It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:14 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

:roll: geez what a derailed thread this has become...

bearly legal wrote:
Now everyone must ask the obvious question as to why no one wants to play UCA in the CCC and why damn Henderson is the opponent. Because outside of the GSC, no one knows who the hell the Bears are yet

So does that mean that our football UCA is different from our basketball and baseball UCA where UConn, Ole Miss, Kansas, Kansas St., Gonzaga, ULM, Bucknell, St. Louis Univ., Oral Roberts, stAte, UALR and others are sprinkled in all the schedules for this season? Sure sounds like somebody out there knows who Central Arkanss is already, football included.

bearly legal wrote:
...and within the GSC, HSU and SAU are the only one with the guts to play them.
that, and they could use the paycheck too I'm sure! :wink:

bearly legal wrote:
For now, I'd take the wins over Henderson, Augustana and SAU and run before the likes of UC-Davis, Ill. State and others this year and the SLC next season come calling on a weekly basis.
I guess Sam Houston and SFA don't count as this year either! :lol:

That and we all figure the stAte game will happen in due time in Jonesboro for a few years, just like back in the late 90s. But the @$$ kicking part as you so pointed out might be debateable as usual. Yes we lost both of them, when BOTH programs were not at their best let's say. But I don't think you could consider either one of those @$$ kickings, especially that game in '97 if you go back and look at it. Man what great atmostpheres and games with both fans into it, I enjoyed both trips to Jonesboro, minus the scores. :)

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:44 pm 
UserName Retired

If I remember correctly, Tech said they wouldn't play us :?

I would love to see that matchup just one more time...every year that is! :lol: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:37 pm 
All-American

BEARS2006 wrote:
If I remember correctly, Tech said they wouldn't play us :?

I would love to see that matchup just one more time...every year that is! :lol: :D

I don't particularly care about playing Tech again. Time to move on and look toward the future.

The Wonderboys and Golden Suns will be way back in the rear view mirror.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:31 pm 
UserName Retired

.......after this year, D2 is probably completely gone from our schedule anyway :wink:

I saw posted on anygivensaturday.com that some schools we wll face have up to 21 IA transfers on them! Wow! Hope we start getting that many on a yearly basis! :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:44 pm 
UserName Retired

Here is the site you can find out all the info from last years game!

I forgot how bad we beat them! :oops:

http://www.hsu.edu/content.aspx?id=4040#GAME.DRV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:49 am 
UserName Retired

Does anyone know if they are doing the student busses down to LR for the CCC? I think they did this last year or maybe when we played UAPB, but I think the trip included some other stuff like a meal and maybe some free goodies? Am I remembering correctly or am I completely off my rocker??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:53 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

if I had the number for the athletic office I'd give it to you. But my best guess is to get on UCASports.com and get a number for one of them in the athletic dept and ask around to see if they have that planned or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:30 am 
UserName Retired

No idea about this year, but I remember BigBear04 saying that he took the bus last year. Pretty sure he also said there was a box lunch included, and the busses were packed :!:

:-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:07 am 
Two-Time All-American

Last year they gave the students a free ride, free lunch and free ticket. Haven't heard anything about this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:09 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:
Someone asked the question about what we expect from the media in regards to UCA football...well for starters how about the school's own webpage put the Captial City Classic on it's calendar!
http://www.uca.edu/calendar/main.php?view=day&timebegin=2006-08-31+00%3A00%3A00&timeend=2006-08-31+23%3A59%3A00&sponsorid=all&categoryid=0&keyword=
This calender is from the link on www.uca.edu where it says Welcome Week...click on the 31st and "No events scheduled for this day."

It's not just the LR game, there aren't any athletic events listed. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:59 am 
All-Conference

BEARS2006 wrote:
.......after this year, D2 is probably completely gone from our schedule anyway :wink:

I saw posted on anygivensaturday.com that some schools we wll face have up to 21 IA transfers on them! Wow! Hope we start getting that many on a yearly basis! :!:

That number may be a little high, but I would imagine most D1AA schools get a couple of D1 transfers a year every year. I imagine the coaches even leave a few scholarships open in February for that reason.

I would imagine you probably lose a couple a year on average that transfer to a D2 school. you can't play everybody and you always have guys who are not happy with their situation.

My thinking is that this will help your depth more than anything. There isn't going to be just a huge gap between the last guys signed in a D1 recruiting class and the first guys signed in a D1AA class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:04 am 
All-Conference

One more thing. I am bringing a group of wild Indians to watch you guys next week and I was wondering if there were going to be discount tickets anywhere and if it will be general admission?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:07 am 
UserName Retired

There is an article about the "pecking" order for the first game from the LCD on the Homepage Newsticker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:28 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Crump1 wrote:
I am bringing a group of wild Indians to watch you guys next week and I was wondering if there were going to be discount tickets anywhere and if it will be general admission?

I can't honestly say I have heard anything about any discount tickets, and I'd just assume all tickets will be general admission. This link is the best thing I can find any information on.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?organ_val=22000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:49 am 
UserName Retired

Until UCA starts selling out War Memorial, I don't really see any point of reserved seating.

(May I live to see the day!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next