It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lamar
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:37 pm 
Team Captain

Granted Lamar is beat up, especially on offense, but maybe we have finally shaken the monkey off our back regarding slow starts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:27 pm 
UserName Retired

Great showing by the Bears right now!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm 
All-Conference

Good showing and came out ready. The running game is simply baffling.

Thought our LBs played extremely well

How is Hudson not playing power 5 football?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:22 pm 
Team Captain

Wow, where to start (and for once a good way):

I think we're seeing the Bear team we all thought we could have this year. I was fully expecting being down 1-2 scores at some point. Yes, Lamar is banged up. Yes, their offense does not have a clear-cut leader. But we have not been strong against running QB's. We let them move some the first half, but stayed stout against the run.

Offense

Don't know what we can say negatively here, outside of the run game. The biggest "negative" was the fumble that really was not a fumble. I cannot believe they did not review that.

Breylin was on point. The receivers are simply beast. We know we're not a great running team, but we don't have to hand the ball off to effectively use our RB's. We saw that with the swing pass to Carlos.

Defense

They played the ultimate "bend, don't break". They knew they would be one dimensional, and outside of a few decent runs, never let them get into a rhythm. I don't really know which was more impressive, the defense or the offense.

huggy_bear wrote:

I don't know either, but heck, I'm glad he's one of us! Same with Breylin. A lot of in-state people cannot believe he's not up on the hill (I don't think he would have gone regardless due to his family's ties here). But Hudson is a beast. Hampton is a beast. Our weakness is our run block on the offensive line, but hey, when you have the weapons we have, you can throw until they start figuring out and then unleash Carlos to get a few yards here and there. Last week he did not get a lot of reps but still ran for 5+ a carry. It is just who we are.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 pm 
All-Conference

bwbear wrote:
Wow, where to start (and for once a good way):

I think we're seeing the Bear team we all thought we could have this year. I was fully expecting being down 1-2 scores at some point. Yes, Lamar is banged up. Yes, their offense does not have a clear-cut leader. But we have not been strong against running QB's. We let them move some the first half, but stayed stout against the run.

Offense

Don't know what we can say negatively here, outside of the run game. The biggest "negative" was the fumble that really was not a fumble. I cannot believe they did not review that.

Breylin was on point. The receivers are simply beast. We know we're not a great running team, but we don't have to hand the ball off to effectively use our RB's. We saw that with the swing pass to Carlos.

Defense

They played the ultimate "bend, don't break". They knew they would be one dimensional, and outside of a few decent runs, never let them get into a rhythm. I don't really know which was more impressive, the defense or the offense.

huggy_bear wrote:

I don't know either, but heck, I'm glad he's one of us! Same with Breylin. A lot of in-state people cannot believe he's not up on the hill (I don't think he would have gone regardless due to his family's ties here). But Hudson is a beast. Hampton is a beast. Our weakness is our run block on the offensive line, but hey, when you have the weapons we have, you can throw until they start figuring out and then unleash Carlos to get a few yards here and there. Last week he did not get a lot of reps but still ran for 5+ a carry. It is just who we are.

He’s probably thankful he’s not apart of that sh*tshow in Fayetteville

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:18 pm 
Team Captain

huggy_bear wrote:

I don't know if this is the nicest way to describe it, or not strong enough to describe it.

All I can say is I enjoy devoting my time, money, and forum time to a winning brand of football.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:30 pm 
UserName Retired

Fine game by Bears from Q1 on.....Breylin might get FCS POW this week with this 2nd career game.....I had to follow the game on livestats only....the group I was around were long time fans of at least 8 teams (7 FBS and one FCS).....the team I heard talked admiringly about most were Memphis and...……………...UCA...….I could not help to point out the common link...…..we are making progress on and off the field....pretty impressive performance today....Go Bears!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:33 am 
Practice Squad

How relaxing was this game to watch&

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:11 am 
All-Conference

bwbear wrote:
huggy_bear wrote:

I don't know if this is the nicest way to describe it, or not strong enough to describe it.

All I can say is I enjoy devoting my time, money, and forum time to a winning brand of football.

All I can say is that Bear “winning brand of football” has been going strong for over 40 years and the program deserves much more recognition and support. =D> =D>
Here’s hoping more fans and alumni jump on board! Special thanks to those on this site for spreading the word!

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:36 pm 
Two-Time All-American

The media and a
Big % of the alumni
Base are frauds.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:35 am 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:39 am 
Team Captain

FOOT84 wrote:
The media and a
Big % of the alumni
Base are frauds.

I think I said it last year, and I'll say it again: Having Justin Acri as our radio broadcaster is helping. RJ being on the sidelines and on a different show helps as well. We need to be more of the lead story on the TV stations rather than an "also ran" against a 2-7 FBS team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:42 am 
Two-Time All-American

Agree...Acri, Kane
and RJ are the Bears
only voice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:42 pm 
All-Conference

Kyle Decklebaum and Ben Creighton have been consistently reporting on the bears this season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:47 pm 
Two-Time All-American

huggy_bear wrote:
Kyle Decklebaum and Ben Creighton have been consistently reporting on the bears this season.

I'm shocked... but that's good to hear