It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: McNeese
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:24 pm 
All-Conference

im Ready for a steady diet of mindless scripted offense with no adjustments until the 4th Q

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:35 pm 
UserName Retired

+1 would be great....10 would be wonderful….another big game...…….plan for both my seats to be full....Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:09 am 
Two-Time All-American

Based off of the past history when these two play...I have no reason
to think this one would be anything less than dogfight as usual.

BPSG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:58 pm 
UserName Retired

FOOT84 wrote:
Based off of the past history when these two play...I have no reason
to think this one would be anything less than dogfight as usual.

BPSG

Yes it will.

What I hope for:

Change the game plan from all the other games we played this year. It's a formula that has worked in some games but as the season went on it got shut down. Oline please block. CBs please defend the pass and not give them 10 yard cushions. :lol: Score in every quarter...especially early.

PACK THE STANDS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm 
Starter

huggy_bear wrote:
im Ready for a steady diet of mindless scripted offense with no adjustments until the 4th Q

Better yet, no adjustments at all!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 pm 
UserName Retired

So, another important game.....SLC standings as of now....

SHS, 3-0
NSU, 2-0
SLU, 2-1
UIW, 2-1
HBU, 1-1
UCA, 1-1
LU, 1-2
MSU, 1-2
SFA, 1-2
ACU, 1-3

We beat the last place team and lost to the leader.....how will we do vs the middle?

As we know Bears have three come from behind mad hatter finish D1 wins, an FBS loss that we played pretty well after middle Q1 and a complete bust at Thibadoux…

Cowboys are 3-3 overall ...a home opener win by 38-24 over Southern....a 56-14 road FBS loss at the Big Orange......a 17-14 home win over Alcorn State.....a 17-10 road loss to ACU.....a 28-17 home loss to SHS....a 38-34 home win over SLU....for trivia lovers, McNeese would be at the top of the SWAC..... I doubt that impresses their fans...the wins over ACU ( we know how well they can play) and SLU standout….at least Alcorn is the best of the SWAC so far....the loss at Stillwater in understandable although they did not play as well as I expected...they seem better than their Sagarin ratings would imply.....

Some Cowboy season stats.....MSU vs opponent....

Ppg…..22 v 30....take out Ok State and it is 23 v 24
Rush/game.....150 v 116
Rush per carry....3.3 v 2.9
Pass/game.....202 v 307
Rush/Pass TDs......4/11 v 5/18
Net punt yds.....41 v 37
FGs.....5/11 v 3/7
Penalties.....79 v 58
3rd downs......27% v 39%
4th downs....54% v 78%
Redzone scores ….75% v 83%

Elijah Mack avg 68 yds rush per game (4.9 per carry) ...QB Cody Orgeron avgs 32 per game....

Orgeron passes avg 201 per game and 53% completion....11 TD passes.....1 every 8 completions....

Cyron Sutton and Trevor Begue lead receivers with a combined 54 catches and avg 15 yds per catch....and account for 8 of the 11 passing TDs....4 others with a catch of 20+ yards....

This should be a close game.....I am guessing MSU is not at Nicholls level (at least not yet) and surely we will not play as poorly as we did at Nicholls...…...may come down to field position and FGs....and getting enough o-line protection to get LW and others downfield 4-5 times....we should have an edge at QB, WR and kicking game......RBs maybe favor MSU a little....have to play better defense than last week.....

Bears 27-24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:07 am 
UserName Retired

IT’S GAMEDAY! GO BEARS!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:57 pm 
UserName Retired

Leaving for the game now!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:13 pm 
Starter

I see the defense decided to sit this game out once again

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:42 pm 
Team Captain

Someone put out a missings person broadcast. Our DB’s have gone missing tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:20 pm 
UserName Retired

I have to say that I was impressed with the crowd that was there today! It was ugly at times, but I'll take the win any day!!

GO BEARS!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 pm 
Team Captain

Josh, was thinking the same thing: Crowd tonight was incredible. Well, the numbers were incredible, but they sat on their butts and made zero noise when we needed it. More on that in a bit.

