It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

1) Yea I encourage people all the time to go to the games! I don't think I should be on here bitching if I wasn't doing my part.

2) I think the portion of money they take out per student is enough money I need to give a year!

3) Yea I know exactly what I'm looking for...It's to get the word out about the games whether in the three major forms of communcation. TV, Radio, and Newspaper. I mean hell the razorpiggies put commercials on TV for when they play in LR against some po-dunk school like ULM. Granted their has been stuff in the local papers but most of it's not what the athletic dept. has done its been from reporters come and write about.

So all in all I think I do my part as a UCA fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:00 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I've been paying to go to games and bringing people with me since 1971. I think that more than qualifies me as a fan. Why not dress down the "powers that be" instead of making up excuses for them and being a smart@ss to the few fans that do actually support this program? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:36 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Because my "excuses" are "valid reasons" and you can't see it for one reason or another.

I never once said you weren't a fan and didn't bring people to the games. You obviously didn't read the first part of the post. I just wanted to know what everybody was doing, just to see if people were actually pulling their weight and not just sitting around crying all the time. It was an honest question, but I knew it would sound like a rhetorical, jackass comment which is why I prefaced it the way I did.

And I am not dressing down the "powers that be" because I "don't really have beef with them" and am not "perpetually pissed at the supposed shoddy job they do". I am also a bit of a "realist" and don't expect the media to "fawn over UCA" and make the "Capital City Classic" the "biggest event in the state" and make the Bears the "new media darlings" instead of those "worthless Razorpiggiebackswineporklardhogs".

By the way, I'm glad we're all on the same team here. I applaud you for every thing that you do do to support the program and I'm sure the university appreciates it too, whatever it may be.

That being said, I do not applaud consistent whining and attempting to tell me I am wrong in any shape, form or fashion because I'm typically not.

And as for UpandIn...

UpandIn913 wrote:
1) Yea I encourage people all the time to go to the games! I don't think I should be on here bitching if I wasn't doing my part.

2) I think the portion of money they take out per student is enough money I need to give a year!

3) Yea I know exactly what I'm looking for...It's to get the word out about the games whether in the three major forms of communcation. TV, Radio, and Newspaper. I mean hell the razorpiggies put commercials on TV for when they play in LR against some po-dunk school like ULM. Granted their has been stuff in the local papers but most of it's not what the athletic dept. has done its been from reporters come and write about.

2) If you don't go the extra step and don't think you should be expected to, it seems quite unfair for you to expect it out of others.

3a) Word is out in TV, Radio and Newspaper. So I don't see your complaint. I made specific mention of each medium a few posts ago, go back and re-read.

3b) I honestly do not know this answer, but does the University of Arkansas pay for television advertising for Little Rock games? Or is it just the TV stations running announcements or is it corporate-sponsored (paid)? I don't really pay attention to the commercials so I don't know what they look like or who they are paid for by. Somebody that has TV dealings might be able to offer some insight.

3c) Some podunk school like ULM is still a much bigger deal than some podunk school like Henderson State.

3d) You are not really crying about newspapers having stuff in them from their own reporters, are you? You do understand that's kind of how things work, right? Newspapers hire people to go and report on certain things, so these people do that, and it goes in the newspaper. If the news people are doing their jobs, then that's less work the university has to do. And, it's free when they do their own job and you don't have to actually go and spend money on the advertising if you're getting plenty of run in the media otherwise. You can pay for a 30-second commercial or get a free minute segment on the news ... which one do you think is a better value?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:29 pm 
Two-Time All-American

King of the South wrote:

3d) You are not really crying about newspapers having stuff in them from their own reporters, are you? You do understand that's kind of how things work, right? Newspapers hire people to go and report on certain things, so these people do that, and it goes in the newspaper. If the news people are doing their jobs, then that's less work the university has to do. And, it's free when they do their own job and you don't have to actually go and spend money on the advertising if you're getting plenty of run in the media otherwise. You can pay for a 30-second commercial or get a free minute segment on the news ... which one do you think is a better value?

Well thank you Captain Obvious! I don't think I ever was complaing about reporters coming out and doing their job did I??? I think someone just likes to jump to conclusion to quick. Reporters no matter what kinda of newspaper or magazine work their ass off to get the job at hand done. Basically what I was saying was that, that's all that is getting put into the papers. The Athletic Dept. is not putting fourth any effort to promote any of our game such as the Cap. City Classic.

I will add though that I did see something about the scrimmage on Saturday in today's newspaper. Let's just keep it rolling throughout the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:08 pm 
Practice Squad

King, you seem a little sensative. I wasn't going to reply to this, but since you probably lump me into the "group of geniuses", which I'm not, I feel like I must reply. With that said I my never post here again, because it should never be fan against fan. And calling out fans on how much they donate should never be a subject on this board. But if you insist to know..

