It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recruits
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 am 
UserName Retired

Post subject: Re: Recruits
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:36 am 
Team Captain

I have heard Coach Brown say several times that recruiting is at an all time high. I would think they’ll pull in a few more riding the SLC championship and being a top 10 ranked team. Exciting times now and for the future with this team and staff.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:46 pm 
Redshirt

Does anyone know what commitments we have on board?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 pm 
Team Captain

Two things will continue to help us in recruiting between now and February:

1. We need to pack out Estes for the playoff game.
2. We need to win the first game.
3. We need to give NDSU all they can handle.

Making the playoffs is one thing, making a run in them will generate exponential more excitement for young men looking at playing here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:41 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
Reed Hughes
@reedhughes22
·
Dec 9
Blessed to receive a Preferred Walk On from the University of Central Arkansas!! #rollbears
@BrooksHollings3

@NathanBrownUCA

Ladies and gentlemen. I know Reed personally. I know he is likely to go to an SEC school. I get that. But UCA should be offering this kid a FULL scholarship. That kid has another motor. I have seen players that excel on the field for many reasons. He is a freak. He is a head hunter. He plays on another level. His speed to the tackle. His field smarts. His understanding of the game and his work ethic in the weight room. His positive attitude with teammates lifts them up. Kid is UCA material...not PWO material.

Maybe I'm just confused as to what it takes to get a full ride but I have seen Auburn drooling over this kid. All I know is if he was a safety/LB on this team then that 10 - 15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage is LOCKED DOWN.

C'mon coaches....don't be out coached, I mean out scholarshiped for this kid. :oops:

Last edited by BearCountry on Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:00 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Quote:
Reed Hughes
@reedhughes22
·
Dec 9
Blessed to receive a Preferred Walk On from the University of Central Arkansas!! #rollbears
@BrooksHollings3

@NathanBrownUCA

Ladies and gentlemen. I know Reed personally. I know he is likely to go to an SEC school. I get that. But UCA should be offering this kid a FULL scholarship. That kid has another motor. I have seen players that excel on the field for many reasons. He is a freak. He is a head hunter. He plays on another level. His speed to the tackle. His field smarts. His understanding of the game and his work ethic in the weight room. His positive attitude with teammates lifts them up. Kid is UCA material...not PWO material.

Maybe I'm just confused as to what it takes to get a full ride but I have seen Auburn drooling over this kid. All I know is if he was a safety on this team then that 10 - 15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage is LOCKED DOWN.

C'mon coaches....don't be out coached, I mean out scholarshiped for this kid. :oops:

Yes seems kind of embarrassing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:55 pm 
UserName Retired

I'm sure there is more to this. I'm sure it's understood that he will go to a bigger school (he has probably told the coaches as much). Therefore, rather than promising a scholarship to someone who likely isn't going to attend, this keeps it freed up for someone else. If he does come to UCA, then I'm sure they will find the money somewhere!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:19 pm 
Redshirt

Mulerider wrote:
BearCountry wrote:
Quote:
Reed Hughes
@reedhughes22
·
Dec 9
@BrooksHollings3

@NathanBrownUCA

Maybe I'm just confused as to what it takes to get a full ride but I have seen Auburn drooling over this kid. All I know is if he was a safety on this team then that 10 - 15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage is LOCKED DOWN.

Yes seems kind of embarrassing.

Well I did my research and this young man is a fine football player worthyvof an opportunity to play football at the next level but he has 3 offers all from Division 2 schools in the GAC. While he has attended camps to Auburn and Georgia he is a senior with no D1 FCS or FB offers. Now the film doesn’t lie ad he's a POTY and State champion but I believe they coaching staff is not short changed anyone and PWO at a D1 is an opportunity to prove himself but its a bit far fetched to say they are being out-coached or out-recruited

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:25 pm 
UserName Retired

Welcome 903 to the board.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:27 pm 
UserName Retired

Interesting. I believe he received an offer to Auburn the day his mom was in the hospital before she passed away. What kind of offer it was I'll have to ask him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:29 pm 
Redshirt

JRK wrote:
Welcome 903 to the board.....

Hope I didn’t come off as rude I hooped in feet first and I definitely meant no disrespect especially in light of finding out about his mother. I hope tp keep it to sports I definitely just want to be part of the community

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:38 pm 
Redshirt

BearCountry wrote:
Interesting. I believe he received an offer to Auburn the day his mom was in the hospital before she passed away. What kind of offer it was I'll have to ask him.

They did
https://twitter.com/reedhughes22/status ... 5895996416

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 am 
All-Conference

All high school football players think they can play in the SEC. No matter if they can or not.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

If he is that highly thought of and turns down the PWO at Auburn...
assures the UCA coaches he is coming and signs in the early period, there
will be scholarship money for him. He seems like a stand up guy and he wants
to try the SEC, no need to waste time on him...wish him well and go get the
guy who wants to be a BEAR...

BPSG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:22 pm 
UserName Retired

The early signing period for college football recruits in the 2019 class runs from Wednesday, Dec. 19, to Friday, Dec. 21.

National Signing Day is Feb. 6, 2019.

I just hope the coaches have a scholly on the back burner if this kid decides on the Bears now or later. I wish him luck at Auburn if that is his choice...or wherever he goes! =D>