote:
Just a note about ACU v North Texas. There were no garbage time points. UNT played its starters until after the 6:00 min mark of the 4th. All of our points were scored against their front line. That being said, the Wildcats got off to the worst possible start so the game was never in doubt.

I watched a lot of the Bears' games against WKU and Peay. I was impressed with your confidence and ability to overcome difficulty. Three things I really liked were the play of the DBs, the Smith to Winningham connection, and the special teams' ability to reverse field position.

I haven't forgotten that we got a whole 6 yards rushing last year against you. The Bears were banged up, ACU was banged up. It was an ugly game but you guys were less ugly. I'm hoping for a more entertaining contest.

So, we think we might have a pretty good team but we don't know much from our first two games. Conversely, we know that the Bears are very good and should be the favorite. We can probably contain the running game and our offense is probably better than you've played or at least more diverse. But slowing down Breylin and company...I'm not sure we have a chance....

That purple field & grey field sure doesn't help either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:36 am 
Redshirt

ACUCattitude wrote:

Ditto. Much respect for UCA and love for Coach Collums. Just between us, I see the winner of this game winning the conference. Hope it's an entertaining, injury-free game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 am 
Redshirt

The ACU game doesn’t seem to be generating much interest around here. Kind of slow traffic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:21 am 
Starter

Hoping for a good crowd on hand tomorrow and I think we’ll have one. We are, after all, one of the few teams in AR actually playing winning football. I know I’ll be there. I say good guys win 31-24.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:54 am 
UserName Retired

I think we are all a little cautious about this game. We've shown that we can win, but have yet to have a complete game. It's only a matter of time before teams figure out how to shut down a one-dimensional team. We've got to get the running game opened up or it could go downhill really quickly!
That said, I think being at home (FINALLY) will really get the guys amped up and we should see a more complete game this time around.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:41 pm 
Redshirt

joshuca wrote:
I think we are all a little cautious about this game. We've shown that we can win, but have yet to have a complete game. It's only a matter of time before teams figure out how to shut down a one-dimensional team. We've got to get the running game opened up or it could go downhill really quickly!
That said, I think being at home (FINALLY) will really get the guys amped up and we should see a more complete game this time around.
I saw Crossley play in high school and had hopes he might stay closer to home (Abilene, maybe?), but alas he traded the purple/gold of Everman for the purple/white of UCA. He and Blackman scare me so I'm hoping our D is ready for them. Quite a collection of RBs on the field tomorrow and I'll feel much better if our three (or four or five)-headed RB monster is moving the chains (unlike last year).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 pm 
All-Conference

ACU87 wrote:
joshuca wrote:
I saw Crossley play in high school and had hopes he might stay closer to home (Abilene, maybe?), but alas he traded the purple/gold of Everman for the purple/white of UCA. He and Blackman scare me so I'm hoping our D is ready for them. Quite a collection of RBs on the field tomorrow and I'll feel much better if our three (or four or five)-headed RB monster is moving the chains (unlike last year).

As UCA is leading right now in passing and ACU in running. I have a feeling both of those forces will still be dominant. However, I feel like the key to the game is ACU getting their passing game going, UCA getting their run game going. This should be a close one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:02 am 
UserName Retired

IT’S GAMEDAY!!!! GO BEARS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:29 am 
Two-Time All-American

BPSG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:57 pm 
Starter

Ready for 6:00 to get here. Will have to play well since ACU seems to be much improved, but still feeling confident about this one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:32 pm 
All-Conference

With a win over WKU has put a target on the backs of the Bears. I love Bear football. Go Bears Go

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next