1. For instance, I am bringing a car of eight to the scrimage saturday, only 2 are from my household. There is also another group of four following us. And this is from NWA. Except for one who is from Mo. who is making a 51/2 trip for the game. So yes I get the word out.

2.How much money am I pouring into the program? Well I am a Purple circle member, and not on the lower level. Where I earmark my money is my business.

3. What am I looking for. Any kind of UCA info I can get in NWA, which is zilch. I can keep up with ASU up here better than UCA.

With that said, This web site is the only source of info guys like me and Josh have. The NWA area is FULL of UCA alum that can't get info if they don't know about this site, they crave for info. If they don't get it they end up turning into piggee fans, they have no choice, they get caught up in it.

King, I have no problem with you, but don't turn fan against fan. We are all UCA fans and everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:10 am 
Two-Time All-American

Come on Warpaint, we want you here and need you here. This wasn't originally a thread to attack other fans. It just degressed after my post stating the obvious fact that the university isn't promoting the upcoming season. And no, it doesn't take the "deep pockets" that the Hogs enjoy.

http://members.cox.net/kaylapt/NSU%20Season%20Tix.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEeaE9LfaM

http://www.ekusports.com/stats/2005-06/ ... egrass.wmv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:35 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

good to see you back on here Warpaint. First off, have a safe trip down here, look forward to seeing the a LOT of people at the scrimmage/ "FAN APPRECIAITION DAY" tomorrow morning.

2nd off, anyone got any ideas how to get anything going up in NWA? Or should that just be offbase no matter what? Warpaint's right, I know a ton of UCA alums up there and I know most others do too. Some of them act like there time here at UCA never existed. *writer's note-Obviously all of them don't act like my previous statement, but are in fact extremely loyal and proud....before I get called out for generalizing.

Post subject: Media of UCA Athletics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:31 pm 
Practice Squad

Surely with the size of the Media Department at UCA, someone would be able to put together something like Purple Pride had in his posting. I've seen stuff that UCA Alum/All American John Newberry has put together when he was working on his degree that put those other clips to shame. He now does the same thing that is shown on TV weekly. I've heard John will be moving back to Conway in January after he gets married. But still, there has to be some folks over in the Media Department who could get something together. As far as I know, they could already be working on it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:27 pm 
Redshirt

Well the biggest problem I see is that even if you advertise the hell out of the game nobody wants to go watch us play damn henderson st. Get a team in there worth a shit then it might be worth the money and effort to get out there and advertise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:08 pm 
UserName Retired

Bearfootball24 wrote:
Well the biggest problem I see is that even if you advertise the hell out of the game nobody wants to go watch us play damn henderson st. Get a team in there worth a shit then it might be worth the money and effort to get out there and advertise.

This is a very good point!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:31 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Bearfootball24 wrote:

Well, BF24, you have brought up an interesting argument. Didn't the "Capital City Classic" begin as a contest with ASU? Then it moved to a 4 game deal with UAPB. That ended up being a joke, seeing as how they couldn't even afford to turn their lights on. They backed out. Now we have Henderson. :roll: Maybe next year we can shoot for a double-header and maybe play, oh I don't know, Cabot and Springdale? I'm just wondering what the point is and who is REALLY benefitting from this "deal". I mean, Children's is a good cause and everything, but couldn't our golf team get some Props and have a tournament? If we're gonna try to bring fans and respect, I'd either play smashmouth with somebody recognizeable or save ourself for something marketable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:44 pm 
UserName Retired

Someone asked the question about what we expect from the media in regards to UCA football...well for starters how about the school's own webpage put the Captial City Classic on it's calendar!
http://www.uca.edu/calendar/main.php?view=day&timebegin=2006-08-31+00%3A00%3A00&timeend=2006-08-31+23%3A59%3A00&sponsorid=all&categoryid=0&keyword=
This calender is from the link on www.uca.edu where it says Welcome Week...click on the 31st and "No events scheduled for this day."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:42 am 
All-Conference

Warpaint,
Keep the faith Brother. Don't let others influence you in a negative way. You are to be comended for the great job that you're doing to promote the UCA Bears :) . We all need to pull together and be as one family. I hope to meet you and the rest of the Bear faithful today at the Scimage. I'll end this reply by saying

Goooo Bears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:14 am 
All-American

joshuca wrote:
Bearfootball24 wrote:

This is a very good point!

EXCELLENT POINT!!!!!!

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:16 am 
2nd Team

Now everyone must ask the obvious question as to why no one wants to play UCA in the CCC and why "damn" Henderson is the opponent. Because outside of the GSC, no one knows who the hell the Bears are yet and within the GSC, HSU andSAU are the only one with the guts to play them. Maybe in a few years after UCA establishes itself at D1AA, they will get to play someone decent like Arkansas State who will deliver the ass-kicking some of you guys seem to want so badly and in such a hurry. For now, I'd take the wins over Henderson, Augustana and SAU and run before the likes of UC-Davis, Ill. State and others this year and the SLC next season come calling on a weekly basis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next