It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:34 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

they will be all on the internet unless otherwise notified. At least all of UCA's games will be on the net again via Yahoo! Broadcast one more year. This is the last year of the Yahoo! and UCA agreement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:24 pm 
UserName Retired

She was probably talking about television BF101 (since that is what is being discussed :))

I think she's listened to the radio broadcasts in years past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:32 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

well then she got bonus information from me then anyway!

But does the NCAA allow live netcasting of games? I know MLB, and maybe NFL,NBA do, but not so sure about NCAA. Or if the NCAA does, is it for anything other than March Madness or something big to that affect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:44 pm 
Team Captain

It's not that unusual.

The Sun Belt has consistently refused to pay for coverage (be on TV for free is another issue).

Paying for time isn't unusual.

The Southland has in the past (and maybe still) paid to be on Fox SW. I know McNeese has rarely appeared on Fox SW for home games because they refuse to change their start times AND pay for the right to be on TV.

There are a lot of leagues with similar arrangements but they tend to like to hide the deal. They charge an annual membership fee to the schools and then take the proceeds of the "fee" and buy TV time.

The presidents around the Sun Belt have been pretty staunch that they will take any TV that doesn't require them to cut a check to the network. You get less exposure as a result.

When it comes to week night games, the MWC is moving off ESPN after this season because CSTV was willing to pay them good money without requiring they play on crazy days like ESPN wanted. This is the third year in a row that ESPN has offered the Belt an extra telecast if they would play a Wednesday night game but none of the Bible Belt (uh Sun Belt) schools has ever agreed to host a Wednesday night game. ASU turned down an offer to play on the Monday of Labor Day against Mizzou in order to keep the game on a Saturday because ASU fans have enough hassle getting to KC as it is. Playing on Monday evening would have meant missing a day of work.

For the GSC, any exposure beats none. Personally I think it is a HORRIBLE deal for UCA, Tech, Henderson, Ouachita, and Harding because CSSE is currently only available on Comcast in Little Rock. It is not available on Dish Network or DirectTV. The network is widely available in the rest of the GSC markets so it makes sense for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:51 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I agree with your last paragraph, what good of a deal is it going to be when your team is playing and you cant watch it except in one area of Arkansas. I'm sure they are wanting to market thses games, but unless a GSC title is on the line or you are one hard core GSC fan, who is going to tune in religiously for a UCA-Tech or a Harding-UAM game in the heart of Miss or Alabama if you have no personal investment in the game (relatives, alumni...)
Like me up here, hypothetically, I wouldnt watch any game unless UCA was on or there was literally not another game on TV. And I'm sure there are others in their area that feel the same way about their schools and none others.

hey arkstfan, do you know any about netcasing of games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:13 pm 
Team Captain

I listen to every game broadcast via Yahoo since I can't attend. It'd just be nice to be able to view one live. I don't get Comcast here in San Antonio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:25 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Yea I don't think they would stream it over the internet. Like you said I think it would be kinda start to pick it up in San Antonio. Maybe when we go Division 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:32 pm 
UserName Retired

Ha, that's two times now you guys have given qb5mom irrelevant info.
If/when we make the move, her son will no longer be qb5.

By the way, qb15mom, nice job changing your user name! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:49 pm 
Team Captain

Had to change my username since his number got changed....I'm a VERY PROUD UCA BEAR MOM!!! GO BEARS GO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:52 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

ucaqb5mom wrote:
Had to change my username since his number got changed....I'm a VERY PROUD UCA BEAR MOM!!! GO BEARS GO!!!

How are summer workouts going? Have you talked to him bout those lately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:59 pm 
Two-Time All-American

How much you wanna bet it's hott! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:23 pm 
Team Captain

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
hey arkstfan, do you know any about netcasing of games?

Video or audio?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:24 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

whatever ucaqb5mom is looking for, but I'm assuming video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:30 pm 
Team Captain

He says he's extremely confident in the talent and athletisism of his team and the coaching staff has been great. Workouts are going well and he is still going to speed camp and throws regularly to stay in shape. I really believe that our Bears are going to have a winning season this year, as they are all working toward this common goal. Physicals take place on the 3rd of August. I just pray that our Bears are all healthy and ready for some FOOTBALL!!! I'm counting down the days!!! GO BEARS GO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:35 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

ucaqb5mom wrote:
He says he's extremely confident in the talent and athletisism of his team and the coaching staff has been great. Workouts are going well and he is still going to speed camp and throws regularly to stay in shape. I really believe that our Bears are going to have a winning season this year, as they are all working toward this common goal. Physicals take place on the 3rd of August. I just pray that our Bears are all healthy and ready for some FOOTBALL!!! I'm counting down the days!!! GO BEARS GO!!!

Keep the updates coming, any update is good news for us. I doubt the media will start any kind of updates until the season or practice starts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next