All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Illinois State
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:17 pm 
UserName Retired

FCS PLAYOFFS: Illinois State defeats SEMO, UCA Up Next

Post subject: Re: Illinois State
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:24 pm 
UserName Retired

This will be a big game.....ISU is used to big games coming out of the MVC.....

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE GAME: James Robinson, RB, Illinois State -- With the QB situation unsettled because of injury, all eyes were on Robinson and SEMO still couldn't stop him. He rushed 41 times for 297 yards and a TD, as the Redbirds only threw the ball seven times. Robinson also caught a pass for seven yards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:08 am 
Redshirt

ISUr has an incredible pass rush from what I can tell watching the SEMO plus other games. If the D can keep their run game contained and force them to pass more, the Bears should come away with the W.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 am 
Two-Time All-American

Illinois State will have a dominant O-line as they did the last time they
came to Conway. If memory serves me, the Bears blocked a punt late
in that game to preserve the win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 am 
Two-Time All-American

https://ucasports.com/news/2016/11/26/f ... h=football

Don't think UCA can afford a slow start in this one...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:49 am 
Team Captain

Quick question on tickets: I have my tickets ordered for Saturday. I entered "Section 4U, General Admission, Best Available" ($20.00), but on the ticket site, there are Upper Reserved Section 4U tickets for $35.00, and General Admission tickets for Section 4U for $20.00. My tickets are for Row 1, but is that the first row of the chairback seats, or the 1st row in the bleacher seats behind chairbacks? I am good with bleachers, but it isn't the most clear description of seating and tickets.

Thanks for any clarification you all can be.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:41 pm 
All-Conference

philgood80 wrote:
Quick question on tickets: I have my tickets ordered for Saturday. I entered "Section 4U, General Admission, Best Available" ($20.00), but on the ticket site, there are Upper Reserved Section 4U tickets for $35.00, and General Admission tickets for Section 4U for $20.00. My tickets are for Row 1, but is that the first row of the chairback seats, or the 1st row in the bleacher seats behind chairbacks? I am good with bleachers, but it isn't the most clear description of seating and tickets.

Thanks for any clarification you all can be.

Those are for anywhere in the upper deck where there is not a chair back. Also, you may want to sit on the other side where you may get a different view. Have a great day!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm 
Team Captain

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. But the ticket site shows both kinds of tickets in the same location. The girl at the box office recognized that it is confusing. And I think I’ll stay on the west side. The view is just fine there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:04 pm 
All-Conference

We'll likely be underdogs in this one (I haven't seen an actual vegas line but ratings indicate Ill st. will be favored).

O-line: They punish defenses with their run game. Given recent absences and injuries from our D-line rotation, this is not a good angle for UCA. Hopefully the extra week got some folks healthy. Advantage: ISU

D-Line: Looks to have a good pass rush but have given up some rushing yards in the MVC. Stats don't bear out dominance, but given the conference they play in, middle of the pack is probably pretty good. Advantage: ISU

LB/Secondary: This may be a place for UCA's O to exploit some personnel advantages. Looking at past games, they tend to give up big plays from time to time, so dialing up pressure with their front 7 may give way to some one on one battles on the sidelines. Given UCA's unique offense, they may scheme differently. UCA's corners will be on islands as i imagine the box will be loaded given their rushing attack. Advantage: Push

QB: Brady Davis has thrown 9 TDs/9 Ints on the year in a run first offense. If we can make him throw, bears will be in the game. Advantage: UCA

RBs: James Robinson has been a workhorse for ISU and don't expect things to change Saturday. While I love Carlos and Kierre, we have struggled to run. However, we have been able to utilize Carlos in different ways, but the run game has been a big disappointment this year. Advantage: ISU

WRs: Not a whole lot of debate here. UCA is stacked and has depth at WRs that's been on display all year. Advantage: UCA

Special Teams: Hayden Ray (when healthy) has been on point all year. Recent struggles however, kick return for a TD from UIW, have given me pause on this. They appear to have a good kicker based on stats. Advantage: Push

Overall, this hopefully will live up to the billing. Two teams with very different offensive philosophies should be entertaining to watch. Unfortunately, I'm extremely nervous that our line will be completely worn down by ISUs big men in the late stages of the game. Hope I'm wrong...ISU 27 - UCA 20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 am 
UserName Retired

Gotta make it look full for the cameras!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 am 
All-Conference

joshuca wrote:

Gotta make it look full for the cameras!

Going to be tough with Finals coming up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:20 pm 
All-Conference

huggy_bear wrote:
We'll likely be underdogs in this one (I haven't seen an actual vegas line but ratings indicate Ill st. will be favored).

O-line: They punish defenses with their run game. Given recent absences and injuries from our D-line rotation, this is not a good angle for UCA. Hopefully the extra week got some folks healthy. Advantage: ISU

D-Line: Looks to have a good pass rush but have given up some rushing yards in the MVC. Stats don't bear out dominance, but given the conference they play in, middle of the pack is probably pretty good. Advantage: ISU

LB/Secondary: This may be a place for UCA's O to exploit some personnel advantages. Looking at past games, they tend to give up big plays from time to time, so dialing up pressure with their front 7 may give way to some one on one battles on the sidelines. Given UCA's unique offense, they may scheme differently. UCA's corners will be on islands as i imagine the box will be loaded given their rushing attack. Advantage: Push

QB: Brady Davis has thrown 9 TDs/9 Ints on the year in a run first offense. If we can make him throw, bears will be in the game. Advantage: UCA

RBs: James Robinson has been a workhorse for ISU and don't expect things to change Saturday. While I love Carlos and Kierre, we have struggled to run. However, we have been able to utilize Carlos in different ways, but the run game has been a big disappointment this year. Advantage: ISU

WRs: Not a whole lot of debate here. UCA is stacked and has depth at WRs that's been on display all year. Advantage: UCA

Special Teams: Hayden Ray (when healthy) has been on point all year. Recent struggles however, kick return for a TD from UIW, have given me pause on this. They appear to have a good kicker based on stats. Advantage: Push

Overall, this hopefully will live up to the billing. Two teams with very different offensive philosophies should be entertaining to watch. Unfortunately, I'm extremely nervous that our line will be completely worn down by ISUs big men in the late stages of the game. Hope I'm wrong...ISU 27 - UCA 20

Davis is hurt and Jefferson, a rookie QB, will start. Doesn't really change much in their approach probably.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

The Bear d-line needs
to have a solid day

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm 
Team Captain

The last time we played a home playoff game, we were dominated on the LOS on both sides of the ball. We cannot afford that this time. We must block, we must open holes, we must protect Breylin, and we must stop their run game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:46 pm 
UserName Retired

https://ucasports.com/custompages/FBStats/2016/teamstat.htm

10-3 in 2016 with a playoff win over Illinois State by 31-24.....Bears had to score 24 in Q4 to salvage the win...…..I'd take the same outcome this time as well...…..we ran for only 70 yards.....