It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NWSU
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:18 pm 
2nd Team

I sure hope no players read this board :shock: That would be demoralizing to be 5-2 and be called a fraud. In reality, the team has been lackluster in the first half of games, but has effectively asserted themselves in the second half. A full game from this team will be something of beauty, and I have full confidence we'll see it this weekend. Try not to jump off the bandwagon just yet, as this team is showing it can find ways to win in tough situations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:37 pm 
Team Captain

BearOnCampus wrote:
I sure hope no players read this board :shock: That would be demoralizing to be 5-2 and be called a fraud. In reality, the team has been lackluster in the first half of games, but has effectively asserted themselves in the second half. A full game from this team will be something of beauty, and I have full confidence we'll see it this weekend. Try not to jump off the bandwagon just yet, as this team is showing it can find ways to win in tough situations.

Perhaps it will inspire them to Play a complete game?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:33 pm 
Team Captain

BearOnCampus wrote:

I agree with this.

Are we frauds? No. We're winning the games we are supposed to. We lost the 2 games that we were supposed to (Nicholls was a near coin-flip). We have weaknesses. Game prep. Secondary. Run game. Not frauds, though.

We've had a 4 quarter effort with McNeese. Sure, our weaknesses were taken advantage of there at times, but our strengths came out: Adjustments, especially on defense.

On the AGS board, I've always said we're a top 20 team. When we were getting ranked in the top 10, I was cautious. I still believe we are a top 20 team, and we'll at least be a playoff team. I think we're young and inexperienced this year but still playing good enough to win.

That's important.

These guys know how to win. They know how to finish. That is going to be invaluable going into the next two years as these men grow physically, learn more, and take it to future years.

Are we frauds? No. These guys are fighters. We've just got to come out to fight starting from Q1 on the road.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:49 pm 
2nd Team

1868Alumni wrote:
BearOnCampus wrote:

Perhaps it will inspire them to Play a complete game?

Are you sure you're a fan?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:41 am 
UserName Retired

I guess us fans are just confused.

We see a team that is 0-6 and even a team struggling in areas should have very little problem with beating. Yet we were holding our breath they didn't convert on a two point conversion to win it for them.

We are 6-2 and we can't figure out why or how.

I just believe we are better than what we've played and if not the next few teams will expose us in embarrassing ways.

I'll still be there to cheer them on but we HAVE to have at least ONE game where we dominate. This barely having a pulse and needing a cardiac jump isn't going to work to win our conference.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:59 am 
All-Conference

We were lucky to win that game. UCA needs to step up. You boys are better than this. Let's go get Sam Houston!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:17 am 
Two-Time All-American

Darkcloud wrote:
No consistency and discipline! Brown won’t play some who should play. Expect some transfers I’d bet! It’s embarrassing to watch.

You have made this statement
more than once... just who do
you think need to be playing?

Give us a clue, we would like to
know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:23 pm 
Team Captain

huggy_bear wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:
I agree with you all...it really sucks to be 5-2, 3-1

Might as well go ahead and forfeit the remaining games
on the schedule because WE ARE FRAUDS. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BPSG

2 missed FGs away from 3-4. Stats don’t lie, and neither will SHSU

Auburn played for the national championship in 2013 and won about 4-5 games that they should have lost. Good teams find a way to win close games, we aren't going to blow everyone out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:59 pm 
Practice Squad

Frauds! Not hardly! I wouldn't call any team that has won over 70% of their games a fraud! I totally expected NWU to play hard., being homecoming and advantage of their home field to play with a chip on their shoulder. A win is a win! Go Bears! Beat Sam Houston! I am proud of our team!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:47 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Darkcloud wrote:
No consistency and discipline! Brown won’t play some who should play. Expect some transfers I’d bet! It’s embarrassing to watch.

So you joined UCA Fans 2 weeks ago and you already know that Coach
Brown won't play certain players...

You need to go on back and support the Hogs and leave the winning program
in the state alone...talk about embarrassing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 am 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 am 
Two-Time All-American

Ma Bear wrote:
Frauds! Not hardly! I wouldn't call any team that has won over 70% of their games a fraud! I totally expected NWU to play hard., being homecoming and advantage of their home field to play with a chip on their shoulder. A win is a win! Go Bears! Beat Sam Houston! I am proud of our team!

AMEN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:22 pm 
All-Conference

gobears14 wrote:
huggy_bear wrote:
FOOT84 wrote:
I agree with you all...it really sucks to be 5-2, 3-1

Might as well go ahead and forfeit the remaining games
on the schedule because WE ARE FRAUDS. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BPSG

2 missed FGs away from 3-4. Stats don’t lie, and neither will SHSU

Auburn played for the national championship in 2013 and won about 4-5 games that they should have lost. Good teams find a way to win close games, we aren't going to blow everyone out.

Happy we’ve won these tight games, but not playing 4 quarters and major line deficiencies will catch up.