I just want to say that I was impressed with the Bears tonight. Big mistake early, get down, but instead of just compounding mistake with mistakes, they did what we do best: Spread the ball around, make progress, and win.

Here's my breakdown.

Offense:

I got a sick feeing when Breylin through that first interception. Threw into double coverage. I'm not sure if he did not see the safety cut over or what. BUT....Breylin only had one other pass tonight that was less than stellar (minus the intentional grounding), and it was his other interception (just under threw that route by a couple of yards). Other than that, he played well. He moved with the pocket as needed, ran when needed, was patient and did not rush passes when under pressure.

The other side of the equation, though, needed help at times. Winningham needs to run his routes. He had three the first half where he was nowhere near where he needed to be. Breylin just had his hands in the air. Ken Collums had to have several talks with him about running the routes. It was quite obvious he was not on the same page as the calls.

This has been an on-going problem this year. This has to be fixed.

We did not run for big yards tonight, but the game plan was pass first (which is what it needed to be). But, when we did run, we accomplished what we needed to.

I've been critical of the OC this year. I still scratch my heads on some of the play calling. I will say tonight was about as good of a game plan as we have seen this year.

Defense

Juan Jackson was getting abused in the first half. Credit to their QB, he played well. We held them when we needed, but simply gave up too many yards. Still no contain on the QB. Our DB's are just getting beat this year.

Up front, we were pretty good. We got to Orgeron a lot. Unfortunately, he broke for big yards a lot of times. But, we made him have to make plays. We shut down their running back for most of the night. Credit to the men up front, they won the game for us.

Special Teams

How many times are we going to kick the ball out of bounds? After the third time, Nathan had to talk to the kicker. On the fourth, Nathan looked a bit frustrated.

FG's were on point tonight from Ray.

Other thoughts:

It was good to see the scoreboard working. And it was nice hearing the white hat call the penalties. Much better experience there.

However, our DJ needs to take a simple hint: Don't play music when we are on offense between plays.

Also, our crowd. I'm glad people showed up, but make some noise people! 3rd down, 4th down for McNeese, and we are just sitting down like we're watching a movie. My wife and I would stand up and try to make noise, but we're only two people: We needed the few thousand in the upper deck to get up too!

Finally, I'm glad we finally got another home game! It stinks that it is mid-October and we have only had two home games. It was great to watch a game On The Stripes tonight!

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:26 am 
Two-Time All-American

It's a win...I will take it...

BPSG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:58 pm 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:03 pm 
UserName Retired

Nice win...…….best game of the season for Bears....Breylin had much better protection and was sharper......still he under threw a few including the 2nd INT and he and LJ were clearly not on the same page 3-4 times....12 different Bears had 1 or more catches....68% completion rate and 13+ yards per catch.....Carlos really ran hard even though only 57 yards and none bigger than the last carry for the first down that let UCA end the game....plus a big catch and run for the TD....and Hales coming off the bench made the best of his first snap of the season...a very well thrown ball for the TD...defense gave up a lot and the throwback TD McNeese pulled is just unfathomable how we let that happen unless the defender fell that I did not see....but they made numerous big plays to stop drives and let's not forget Hayden Ray had 16 huge points on 4/4 FGs and 4/4 PATs.…

Give Cowboys credit...….. Orgeron was much more productive than his season to date would suggest and the RB Elijah Mack is a taller version of Blackman...the WR Cyron Sutton would look very good in a Bear uniform.....

Attendance was 11,137.....still room for some more and we can be more vocal but my lower west section was almost full and more vocal.....the student section was 85% full and pretty much all game.....BMB and Cheer engaged all game.....thought McNeese would have more fans with them..... and the board worked pretty well all night....

Much improved over Nicholls game....got to do it again every week for now on....somehow need to get four more wins.... Northwestern State gave Nicholls a handful and we can expect them to be ready for us next Saturday…...Go Bears!!