It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Something interesting to look at! Dont miss this one!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:16 am 
Redshirt

I am relatively new to this website. Not having saved it in my favorites yet I went back to my pc this afternoon and typed what i thought would be the address and I ran across the most interesting bit of information. Check this site out!

http://www.ucabears.com

Make sure your sound is up so you will get the full effect. You can imagine my surprise when I saw what you will all see. This type of stuff should be outlawed.

Tell me what you guys think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:37 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I'll tell you what I think, this should go under other colleges...simply put

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=25517.0
BTW you are awfully busy late at night...you sure you are a sports fan or a stAte fan? If you are a stAte fan, just say so, we have a ton of em here, might as well join them. It's ok to come out of the woodworks.

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:05 pm 
All-Conference

I've nothing against the almighty ##########, and nothing for them as well. I beleave it's UCA BEARS for papabear. I don't appreciate people wearing ########## stuff at our ballgames, I think it's a total dis to our players and fans. I do not own anything outside of Purple and Gray when it comes to sportswear. I'm in agreement w/ Bear Fan 101, this should fall under other colleges. Thanks and Gooooo BEARS!!!!!!!!

Papabear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:25 pm 
Redshirt

I don't believe he's a stAte fan. Most likely a porker...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:03 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Papabear wrote:
I've nothing against the almighty ##########, and nothing for them as well. I beleave it's UCA BEARS for papabear. I don't appreciate people wearing ########## stuff at our ballgames, I think it's a total dis to our players and fans.

Having grown up being taught that clothes don't make the man, I'm a little confused by this logic. However, since clothes seemingly take precedence over where the fan is actually at, are you saying it is more of a dis to the team for a fan to show up at a UCA game and support the Bears while wearing a Razorbacks shirt and/or cap than it is for the same fan to don the purple and grey and head to Fayetteville to watch the Hogs do battle with some other opponent and just skip out on the UCA game altogether?

Also, do you think it's a good sign if the players know what the fans are wearing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:44 pm 
All-Conference

King of the South,
I agree that clothing don't make the person. When attending a Bears game, I'll be in purple to say the least.

Papabear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:36 pm 
Two-Time All-American

That's good. But you didn't answer the questions, which were both fairly simple. I'm disappointed.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:17 pm 
All-Conference

by all means do not skip out of a Bears game. When I came aboard coach Conque told me that my first assignment was to go to the bookstore and get a Bears T-shirt and cap. The players are aware of their surroundings. They love the sea of purple and gray. If I was going to attend a razarback game, I'd wear the red as means of respect. Their is a mind set in this State, nothing but the razorbacks. There is two D-1A teams in this State. I hope to see the Bears in D-1A in ten years or before the good Lord Jesus calls me home to glory. I hope that I've answered your questions in a correct and nice way. Writting and wording isn't my best skills.

Papabear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

My point was simply that, if somebody is taking their time and spending their money on gas, tickets and potentially food, lodging, souvenirs and things of the like to come and support the Bears they shouldn't be chastised for something as trivial as their t-shirt.

Maybe they're from a far corner of the state and haven't been exposed to UCA much if at all in years past and are just now hopping on the bandwagon for one reason or another, be it their kid is joining the program or enrolling in the school or they're sick of the Hogs' poor records and/or moron coach. So it's their first trip or one of their first to a UCA game and they haven't had the time/opportunity/money to load up on UCA gear at the game or in the bookstore.

And it kills me how it's a cardinal sin for a fan to put on a Hog cap but if somebody rolls out a hat or t-shirt of Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Florida State, Duke, etc. it's no big deal. So the beef isn't even with supporting other schools, it's with those damned Razorbacks – as if the University of Arkansas and its coaches and athletes have slept with your wife/girlfriend/daughter, beaten up your son, crapped in your bed and drank all your beer. Maybe even shot your horse and kicked your dog (thus dislocating the distal IP joint of the big toe).

The whole thing reeks of wanton jealousy and pettiness.

At least stAte fans have a halfway legitimate grounds for their issues with the UofA since they've been a Division I school for some time and the Razorbacks won't even entertain the idea of playing them. What's UCA's problem? They stole Harold Horton?

Hating the Hogs because they get an excessive amount of media attention is like hating some other parents because a coach plays their kid more than yours.

In the words of the great philosopher Ice-T – don't hate the player, hate the game.

But hey if it makes you feel better harboring great disdain for the UofA, its coaches, athletes and people who might own an article of clothing with a Hog stamped on it, instead of worrying about actual rivals of UCA, then by all means go right ahead.

Anyway I think it's time to get off here and go find somebody wearing a Methodist Church shirt and commence heckling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:35 pm 
Redshirt

Ok....this site has a lot of hostility on it. I did not post that website to cause problems I was simply outraged by the fact that someone else purchased the website and turned it into a hog site. I am a HUGE UCA fan. I have friends who go there and I attend almost every home game and especially the game in LR. So..please understand that. I am a fan of most arkansas sports and have quite the opposite attitude when it comes to the hogs.

Websites like that are all over the place. It happens to goverment agencies when people buy a .com website to look like it would be a .gov website just in case someone goes there by accident.

Anyway, yes...i am a stAte fan.....yes, i am a Bears fan, yes I am a Trojan fan.....but this posting was not meant to cause problems just to bring something like this into the light....

I guess ill stop posting on here...Good luck with the season and thanks for the great hospitality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:40 am 
UserName Retired

I agree, this stuff should be outlawed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:56 am 
Starter

No wonder the University could not get the UCABears domain and had to use UCA Sports instead. This site is old because if you notice, the site has a draft Butch Davis ad and then plenty of internet spamo to go out the wazzu. UCA should offer him a buck for the domain or take them to court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:53 pm 
All-Conference

King,
Did I say I hate the razarbacks? I attened hog games for 14 yrs. I attened my first bowl game at shreaveport at the Mizzo game. Hating the hogs? Hardly not. The ticket mgr. was very unkind to me and more or less shipped me to Jonesboro. I attended Arkansas stAte games for 8 yrs. until my daughter chose UCA as University of choice. I don't hate any team of our State. UCA has treated me with great respect and hospitality. I'll always be a BearBacker!

Papabear
GO BEARS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:21 pm 
Team Captain

My rule of thumb on who is a fan is "Can we spend their fan-ness"?

Someone buys a ticket and shows up wearing Hog clothes from the underwear out still meets my definition of a fan because the school can spend the money from the ticket.

Someone never comes to games but buys a new licensed hat or shirt every year, maybe not a great fan but they are advertising the program when they wear the merchandise and the school can spend the proceeds of the licensing fees.

Someone catches the score on TV and says "Oh darn, too bad" not a fan. School can't spend it so it doesn't amount to anything.

I've been lectured at length by people who used to "root" for us but never spent as much as a badly photocopied $5 bill on us. Frankly their opinion didn't carry a ton of weight with me when I was on the I-Club Board. The people who did catch my ear were the ones who came to one or two games a year. The hard-core you can't hardly run off but those one/two game folks are the ones you've got a shot at converting.